Ultimate space simulation software

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Re: General suggestions for SpaceEngine

08 Dec 2022 07:50

a very big issue with constellations in 0.990 is that the constellation boundaries are rendered in a very deep blue colour, which is an eye-sore since it is hard to see them properly against the black background of space. using a colour palette more akin to the red and turquoise one celestia uses for its constellations (screenshot attached) would definitely work much better

What about a middle grey color?  That's what I use in Starry Night, where you can change the color of everything.  Maybe letting each user select their own color and font for markings and labels is the best option?

apoastron
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

08 Dec 2022 15:47

Maybe letting each user select their own color and font for markings and labels is the best option?
would definitely be the best route to take. that way, people with vision impairments or disorders can set their constellations to be the best that suits them

edit: oh wow, 100th page!
Tell me, Dr. Freeman, if you can. You have destroyed so much. What is it, exactly, that you have created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not.

EventHorizonFr
Observer
Observer

28 Dec 2022 00:47

Hi, space travelers :) I wonder if anyone have noticed that the Solar system is not very well located into the Milky Way : SE placed it to close to the border, actually our Solar system is at 25 000 ly from the bulge and 25 000 ly from the border in the little arm called Orion. Is it possible with a script to move it to the good the place ? I want to use SE with students and I have to avoid inaccuracies...

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

04 Jan 2023 01:55

Hi, space travelers :) I wonder if anyone have noticed that the Solar system is not very well located into the Milky Way : SE placed it to close to the border, actually our Solar system is at 25 000 ly from the bulge and 25 000 ly from the border in the little arm called Orion. Is it possible with a script to move it to the good the place ? I want to use SE with students and I have to avoid inaccuracies...
Wikipedia says 26kly, not 25
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

spacetuner
Observer
Observer

12 Jan 2023 00:54

Hi,
if you don't have much info then how can you teach your students about solar system :D

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

17 Jan 2023 03:04

I also believe that, but it's not a matter of position of the Solar system within the galaxy, it's rather the model of the Milky Way which looks slightly smaller than what it actually is. It's not a big issue, but maybe it can be slightly adjusted  :smile:

I might be wrong though, I'm not a cosmologist! Also no one ever saw the Orion arm from outside (?) so we're don't really know what the Milky Way looks at all.
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

EventHorizonFr
Observer
Observer

27 Jan 2023 02:13

I also believe that, but it's not a matter of position of the Solar system within the galaxy, it's rather the model of the Milky Way which looks slightly smaller than what it actually is. It's not a big issue, but maybe it can be slightly adjusted  :smile:

I might be wrong though, I'm not a cosmologist! Also no one ever saw the Orion arm from outside (?) so we're don't really know what the Milky Way looks at all.
Hi,
You're right, no one and no spaceship ever took an image of outside the orion arm, by far !! But, thanks to the radioastronomy, we know rather well the environment of our galactic arm. By the way, what bothers me the most is that Space Engine places us too close to an edge...

gold333
Observer
Observer

03 Mar 2023 12:49

How do we know what happens to our suggestions?

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

03 Mar 2023 17:01

How do we know what happens to our suggestions?
At a minimum, they are read and evaluated according the current roadmap. Many of them are implicitly included in the end goal for this program, others are probably too optimistic in terms of what is possible within the scope of SpaceEngine, but they are considered nonetheless.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

CryoSword
Observer
Observer

04 Mar 2023 20:04

I have a request for a control keybinding that enables the mouse look camera for you without needing to hold the Left Mouse Button, sort of like the alt key for freelook in some fps games.

And to disable the mouse look, either hit the key again or press the left mouse button to get the cursor back.

ConsoleCoder
Observer
Observer

07 Mar 2023 13:33

It would be cool if we had protoplanetary disks and sometimes protoplanets. It would also be cool if we could see plate tectonics shift with time warping and we could see stars actually orbiting their galaxy. also, what if we could see solar systems being created, and destroyed, along with planets.

apoastron
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

07 Mar 2023 16:55

It would also be cool if we could see plate tectonics shift with time warping and we could see stars actually orbiting their galaxy. also, what if we could see solar systems being created, and destroyed, along with planets.
in a decade maybe
Tell me, Dr. Freeman, if you can. You have destroyed so much. What is it, exactly, that you have created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not.

Toivo and Teemu
Observer
Observer

28 Mar 2023 04:02

Investigating stars in a 3d map - add ability to choose the distance which stars are shown while keeping the view centered on a chosen star and panning it. 

I tried doing it on Celestia and there are no other programs.

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

29 Mar 2023 14:49

Investigating stars in a 3d map - add ability to choose the distance which stars are shown while keeping the view centered on a chosen star and panning it. 
I tried doing it on Celestia and there are no other programs.
Is it the map mode you're looking for?
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

Glebka73a1
Observer
Observer

12 Apr 2023 02:55

add a setting, where you can set how far will galaxies generate (make max up to 100 gly atleast)