Ultimate space simulation software

Cantra
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

Exporting Stellar systems in 0.990

21 Jan 2022 15:12

How does one export an entire solar system in .990? You used to be able to do that in 0.980.
Just a random user on the internet, nothing to see here.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

21 Jan 2022 17:30

Select a star, be sure to follow it, return to the main menu, select Tools, then Export Planet script. Yes it's called export planet, but it exports a script for the entire system.
Discord is not a place where to expect a quick answer, like in forums you have to be patient.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Cantra
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

22 Jan 2022 13:39

Select a star, be sure to follow it, return to the main menu, select Tools, then Export Planet script. Yes it's called export planet, but it exports a script for the entire system.
Discord is not a place where to expect a quick answer, like in forums you have to be patient.
Alright, I did that. I can make systems in 0.980, but for some reason this system I am making isn't spawning within the game. Maybe you can take a look at what I have to see what I am doing wrong.
Asystem I put in the stars folder (the barycenter), I can't upload the rest of the system due to file limits. But I think the problem is with the file I posted.
Attachments
Asystem.sc
(447 Bytes) Downloaded 137 times

centri3
Observer
Observer

22 Jan 2022 20:00

Alright, I did that. I can make systems in 0.980, but for some reason this system I am making isn't spawning within the game. Maybe you can take a look at what I have to see what I am doing wrong.
Asystem I put in the stars folder (the barycenter), I can't upload the rest of the system due to file limits. But I think the problem is with the file I posted.
edit Asystem.sc to:
Omega barycenter.sc
(95 Bytes) Downloaded 137 times
and create a new file in catalogs/planets/*:
Omega.sc
(190 Bytes) Downloaded 141 times
i added Class and set it to M3 Ia to prevent creating a humongous Blue main sequence star, you can remove this and edit it however you want

you could change Mass and Radius to MassSol and RadSol, they're just easier to read (I don't think they change anything)

if you wish to have procedurally generated planets, simply move Omega.sc to catalogs/planets/* instead and remove Omega barycenter.sc, though this will add some limitations you will quickly run into

everything else in an exported system should work fine

Cantra
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

22 Jan 2022 23:33

edit Asystem.sc to:
Omega barycenter.sc
and create a new file in catalogs/planets/*:
Omega.sc
i added Class and set it to M3 Ia to prevent creating a humongous Blue main sequence star, you can remove this and edit it however you want

you could change Mass and Radius to MassSol and RadSol, they're just easier to read (I don't think they change anything)

if you wish to have procedurally generated planets, simply move Omega.sc to catalogs/planets/* instead and remove Omega barycenter.sc, though this will add some limitations you will quickly run into

everything else in an exported system should work fine
Alright I added it in and added the exported system into the file and made the system orbit around the barycenter but it still spawns in the blue hypergiant.

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

24 Jan 2022 17:14

The star catalog needs to contain a Star or StarBarycenter tag, you can't just use Barycenter. Also the Orbit tag is meaningless, as objects defined in the Star and StarBarycenter tags are fixed objects by definition. Likewise, the rotation parameters are meaningless in a star catalog, those can only be specified for objects in planet catalogs. You also should specify spectral class and luminosity in the StarBarycenter tag.

When exporting a system, you're getting the planet catalog information only, so you will always need to create the star catalog manually. I recommend reading the documentation about creating objects so you can better understand of how the system works.
Ryzen 7 3700X, 64 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, RTX 3090 24 GB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717

tonyadams
Observer
Observer

Re: Exporting Stellar systems in 0.990

02 Apr 2023 22:56

How does one export an entire solar system in .990? You used to be able to do that in 0.980.
Exporting an entire solar system in SpaceEngine version 0.990 can be done using the built-in export feature. Please note that the export feature in SpaceEngine 0.990 is more flexible than in previous versions, and you can choose to export specific objects, such as planets or stars, or entire solar systems.

Braham
Observer
Observer

Re: Exporting Stellar systems in 0.990

20 Apr 2023 02:11

color tunnel
I haven't tried exporting the system in 0.99, has anyone tried and got results? retro bowl
Hi guys!

I also do not know to explore the solar system in 0.99. I get more information from you. It may be beneficial.