Ultimate space simulation software

Arigato
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

SE kaput?

21 Dec 2021 07:58

Last news were July 20 and no activity ever since. Developer doesn't even visit forum anymore. Last new were bad like he can't handle a dev team. Do we now have the last version?

Khorrah
Explorer
Explorer

SE kaput?

21 Dec 2021 12:18

Last news were July 20 and no activity ever since. Developer doesn't even visit forum anymore. Last new were bad like he can't handle a dev team. Do we now have the last version?
No, isn't the last version, It's not like with few developers you will have a big update very soon, the next big update would be the 3d clouds I think so.
Hello, I LOVE lasagna and Space Engine. ♥

My Specs: Intel Core I5 12600K, Corsair Vengeance Pro SL 32GB, MSI Z690-A WIFI DDR4, GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER 8G.

Arigato
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

SE kaput?

21 Dec 2021 16:51

You saying that because you have some insider info or you just telling me your dreams?

centri3
Observer
Observer

SE kaput?

21 Dec 2021 21:55

You saying that because you have some insider info or you just telling me your dreams?
No, they're right. Now, whether 3D clouds will be the next version is up for debate, though there has been much longer times between updates than 7 months. There's still many things that are waiting to be added.

Arigato
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

SE kaput?

22 Dec 2021 10:06

Debate between whom? As far as I know people hope for the clouds since 2017. It's no matter if they discuss, it's only matter if developer is really doing it. Which I seriously doubt. Actually all of this looks like a dead project's forum with what is left of the fans.

FastFourierTransform
Pioneer
Pioneer

SE kaput?

22 Dec 2021 10:48

Debate between whom? As far as I know people hope for the clouds since 2017. It's no matter if they discuss, it's only matter if developer is really doing it. Which I seriously doubt. Actually all of this looks like a dead project's forum with what is left of the fans.
People that like SE have learned to wait. This is an extremely small team. Once it was only one person. These people have no obligation to give to you or any of us any of their time, but they still do. Keep calm. SpaceEngine is one of the most outstanding planetariums out there; it takes time, it goes slowly but it yields the most accurate depictions of the Universe to date. The only thing you can do is try to help by giving constructive criticism, donating, keeping the forum alive with new ideas and telling others about SE. You are not programming it, you are not the boss of anyone here and you don't know the reasons why things must sometimes go as slow as they do.

This rhythm is expected. This is not an end of the project but the steady evolution of it, at the usual speed. Hope for a good year of new developments, if Vladimir and the rest of the team is able to take their time on it. Keep always in mind that waiting is the easy part, the difficult one been programing a whole procedural universe just for people like you and me.

Arigato
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

SE kaput?

22 Dec 2021 13:35

Keep always in mind that waiting is the easy part, the difficult one been programing
No problem. Just open the code and then thousands of people will help programming it. Instead we seem to have a closed project of no active developer and "wait or go away, pig" position. I don't like it.

As for constructive critics - I tried to give it and wrote a PM to developer why giant-terra-giant-terra sequence can not exist. And I found myself completely ignored.

Arigato
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

SE kaput?

22 Dec 2021 14:27

Oh and one more. You say these people have no obligations. Actually they have. The game was sold for money, right? And it was called open beta which means that developer promises to finish it and takes those obligations. Don't you find it fair?

centri3
Observer
Observer

SE kaput?

22 Dec 2021 16:33

Keep always in mind that waiting is the easy part, the difficult one been programing
No problem. Just open the code and then thousands of people will help programming it. Instead we seem to have a closed project of no active developer and "wait or go away, pig" position. I don't like it.

As for constructive critics - I tried to give it and wrote a PM to developer why giant-terra-giant-terra sequence can not exist. And I found myself completely ignored.
How many of those thousands of people actually know anything about coding, or are competent with what they're doing? If I were in Vladimir's position, I would defend my code too, he is under no obligation to give you or anyone else the source code. You've never been in a position to just give out your code like that, how can you even give an opinion on it?
Now, this doesn't mean open source isn't bad, but for a project like this, you just got to be patient. It's either rushed and ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ or you'll wait and get what you want, a finished project.
Oh and one more. You say these people have no obligations. Actually they have. The game was sold for money, right? And it was called open beta which means that developer promises to finish it and takes those obligations. Don't you find it fair?
...And that's the plan, there have been times back then when you had to wait years for updates, now they come out a frequent pace that is much faster than you could've ever wished for. Be patient, Vladimir is working on the most realistic space simulator possible as a singular person, it'll take time.
That's all.

Arigato
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

SE kaput?

22 Dec 2021 18:44

How many of those thousands of people actually know anything about coding, or are competent with what they're doing?
Only Vladimir is the only man in the world who knows coding. Nobody in the world can do that of course.
I would defend my code too
And you would have a narcisstic dead project too.
You've never been in a position to just give out your code like that
Why you god dang so sure?!
a frequent pace that is much faster than you could've ever wished for
Lol

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

SE kaput?

23 Dec 2021 02:17

Do we now have the last version?
No, development continues much as it has for years, and that pace is often irregular. I'm sorry updates aren't as often or regular as you might want, but not all work on the project involves something to show in a blog article. If development actually were to stop, for whatever reason, users will be informed.

I'd really like for George R. R. Martin to finish A Song of Ice and Fire, and fans have been waiting many years beyond the originally intended completion date. But I'm not emailing the author all the time or posting on the internet asking if the story is dead. "Why not share the rights with another writer to help complete the story?" Well, I don't want another writer to help complete the story. And my buying all the books in the series to date, part of an implied whole with a resolution, still doesn't mean he is obligated to actually finish it. It'd just be nice if he does.
You were not completely ignored. Your PM to the developer was answered, as you yourself revealed. You then made a thread about it (which was also answered).

It might go a long way toward getting better engagement from the community to offer more constructive feedback than complaints, false assertions, and arguments when people do reply to you.