Ultimate space simulation software

SuperMarioFan126
Astronaut
Astronaut

Star Wars addons

14 May 2019 23:42

I noticed the same thing when I visited Bop and Gilly in the Kerbal Space Program mod!
We always need to add more boosters.

Julian
Explorer
Explorer

Star Wars addons

28 Jun 2019 14:07

Should we make separate versions of the Star Wars galaxy addon for 0.980 and 0.990, or should we try to make one addon compatible with both versions? The first thing that needs to be done to ensure 0.990 compatibility is to remake the cubemap textures for Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa so that they use 256-pixel tiles instead of 130:

But the more troublesome part of the job is the line in the infobox that says "Real object". In order to replace it with "Object from franchise 'Star Wars'", the addon will need a new locale\eng-db.cfg file containing entries in this format:
PObject
{
    LocName   "Coruscant"
    Name      "Coruscant"
    Parent    "Coruscant Prime"
    Franchise "Star Wars"
}
So somebody will have to write a program that extracts the name and parent of every galaxy, cluster, nebula, star, planet, moon, dwarf planet, dwarf moon, asteroid and comet in all of the Star Wars catalogs, and creates PObject entries in eng-db.cfg for all of them.

kosmitek
Observer
Observer

Star Wars addons

31 Mar 2020 04:48

Is there a working planetary systems add-on from Star Wars for SE version 0.99? Or any other from SF movie? Ok, its ONE great Star Trek addon and Avatar Pandora system, I got it.
Last edited by kosmitek on 31 Mar 2020 08:42, edited 3 times in total.

miniluv73
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Star Wars addons

31 Mar 2020 05:49

I found a catalog error with this addon - In the Solar System, there is a small asteroid called (3752) Camillo, and it has 3 major moons orbiting it, and the planet Camillo (of the Dantooine System) has no moons at all.
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here."
Arthur C. Clarke, 1996

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

Star Wars addons

01 Apr 2020 06:54

Should we make separate versions of the Star Wars galaxy addon for 0.980 and 0.990, or should we try to make one addon compatible with both versions? The first thing that needs to be done to ensure 0.990 compatibility is to remake the cubemap textures for Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa so that they use 256-pixel tiles instead of 130:

But the more troublesome part of the job is the line in the infobox that says "Real object". In order to replace it with "Object from franchise 'Star Wars'", the addon will need a new locale\eng-db.cfg file containing entries in this format:
PObject
{
    LocName   "Coruscant"
    Name      "Coruscant"
    Parent    "Coruscant Prime"
    Franchise "Star Wars"
}
So somebody will have to write a program that extracts the name and parent of every galaxy, cluster, nebula, star, planet, moon, dwarf planet, dwarf moon, asteroid and comet in all of the Star Wars catalogs, and creates PObject entries in eng-db.cfg for all of them.
Very sorry for a late reply.
I think we can update the version 0.980 to 0.990 but for compatibility with 0.980 users, we need to edit all Tile in script to 256. But someone put the addons on the workshop so maybe is update texture.

PS : I made a backup of the repository.
► Information

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Star Wars addons

11 Apr 2020 16:00

Does anyone have the original textures for Coruscant, Mustafar and Nar Shaddaa? (Not the cubemaps.)
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

Star Wars addons

12 Apr 2020 04:18

Does anyone have the original textures for Coruscant, Mustafar and Nar Shaddaa? (Not the cubemaps.)
Yes, I have original textures, I update the GitHub with updated the textures but original textures are here.
Do you want I add you to contributor of the GitHub project ?
► Information

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Star Wars addons

12 Apr 2020 08:40

Do you want I add you to contributor of the GitHub project ?
Not now.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

Star Wars addons

13 Apr 2020 04:50

I made it in Python (see here).
I found a catalog error with this addon - In the Solar System, there is a small asteroid called (3752) Camillo, and it has 3 major moons orbiting it, and the planet Camillo (of the Dantooine System) has no moons at all.
Fixed.
► Information

Julian
Explorer
Explorer

Star Wars addons

08 Jun 2020 00:21

I updated the GitHub repository with side textures for the galaxies, but I don't know how to make the dust clouds less dense.

The next thing that needs to be done in order for the Star Wars addon to be fully compatible with 0.990 is to create a .cfg file in textures\terrain\samples for every planet with custom terrain colors.

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

Star Wars addons

13 Jun 2020 07:10

I updated the GitHub repository with side textures for the galaxies, but I don't know how to make the dust clouds less dense.
Ok. But I don't know also for the dust. I think is a question of RGB channel.
The next thing that needs to be done in order for the Star Wars addon to be fully compatible with 0.990 is to create a .cfg file in textures\terrain\samples for every planet with custom terrain colors.
I'm sad is obsolete, I don't know if a future update of SE made compatible this. I think is more difficult with the previous script I made because I think is depend to the class of the planet/moon and also to convert to "terrain color samples". Any help is welcome.
► Information

Julian
Explorer
Explorer

Star Wars addons

14 Jun 2020 00:11

I think is more difficult with the previous script I made because I think is depend to the class of the planet/moon and also to convert to "terrain color samples". Any help is welcome.
I'm not sure that the terrain samples can be generated automatically. Should we create a separate fork in GitHub for the 0.980 version of the addon and work on 0.990 compatibility in the main fork?

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

Star Wars addons

23 Jun 2020 06:23

I think is more difficult with the previous script I made because I think is depend to the class of the planet/moon and also to convert to "terrain color samples". Any help is welcome.
I'm not sure that the terrain samples can be generated automatically. Should we create a separate fork in GitHub for the 0.980 version of the addon and work on 0.990 compatibility in the main fork?
I already made a backup here so don't edit this, is for 0.980 mainly.
For the terrain samples, I see there are many terrain samples to made (~700) but I think you are maybe right because is very different. Or maybe there are a default file for Terra, Aquaria/Ocean/IceWorld, GasGiant and after, change just the Color line.
For the moment, I made a pause on modding but I could try later but no problem for asking some to find a idea (maybe JackDole ?).
► Information

miniluv73
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Star Wars addons

01 Jan 2022 13:20

I noticed Exegol doesn't exist in the pack yet, so I made this.
StarWars_UnknownRegions_ExegolSystem.sc
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Place this in addons/catalogs/planets.
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here."
Arthur C. Clarke, 1996

jjliang
Astronaut
Astronaut

Star Wars addons

02 Jan 2022 07:40

Why was the Star Wars massive addon pack removed from Steam?