Ultimate space simulation software

CN_SE_USER
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: General questions about SpaceEngine

24 Apr 2022 04:47

Is that possible to make all Celestia addons works on SE? I have already make one addon from Celestia Motherlode works on SE. link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2798434737

The Space Place
Observer
Observer

05 Jun 2022 18:38

This isn't necessarily the game, but rather the logo. I have a logo that looks similar to yours. Can I use it or will I get copyright claimed for it? I don't have the file of the logo on this computer but you can see it here: youtube.com/TheSpacePlaceOfficial

Sindri
Observer
Observer

06 Jun 2022 10:55

This isn't necessarily the game, but rather the logo. I have a logo that looks similar to yours. Can I use it or will I get copyright claimed for it? I don't have the file of the logo on this computer but you can see it here: youtube.com/TheSpacePlaceOfficial
Hey! Thanks for asking!

I had a look at your channel just now, and am really excited to see where this will lead for you! You're doing some excellent content so far. Having worked in YouTube for over 5 years now myself, it's great to see you starting your journey!

RE: the logo - don't imagine we'll be sending any claims over that. The only situation I can really see where you could run into trouble is if you attempted to portray yourself/your channel as "representing" SpaceEngine, or suddenly started developing a space game.

However, you will want to credit SpaceEngine (or SpaceEngine PRO, if your videos are monetized) either in the description or the video itself, for any videos when using that content, in order to comply with the license (There should be a bit on that in the EULA).

I can see that you're making a serious effort to get things right with copyright and attribution (which is awesome), so if you need any help with this, or have any questions about the EULA going forward, please feel free to reach out!

Thanks again, and good luck!
Alex
Alex / Sindri (he/him)
Chief Executive Officer
Cosmographic Software LLC (SpaceEngine)
[email protected]

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

09 Jun 2022 11:11

Hey! Thanks for asking!

I had a look at your channel just now, and am really excited to see where this will lead for you! You're doing some excellent content so far. Having worked in YouTube for over 5 years now myself, it's great to see you starting your journey!

RE: the logo - don't imagine we'll be sending any claims over that. The only situation I can really see where you could run into trouble is if you attempted to portray yourself/your channel as "representing" SpaceEngine, or suddenly started developing a space game.

However, you will want to credit SpaceEngine (or SpaceEngine PRO, if your videos are monetized) either in the description or the video itself, for any videos when using that content, in order to comply with the license (There should be a bit on that in the EULA).

I can see that you're making a serious effort to get things right with copyright and attribution (which is awesome), so if you need any help with this, or have any questions about the EULA going forward, please feel free to reach out!

Thanks again, and good luck!
Alex
Who are you? You only just joined.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

13 Jun 2022 05:10

Who are you? You only just joined.
It's written on his signature  :lol:
He's in SE Team, it's probably his very first post!
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

TrigMan59
Observer
Observer

28 Jun 2022 08:46

Hi Everyone. I just purchased SE on Steam last night as it's on sale and I wanted to get it based on YouTube video about it by ObsidianAnt.

Why Exploration Just Works - Space Engine

I started it up and wanted to view the Planetarium. I started with the Tutorials, but it got hung up in a few places for me. I clearly wasn't doing something right. I have Parkinson's disease so I have some cognitive problems and it was late in the evening. I wanted to ask if there were any recommendations for a good YouTube channel or website for real newbies like me on how to use SE? A SE for Dummies site. Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

28 Jun 2022 09:45

I started it up and wanted to view the Planetarium. I started with the Tutorials, but it got hung up in a few places for me. I clearly wasn't doing something right. I have Parkinson's disease so I have some cognitive problems and it was late in the evening. I wanted to ask if there were any recommendations for a good YouTube channel or website for real newbies like me on how to use SE? A SE for Dummies site. Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.
Are you having trouble remembering the controls?

TrigMan59
Observer
Observer

28 Jun 2022 10:32

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, that's part of my trouble I guess. Is there a printable listing of all of the keyboard commands for SE based on what module you're using? A printable manual would also be great too.

