Ultimate space simulation software

Tasty Brown
Observer
Observer

Re: Astrobiology in Space Engine

08 Jul 2022 16:19

Is there a way to add a custom biology type for space engine 0.980? I'd like to create a custom biology setting of synthetic life, to give my planet nanomachine custodians or something like that. So far I've only been using the exotic life category to represent them. 

Jimbo Jambo
Observer
Observer

13 Jul 2022 12:09

Yes, very cool job. We will work on vegetation at some point eventually, probably in 2023, after doing some other important work.
Oh! I saw rocks and plants on the TODO thread, but it's exciting to hear that they might be worked on soon.
Thank you for continuing to work on this project after all these years. You have something really amazing here.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

16 Jul 2022 05:36

I've spent the last few weeks working on a new procedural tree generator. Same six parameters as before: age, surface gravity, apparent solar luminosity, moisture, solar spectrum/peak wavelength, and average global temperature. They interact to affect the shape, size and color of the trees, as well as the effective age/evolutionary progress of the biosphere.

Planets with a low effective age are covered in moss/algae. A high effective age yields trees. There's an "age of ferns" in a sweet-spot between them, just after the evolution of vascular plants but before woody tissue, where clumps of fungus of varying shapes (eight modeled, all very simple) also grow.

Here is an Earth-like planet.
► Show Spoiler

6x gravity. Stout trees.
► Show Spoiler

This tiny planet's trees are stupid tall (as opposed to dummy thicc).
► Show Spoiler

Old, cold, covered in mold.
► Show Spoiler

Wear sunglasses. 
► Show Spoiler

Fern planet.
► Show Spoiler

Pizza planet.
► Show Spoiler

There are improvements that can be made, particularly with moss and ferngus generation, variety of leaf shapes, branch shape/distribution, but, again, this is just a proof of concept. More importantly, this brings my post count to 10, so I now have the permissions to edit my earlier post that got scrambled.
Nice, when can we expect this to be a Steam add-on?

I was working with another tree generator but unfortunately it has bugs (it only works with the flight generator and sometimes the trees fly off into space!)

Lujo
Astronaut
Astronaut

15 Oct 2022 09:07

I agree with Vladimir. Cast shadows is a must have feature for vegetation. Without them plants wouldn't look realistic.

Davide
Observer
Observer

17 Oct 2022 06:13

When there will be a next update relating on alien life?

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

17 Oct 2022 07:13

When there will be a next update relating on alien life?
If there will be any will far very far in the future, not before next year for sure  :smile:
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

Alvvos
Observer
Observer

23 Jan 2023 15:11

Hello.

I have a bug that i'm sure should be provoced by the graphic configuration and its like planets and all objects blinks all time y A camera mode. I'm dont know how to fiz it.