Ultimate space simulation software

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

Dreams you've had

23 Feb 2017 07:50

I had a nightmare a long time ago (i was somewhere around 7 years old) happening in my mom's parents house about Saggaritus A (much smaller than in reality, probably as large as let's say, Saturn) was hitting Earth and was made of some "black hole liquid" that absorbed every human it touched but not houses (dream logic), the dream also contained some animated (i think) humans from a poster or commercial i remember as being made by Nokia (i don't remember a lot about the dream) that couldn't communicate with humans and all of them in my dream got absorbed into Saggaritus A. At the time i was just as interested in astronomy as i am today, and was just as scared by black holes as i am today, probably even more so, so it was a very terrifying dream to me.

Another very strange dream i for some odd reason remember was me and my classmates outdoors, in a maybe 6x6 meters wide square concrete outdoors space with showerheads, surrounded by bushes, and if you use i remember as either 100 or 1000 liters of water in the shower you could transform into an animal, and for some odd reason this created a maybe 2-5 cm layer of water in the outdoor space (some of it for some reason didn't flow away). I remember that i transformed at least two times, the first time i transformed in the dream i transformed into some sort of bird, i don't remember any others, and the last one was to what i think was a moray, but  the transformation didn't work (i don't remember how or why)

But i don't remember very many of my dreams.
I dreamt about having a social life.
Me too :roll:

Yesterday I had a very weird dream. I've dreamed about being a young girl in an old stadium (apparently in Roman empire age) and I had a weird tea that, every time you drink it, shows you in the sky an old philosopher that talks you about supernovae, and you actually see the supernovae and all the effects related to it. After a while I meet a friend (another girl) and I wanted to give her some of this tea, but she didn't want to, as soon as she decide to drink it the parents of both appears and takes us away.I mean... what?!
Dream logic.
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

Dreams you've had

24 Feb 2017 00:55

and I had a weird tea that, every time you drink it, shows you in the sky an old philosopher that talks you about supernovae, and you actually see the supernovae and all the effects related to it.
I would like some of this tea.

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

Dreams you've had

05 Mar 2017 13:03

I recently had a dream that was very scary to me for some odd reason, it consisted of a king building a throne, then the next king built more, and at some point, probably the 4th king or something like that the throne breaks, forcing the king which throne collapsed to start over, cycle continued 3-4 times until i woke up. I have literally no idea why that was scary to me.

Mudkip909
Observer
Observer

Dreams you've had

01 Apr 2017 17:50

I had a dream one and I was in a cave, and I found a fedex box. I opened it, and I had a million cats jumping out of the box. :?:

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

Dreams you've had

01 Apr 2017 19:05

I recently had a dream that was very scary to me for some odd reason, it consisted of a king building a throne, then the next king built more, and at some point, probably the 4th king or something like that the throne breaks, forcing the king which throne collapsed to start over, cycle continued 3-4 times until i woke up. I have literally no idea why that was scary to me.
*Game of Thrones theme music starts playing*

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

Dreams you've had

02 Apr 2017 01:11

I had a dream one and I was in a cave, and I found a fedex box. I opened it, and I had a million cats jumping out of the box.
Dreams are weird.

Insanity
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Dreams you've had

02 Apr 2017 22:20

I've actually had Dream-Ception before. (If you don't know what that is, it's basically you dreaming in your dream.) When you wake up, you actually think you're still dreaming sometimes.

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

Dreams you've had

03 Apr 2017 01:18

What are also fun are false awakenings, where you think you've woken up from the dream but in are in fact still dreaming. :)

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Dreams you've had

03 Apr 2017 01:46

Cue the what if I am still dreaming existential crisis posts
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

Dreams you've had

03 Apr 2017 08:10

I had a dream one and I was in a cave, and I found a fedex box. I opened it, and I had a million cats jumping out of the box. :?:
I had a similar dream a few weeks ago, LoL
Anyway, I have false awakens quite often. Mainly when I sleep more than usual.
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

Banana
Astronaut
Astronaut

Dreams you've had

22 May 2017 19:22

I had a fantastic dream about a cookbook detailing all kinds of ways to prepare eggs. I woke up excited, ready to try out some of the recipes, only to realize that the few I remembered left something to be desired. Raw eggs with ketchup don't sound appealing at all when you are awake.
Bananas are eggcellent.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Dreams you've had

25 May 2017 00:00

Based on the following I have come to the conclusion that some (limited) precognition could actually be real.

http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=242

Two personal data points over a three year period isn't much to go by admittedly, but I was startled by the accuracy.

Scientifically, I know there are quantum theories of mind out there, as well as the idea of superdeterminism- that perhaps certain events are destined to happen.  I like to think of time as a landscape, the past, present and future all coexisting and us journeying through that timescape.  Perhaps those dreams I had were able to see a bit further ahead than the rest of me- I'm not sure.  At the very least I am glad that there are still things out there that can amaze and confound us all at the same time.

Banana
Astronaut
Astronaut

Dreams you've had

25 May 2017 17:12

Based on the following I have come to the conclusion that some (limited) precognition could actually be real.
Perhaps precognition has its roots in biological evolution. If a person were able to see and avert events in the future, they would presumable have a better chance of survival than their counterparts. Perhaps the "mutation" giving humans this ability is so uncommon and so rarely activated that it isn't very prevalent in our lives today. We know out biological components can evolve. Why can't the more basic structures do so as well? I doubt atoms as we know them can "mutate" in this way, but perhaps it is possible in the quantum world.
Bananas are eggcellent.

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

Dreams you've had

25 May 2017 20:59

I doubt atoms as we know them can "mutate" in this way, but perhaps it is possible in the quantum world.
Nay.  Quantum mechanically, particles are indistinguishable, and their properties are tied to constants of nature.  If they 'mutate' then this would be evident by changes in energy levels, bonding behavior, and spectra.  It's actually a very good thing that they don't evolve or else it would screw up the universe pretty badly. :)

Biological systems can evolve because what evolves is the information carried in their genes, which is a property of how a very large number of particles are arranged, and not a property of the particles themselves.  It's like how water is wet, but a single molecule of water is not wet.  Wetness is an emergent property that arises when you get a lot of them together.

The Potato
Astronaut
Astronaut

Dreams you've had

10 Jun 2017 11:49

after eating for a while the teacher calls out "Death time!"
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ Perfect! 
"The bourgeoisie has stripped of its halo every occupation hitherto honoured and looked up to with reverent awe. It has converted the physician, the lawyer, the priest, the poet, the man of science, into its paid wage labourers."