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer

28 Jun 2022 11:26

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, that's part of my trouble I guess. Is there a printable listing of all of the keyboard commands for SE based on what module you're using? A printable manual would also be great too.
I don't believe such a thing exists yet. You could check the keybinds menu in the settings, but it is cluttered, unorganized (it is not even arranged alphabetically last time I checked) and lacks a search function. Don't feel bad about finding this menu difficult to navigate, I cannot even get started looking for more obscure functions in there.

The buttons on the panels that surround the edges of your screens should contain most functions needed to use SpaceEngine without needing to remember what the keys do. The bottom left panel (pops up when your cursor pushes against the left side of your screen's bottom edge) has buttons that can fast forward, reverse and reset the game's time. The icons these buttons are marked with should make it easier to remember their functions - the arrow facing a clock resets the game's time, putting it to the current date and time.

The same applies for every other panel. The panels can be pinned to not retract when you stop hovering over them, you just have to click the icon in the corner of the box and they'll stay like that - this sticks between restarts, so you don't have to keep remembering this.

Hope this helps.

TrigMan59
Observer
Observer

09 Jul 2022 18:32

I don't believe such a thing exists yet. You could check the keybinds menu in the settings, but it is cluttered, unorganized (it is not even arranged alphabetically last time I checked) and lacks a search function. Don't feel bad about finding this menu difficult to navigate, I cannot even get started looking for more obscure functions in there.

The buttons on the panels that surround the edges of your screens should contain most functions needed to use SpaceEngine without needing to remember what the keys do. The bottom left panel (pops up when your cursor pushes against the left side of your screen's bottom edge) has buttons that can fast forward, reverse and reset the game's time. The icons these buttons are marked with should make it easier to remember their functions - the arrow facing a clock resets the game's time, putting it to the current date and time.

The same applies for every other panel. The panels can be pinned to not retract when you stop hovering over them, you just have to click the icon in the corner of the box and they'll stay like that - this sticks between restarts, so you don't have to keep remembering this.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply and guidance. I appreciate it,

I decided to create my own SE Keyboard Shortcuts list (not exhaustive) for my personal reference. Anyone here is welcome to use it.
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AumjyAX6XBNyjsdthTs ... A?e=E4DmkL

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

12 Jul 2022 11:48

Fer cryin' out loud... anybody bother to check the "readme_eng.txt" file in the SpaceEngine\license folder?

Jvneberries
Observer
Observer

14 Aug 2022 17:51

i have a request for anyone who has some time to spare.

I'm currently on vacation, and i need screenshots of the info tabs of a marine Terra with terrestrial and marine multicellular life for something I'm working on.

i won't go into details about it as I'm not sure yet what counts as advertising and what doesn't (if this counts as advertising then let me know, and I'll remove this post) but if someone could help me out that would be great.

Also it's my first time using the forum and I'm a little nervous that I'll mess this up.

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer

14 Aug 2022 20:37

I'm currently on vacation, and i need screenshots of the info tabs of a marine Terra with terrestrial and marine multicellular life for something I'm working on.

i won't go into details about it as I'm not sure yet what counts as advertising and what doesn't (if this counts as advertising then let me know, and I'll remove this post) but if someone could help me out that would be great.

Also it's my first time using the forum and I'm a little nervous that I'll mess this up.
Why?

Jvneberries
Observer
Observer

15 Aug 2022 11:20

Why?
I'm working on a calculator that you can put values of a planet into to determine if it can be inhabited by humans, and i need pictures of the info tabs so i can see all the values that i would need to add to the code for the calculator.

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

17 Aug 2022 14:40

Hope these are good enough for you, and not too late.
990-00245a-General.jpg
General
990-00245b-Physical.jpg
Physical
990-00245c-Atmosphere.jpg
Atmosphere
990-00245d-Hydrosphere.jpg
Hydrosphere
990-00245e-Orbit.jpg
Orbit