Ultimate space simulation software

NathanKerbonaut
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Dreams you've had

14 Aug 2018 19:39

Last night I had a dream I suddenly found myself two months in the future from today, and the first thing I did was check if 0990 was released yet, nice
I like cute pokemon and space games.
My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=173
Profile pic source: https://goo.gl/JdZX5v

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Dreams you've had

14 Aug 2018 19:42

I had that dream too  :P. I guess that means we're cult-followers of SE.
Futurum Fusionem

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Dreams you've had

15 Aug 2018 00:49

Last night I had a dream I suddenly found myself two months in the future from today, and the first thing I did was check if 0990 was released yet, nice
And, was it?
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

NathanKerbonaut
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Dreams you've had

15 Aug 2018 06:13

And, was it?
No :( I remember looking at the news page and seeing three new dev posts, one at the end of August and two near the end of September. One of them was Vlad asking for community feedback on the appearance of nebulae or something. I wonder if these visions will come true...  :P
I like cute pokemon and space games.
My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=173
Profile pic source: https://goo.gl/JdZX5v

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Dreams you've had

15 Aug 2018 20:29

And, was it?
No :( I remember looking at the news page and seeing three new dev posts, one at the end of August and two near the end of September. One of them was Vlad asking for community feedback on the appearance of nebulae or something. I wonder if these visions will come true...  :P
Soooo... not even in your dreams does 0.9.9.0 come out? Your dreams must dislike you :P Rough mind bruh.
Futurum Fusionem

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

Dreams you've had

18 Aug 2018 23:37

And, was it?
Soooo... not even in your dreams does 0.9.9.0 come out? Your dreams must dislike you :P Rough mind bruh.
Sadly he's not alone in that. My dreams refuse to let me to fly properly. I can never get above the powerlines and tree lines no matter how many times I try in no matter how many dreams. It sucks :(
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Dreams you've had

19 Aug 2018 14:30

Sadly he's not alone in that. My dreams refuse to let me to fly properly. I can never get above the powerlines and tree lines no matter how many times I try in no matter how many dreams. It sucks :(
Whoaaa - me too! I thought it was just me restraining myself subconsciously. There must be a psychological aspect to this, because all I can do is hover a bit, maybe on a lucky night go and fly at about fifty feet up.

Apparently practicing 'vivid' dreaming can help with this, a way to do this is to keep a dream journal. It sounds cliche, but you are just training your mind to remember your dreams. That allows you to recognize when one is happening with greater alacrity, making it easier to 'control' what you do.  
Futurum Fusionem

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

Dreams you've had

19 Aug 2018 21:59

My dreams refuse to let me to fly properly. I can never get above the powerlines and tree lines no matter how many times I try in no matter how many dreams. It sucks
This is also very common for me in lucid dreams when I try to fly.  For me flying or hovering through the air low to the ground or up to about tree-top height is quite easy, but when going above that the brain likes making obstacles, even if they're totally irrational (I once had a bajillion power lines inexplicably strung in my way so I had to dodge around and through them).  Sometimes it throws other obstacles, like having the dream simply fade out if I rise up too far.

One of the best ways I've found for changing the dream scenery, or for avoiding having the dream fade, is to spin around.  The sensation of spinning helps act as an anchor.  Or if you spin and focus your intent on being in a new place when you stop, then often you will be, sort of like teleportation.  It's worth experimenting with. :)

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Dreams you've had

20 Aug 2018 13:17

One of the best ways I've found for changing the dream scenery, or for avoiding having the dream fade, is to spin around.  The sensation of spinning helps act as an anchor.  Or if you spin and focus your intent on being in a new place when you stop, then often you will be, sort of like teleportation.  It's worth experimenting with. :)
Interesting! I will try that out next time I have enough lucidity to realize I'm dreaming ;).
Futurum Fusionem

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

Dreams you've had

23 Aug 2018 02:15

My dreams refuse to let me to fly properly. I can never get above the powerlines and tree lines no matter how many times I try in no matter how many dreams. It sucks
This is also very common for me in lucid dreams when I try to fly.  For me flying or hovering through the air low to the ground or up to about tree-top height is quite easy, but when going above that the brain likes making obstacles, even if they're totally irrational (I once had a bajillion power lines inexplicably strung in my way so I had to dodge around and through them).  Sometimes it throws other obstacles, like having the dream simply fade out if I rise up too far.

I get that as well, endless power lines, endless trees, rising terrain. The most depressing obstacles are those "room-ception" dreams. Fly out that window, yay, free-- aww bigger room. Fly out that room, yay-- nope. Fly out *that* room, ad infinitum.

