Ultimate space simulation software

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Re: Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.990

27 May 2023 10:37

Hello everybody.
My Space Engine won't start, what's crazy is that one week ago it was very well functioning.
Today I tried to open it but it freezes on the loading screen. The se.log shows that it abruptly stops when he's trying to load the SDL library, in fact the last log he shows is the sentence "INITIALIZING SDL".
Try and check for errors in the local SE installation with the Steam client: from Steam Library, right-click on SpaceEngine > Properties > Local files > verify integrity of game files 
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Unstoppabull
Observer
Observer

28 May 2023 01:42

Hello. I was quite surprised when I saw Finland in the updated version of CE. Are you sure everything is correct here? Of course, there are many lakes and swamps, but in your case it looks like a sieve. Are you sure you checked everything?
Attachments
scr00001.jpg

Unstoppabull
Observer
Observer

28 May 2023 01:44

Also I wanna say that clouds look very strange to me. On this is screen it it not land, these are clouds. Looks awful actually.
And the second screen is landing on gas planet, there is literally floor falling off.
Attachments
scr00003.jpg
scr00006.jpg

Unstoppabull
Observer
Observer

28 May 2023 01:46

And on Earth water behaves the strangest way. In order to fit into the shores, not the entire reservoir rises to the required boundaries, but only its edges.
And in general, when landing in water bodies, everything looks very strange - in shallow water, the textures are mixed into a salad.
Attachments
scr00000.jpg
scr00002.jpg

Unstoppabull
Observer
Observer

28 May 2023 01:49

And once more about Finland. Swamps and lakes take part of 9% of country. But in SE * it looks like 50%

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

28 May 2023 18:23

And once more about Finland. Swamps and lakes take part of 9% of country. But in SE * it looks like 50%
Developers are perfectly aware that in those cases, new fixes for water give results that are less than ideal. After all, missing or wrong features in that region, and in countless other places as well, are very apparent. But they solve other issues, and from high orbit now shores in general look more similar than before to real images.
Different ways to outline water, lakes and rivers included, will be applied in future, allowing even better results.
Also I wanna say that clouds look very strange to me. On this is screen it it not land, these are clouds. Looks awful actually.
And the second screen is landing on gas planet, there is literally floor falling off.
Having some planets completely covered by thick cloud layers is factually correct, even if they don't seem much realistic now. Same for gas giants, those are limitations of the current engine, like current water features they will be changed eventually with better approximations of natural phenomena.
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Gregcho
Observer
Observer

28 May 2023 19:06

[font=noto, notojp, notokr, Helvetica, Microsoft YaHei, Apple SD Gothic Neo, Malgun Gothic, 맑은 고딕, Dotum, 돋움, sans-serif]Hello, I want to go into the black hole But when you go in, only the white screen comes out and comes out on the other side. How can I solve this?   https://youtu.be/96zuBaf4JZo[/font]

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

29 May 2023 04:39

[font=noto, notojp, notokr, Helvetica, Microsoft YaHei, Apple SD Gothic Neo, Malgun Gothic, 맑은 고딕, Dotum, 돋움, sans-serif]Hello, I want to go into the black hole But when you go in, only the white screen comes out and comes out on the other side. How can I solve this?   https://youtu.be/96zuBaf4JZo[/font]
Before the General Relativity update, The camera could reach the "blackness" of a black hole and see the light shrinking behind it until the event horizon was reached, because was not affected by simpler black holes geodesics. Now the camera see what an actual observer falling towards the black hole could see, and it's an intended effect of the current actual phisical simulation, not a bug. Unfortunately it was not possible to keep both simulations at the same time.

SIR
Observer
Observer

31 May 2023 10:16

I have deleted the main confg file but nothing changes. I think there is a problem in data folder and I think some files are damaged. If anyone can tell me the solution then I shall be Very thankful to him her.Please do not mind my English is very weak. I'm having problem that my space engine start and work properly but there is no hud and main menu showing in game can any one tell me what is the solution of problem I have tries all type of solution

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

31 May 2023 15:02

I have deleted the main confg file but nothing changes. I think there is a problem in data folder and I think some files are damaged. If anyone can tell me the solution then I shall be Very thankful to him her.Please do not mind my English is very weak. I'm having problem that my space engine start and work properly but there is no hud and main menu showing in game can any one tell me what is the solution of problem I have tries all type of solution
By looking at your se.log file, placed in your spaceengine system folder, it could be possible to have more clues about your issue. But if you want to exclude some possible file corruption, check local files consistency using your Steam client.
From Steam Library, right-click on SpaceEngine > Properties > Local files > verify integrity of game files

SIR
Observer
Observer

01 Jun 2023 12:02

Brother I have  amd radeon hd 6670 gpu and I think there is problem in loading Graphics

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

01 Jun 2023 14:52

Brother I have  amd radeon hd 6670 gpu and I think there is problem in loading Graphics
I'm afraid Radeon HD 6670 is way below minimum specifications for the program if what I see around regarding its specs is true. Please attach your se.log from the SpaceEngine \system folder.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

01 Jun 2023 19:03

Hey I'm having major problems with SE after the update.  It wont load at all because it says I need to have the Steam client running in order to play it?  But I get that same error message whether I try to run SE from the desktop or from the Steam Client itself-- what's going on?

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

02 Jun 2023 01:33

Here's a screenshot-- I tried everything and nothing works, I tried to verify integrity of the files and that was fine and I also reinstalled the steam client and I keep getting this error when I try to run the game.

You can even see the Steam client running here and somehow this error still keeps popping up.
steaming.jpg

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

02 Jun 2023 01:38

https://www.guidingtech.com/how-to-fix- ... indows-11/

I don't have Windows 11 but I still used this to troubleshoot and none of these got rid of that error.