Ultimate space simulation software

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

SpaceEngine F.A.Q.

21 Nov 2021 01:18

... we should ALWAYS use vertical FOV since that represents the sharpest cut off...
That again depends on the orientation of your picture, sensor, or display.  I frequently use my computer's main monitor in portrait mode. (When I first started with S.E, I would always run it in portrait mode.) If you take a picture in portrait mode, you would want that FoV value for the horizontal axis.

But I know what you mean — FoV should always be the smallest axis. (I believe S.E. always used the vertical axis, even when in portrait mode.)
Oh good point, I actually used to use portrait mode too when I had a single display but since I've been using dual displays it seems a bit more difficult to do lol

KarmaSteins
Observer
Observer

Re: SpaceEngine F.A.Q.

13 Jan 2023 03:44

Sorry for the poor English.
How far can we go beyond the cube of galaxies? Is there a boundary of the black void space in space engine 0.990? What will happen when we reach the boundary?
You aim in one direction, you keep flying, you get out of the cube with the stars, you keep going out into the void with no stars, and you keep getting farther away from your starting point. So can the space engine go all the way, all the way to infinity? I know the galaxies distribute in a Cube. I wonder the space outisde the Cube is infinity or not?

EventHorizonFr
Observer
Observer

27 Jan 2023 02:18

Hi,

Anyone knows if it's possible to unistall an update ? I would like to uninstall general relativity because I don't like the new rendering of accretion disks (and it tends to crash my machine sometimes).

Possible or not ?

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

05 Feb 2023 07:11

Hi,

Anyone knows if it's possible to unistall an update ? I would like to uninstall general relativity because I don't like the new rendering of accretion disks (and it tends to crash my machine sometimes).

Possible or not ?
Right click > betas > select an older version
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]