Ultimate space simulation software

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

SE Atmospheres 2.0, corrections, music (mods by Helleformer)

09 Feb 2017 00:07

Hey, so I saw a post was reported here regarding what was taken to be a disrespectful statement.  I don't think there's any need for moderator intervention, but I do just want to drop in to say please think about what you say and how people might take it.  You all know how to be nice to each other. :)  

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

09 Feb 2017 00:38

5 ugly atmosphere are uncompatible to my intel, I wish someone can repair for back to normal instead of souffer like that. That why I said it's look like "uncompatible" for my stupid intel. but YOU, work fine but I prefer to add those new atmosphere without the stupid perma glitch or perma bug  ^^
Well heres an advice. get a desktop PC with a real GPU.
So they've completely stopped manufacturing laptops with dedicated GPU's now? That sucks. :/
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

09 Feb 2017 03:07

Hey, so I saw a post was reported here regarding what was taken to be a disrespectful statement.  I don't think there's any need for moderator intervention,
I cleared page 2 of all comments but left the first page of comments as it had less bickering.  Thread should be fine now so long as everyone stays on topic
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

09 Feb 2017 07:42

In a new version there gonna be a full Pluto map and newer versions for some satellites.
Last edited by Pluton on 13 Mar 2017 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

Roswell
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

09 Feb 2017 16:14

wow nice I wish to get the full pluto map. ^^

MrZoolook
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

17 Feb 2017 21:25

And I'd be careful regarding distribution of copyrighted material without proper rights to do so.
We can never do ANYTHING if we think of these things! Copyright is the enemy of rationality, it says everybody can create stuff and then put them into table box cause nobody can ever see it.
Um... that's a nice fluffy way of thinking and all, but I'm pretty sure most countries stick to roughly the same set of laws regarding copyright. If you are not licensed (or in some other way permitted expressly to distribute it), the copyright holder/publisher/owner of the works you distribute are entitled to some form of financial recouperation from you.
M/B: F1A55-MLE // CPU: AMD A8-3870 (o/c) // RAM: 2x4gb // GPU: Radeon R7-240 2gb

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

18 Feb 2017 01:31

...yeah.  I have personally created many original works under copyright.  They have been uploaded on the internet, and you can see them, download them, and are even free to use them for noncommercial purposes.  What you can't do is claim that you made them yourself and try to sell them.  

What Pluton thinks copyright does is actually closer to what a patent license is for, except even that isn't really correct either.  (You can also view patents).

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

18 Feb 2017 07:09

I wrote and published a book, it is free. I make graphic mods, they are free. I created some 3d stuff, they are also free. I drew memes and guess what? I give everything away for people and get no a single cent for this.
You don't want to share things? Then collect them in your table box and never show them. This is internet and everything is free here, like it or not. Copyright will never work cause it's crippled, you just have to accept it and move on.

MrZoolook
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

18 Feb 2017 19:57

Well, if you want to give your creations away, that's fine, release them under the appropriate copyright licence.

Consider if a music artist records a song, lets say on CD only just so they can't be accused of putting it on the internet. What if somebody makes an mp3 of that song, and puts it on the internet. Now we have a situation where the person who has the right to put it on the internet DIDN'T put it there, but according to your "everything is free on the internet" model, everyone is now legally able to have a copy for free.

You don't think content creators should be allowed to try and get money in return in these circumstances? If not, this would imply that you think that anyone, creating any kind of content... film, music, software... should never be paid for their efforts, as the second they release it, since it becomes inevitable that it will be released electronically over the internet in pirated form.

You don't think this might make people less likely to want to create original content?

Sorry, but I think you're kidding yourself.
M/B: F1A55-MLE // CPU: AMD A8-3870 (o/c) // RAM: 2x4gb // GPU: Radeon R7-240 2gb

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

18 Feb 2017 23:53

I wrote and published a book, it is free. I make graphic mods, they are free. I created some 3d stuff, they are also free. I drew memes and guess what? I give everything away for people and get no a single cent for this.
That's great, and precisely what Creative Commons or Public Domain are for. :)  I release some of my work under those licenses too -- work for which I don't want limitations for what people can do with it or how they redistribute it.  Creative Commons is actually a form of Copyright with a few less protections to the author.

I use plain old Copyright for some of my other work (like photographs which I happen to print, frame, and sell) precisely so that I can freely share it online and be protected from certain forms of redistribution.  If I wanted to hide it in a box I wouldn't have created it in the first place. ;)  Same concept applies to Space Engine!  It is Copyright, and it is also free. You must not misunderstand what Copyright means, or why people use it.

If you would have everything on the internet automatically be free from all protections whatsoever, I think you'd discover the internet a more barren place.  I would have to find a different venue with which to follow some of my favorite professional photographers and musicians, for instance.

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

SE Atmospheres 2.0 + Solar System Improved, music

13 Mar 2017 22:45

The last version of main mod is released.
Textures of all 4 gas giants, Venus and a number of satellites are improved.
Earth texture improved, no more jpeg-artifacts.
HD textures of Pluto, Charon and Sedna (by Kexitt) and Ceres (by RVS).
I have devoted 2 months to creation of this mod, and now the work is most likely finished, I have created and corrected everything that was planned and even more. The new version will come only if new high-quality maps appear.

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

14 Mar 2017 06:42

Pluton, very nice, I started the Venus lightmap but its going to take a while to finish.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

14 Mar 2017 07:31

Good news.

Roswell
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

30 Mar 2017 01:09

This the great news :D

SCU
Observer
Observer

31 Mar 2017 06:15

Hello everyone, it's my first post here.. I'm pretty new to all this space stuff. So I have downloaded this atmosphere mod and my question is: does it in any way conflict with the official mods? (The solar system HD/Ultra). Also how can I post a new thread?
Thanks.
SE Atmospheres 2.0 + Solar System Improved
(update 20 Mar 2017)
Press the name to start download
Place files in the SpaceEngine folder, with replacing
Two mods are combined in one. Why? Because of Solar system - in it one without another will work incorrectly.
The first part improves the available atmospheres and adds 11 new. The second part improves a set of planets and satellites of our system.