I think in my case it stems from my feeling utterly, hopelessy trapped, not just in life but also on a planet with a suicidal (so to speak) civilization inside a harsh, unforgiving universe that most certainly enjoys punishing FTL travelers by making them come home to thousand-year old graves of their own parents... And so forth ;_;
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Dreams you've had

23 Aug 2018 16:25

I get that as well, endless power lines, endless trees, rising terrain. The most depressing obstacles are those "room-ception" dreams. Fly out that window, yay, free-- aww bigger room. Fly out that room, yay-- nope. Fly out *that* room, ad infinitum.
Or how about when you've finally broken free of all that, having an honest-to-god lucid dream, and think "lets go over that mountain and explore", and then when you get their, your brain is just too lazy to come up with anything, so the landscapes are all the same. Makes you want to just wake up again.

However, I noticed that in real life, whenever I do something out of my comfort zone, my dreams are a lot more interesting and free.
Futurum Fusionem

An'shur
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Dreams you've had

15 Sep 2018 08:14

I had one interesting dream today in the morning.

I was on Mars leading an anti-Earth rebellion. I recall commanding one of my underlings to close every spaceport to ships inbound from Earth. My command base was a large pyramid-like structure armed to the teeth. The air was breathable, but rusty orange in color as everything else, the terrain, hills, rocks.. Not much of a vacation retreat really. It was a barren desert.

Then I was on board a train going westwards across the northern cliffs of Valles Marineris.

My recollection of further events is hazy, but I remember being in a house with some people. I also realized that I was dreaming, which took some simple thinking, but I do not remember how I gained lucidity and the thought process that "woke" me. (Lost lucidity a few seconds later anyway, as it always happens to me sadly). I got out of the building and stood at the edge of Valles Marineris. I was not lucid anymore at that point, but it was a sight to behold. I must have been very far west, close to Noctis Labyrinthus, looking over Ius Chasma. Wow! Then I woke up.

At some point in the dream I guesstimated how long would it take to cross the canyon system on foot. I found out it would take me close to one year. I was intrigued by this idea so I've just now calculated it. Four thousand kilometers divided by 365 days - 10.96 kilometers per day. The in-head calculation from the dream actually makes sense! Double wow! (Although I am used to walking twice as much, but that's beside the point.)

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

Dreams you've had

15 Sep 2018 23:17

The wonders of lucidity...
Futurum Fusionem

BernEsports
Observer
Observer

Re: Dreams you've had

04 Dec 2022 11:15

I dont think this is strange or funny dream, but someone really think so when they heard that. I just want to change this world in positive side. This is my biggest dream

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Re: Dreams you've had

08 Dec 2022 07:35

Yes I have these dreams quite frequently!  It's like hopping on the moon, you take a leap and you go pretty far, and stay just above the surface, never quite touching it!  I wonder what causes these types of dreams to happen?  I also keep a dream diary and sometimes I have pages and pages for just one night, I have dreamed up to 30 times in a night and sometimes even read entire books in my dreams (and wake up with a huge headache as if I was actually reading a book!)

One of my most vivid lucid dreams was one where I was orbiting halfway between the earth and the moon and I could see the earth slowly spinning with all the city lights visible on the night side and then I turned to the moon to see it.

I've been known to wake up from my dreams and if I want to, make myself fall asleep and re-enter them.

The precognitive dreams are the most interesting of all, a couple of times I have woken up (in a dream) at a certain time and then wake up at the exact same time in reality.  One notable time, I woke up at 9:31 am in my dream and looked at the cable clock and turned on the TV and as soon as the TV turned on the channel showed on the clock and then the time came back on and it was 9:32.  Then when I actually woke up I quickly glanced at the clock and it was 9:31!  I felt an intense sense of dejavu and turned the TV on and kept looking at the clock and as soon as the channel number went away the time showed again and it had changed to 9:32!

Another one was that my dad would get sick and that he would be admitted to the hospital and he would be put in room number 232.  It turns out that did happen the next day and the room he was put in was 2032.  I was off by the 0!  But that made sense because there are over 99 rooms on each floor of that hospital so in reality he was in the 32nd room on the 2nd floor which is why the 232 was right, the 0 was just a placeholder for the fact that there are over 99 rooms on each floor!

Recent research has shown that consciousness is linked to quantum entanglement, I wonder if that is at play here?  Since temporal entanglement is also part of quantum entanglement?

https://bigthink.com/hard-science/brain ... anglement/

Brain experiment suggests that consciousness relies on quantum entanglement

Maybe this is the real reason that the brain resembles the structure of the universe so much-- isn't the universe a giant cosmic quantum computer and in its early stages when it was tiny quantum processes forged its eventual structure?

https://nautil.us/the-strange-similarit ... ks-236709/