Ultimate space simulation software

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Re: Help with creating Mods and Addons

06 Sep 2022 11:45

Yeah the StarBarycenter goes to the Stars folder, while the stars and planets script goes into the planets folder. Unless there's something else wrong.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

06 Sep 2022 11:56

These are the files, except I need to clean up the scripts a bit, all the other systems are working correctly except Honi Bahmar.
The stars of the other planets are in the stars folder though, but they're not binary systems.

Also I did my calculations wrong for RA e Dec, I need to learn how they work!

EDIT: Actually with the StarBarycenter restored (I tried using Barycenter) and with the two stars on the planet folder it works.  :amazed:
Attachments
Ternion_planets.sc
(62.93 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Ternion_stars.sc
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

09 Sep 2022 08:14

Ages ago I've made the last addon for SpaceEngine, and is there a better way to start than making a set of 6 different system? Well... yeah, I realized I don't remember a thing.

I've followed the tutorial, but there is one big problem: A binary system, which has two close stars (a white dwarf and a K main sequence star), simply won't work. The two stars doesn't get parented to the StarBarycenter but they're considered two separate systems, and the planets just get assigned to random procedural stars and not the StarBarycenter as well.

I've started out exporting a similar procedural system so there shouldn't be any formal error in it... I've checked the name of the parent object many times and it's correct for both stars and the planet. Unfortunately I can't put the code right now but eventually I'll edit the post and add it in the attachments.

What do you think could be the problem?

(PS: Also I know the location of these system in a galaxy map but I'm not a big expert of declination and right ascension, I've found a map on wikipedia, I hope this will be helpful!)

(PS2: WAIT! I've put both Star and StarBarycenter scripts in the stars folder but maybe I have to put the stars in the planets folder since they're parented to something? Or maybe I need to create a Barycenter without "Star"?)
Stars folder is for the entity that determines the location of the system in the Universe. Planets folder is for celestial objects in that system such as stars, planets and moons. I've said it like you can only have one system in an addon to make it easier to word, but you can have different systems under the Stars folder and have many celestial objects from different systems in the Planets folder.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

ashwin.pajankar
Observer
Observer

04 Oct 2022 08:48

Hello All,
I have used steam to purchase and download Space Engine Pro. I read about the interstellar Mod on the internet. I went to the steam workshop and subscribed to the mod.

How to activate that mod in Space Engine Pro? I am very new to this forum and I could not find the button to post question. That is why I posted a reply in this thread. Really sorry for the intrusion. Please help me.

DerkasBR
Observer
Observer

04 Nov 2022 18:38

Hello, apologies if this was already addressed in this thread. I was wondering if there's a way to define a very distant (i.e. several million parsecs away) Deep Space Object or Star more precisely than with RA and Dec? It seems that after a couple decimal places the numbers are simply rounded up or down, so after a certain distance it becomes very difficult to manage place objects nearby to each other without overlapping them.

Walter Brown
Observer
Observer

20 Nov 2022 06:45

How do I create my own nebulas? I did everything the manual said, and I still cannot create nebulas, galaxies or clusters.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

20 Nov 2022 15:47

How do I create my own nebulas? I did everything the manual said, and I still cannot create nebulas, galaxies or clusters.
Could you share your scripts so we can test it? By Following the manual, you should definitely see your own made objects.
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

The fox
Observer
Observer

19 Dec 2022 15:03

(sorry for my english) With the new update and the implantation of new mechanics like the wormhole. I would like to know if it is possible to create wormhole, and if yes, how we can create them ?

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

05 Jan 2023 15:55

(sorry for my english) With the new update and the implantation of new mechanics like the wormhole. I would like to know if it is possible to create wormhole, and if yes, how we can create them ?
Refer to the manual
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

05 Jan 2023 18:17

Refer to the manual
The manual does not contain yet references to wormholes.
I would like to know if it is possible to create wormhole, and if yes, how we can create them ?
A simple pair of linked wormholes can be created with this script placed in SpaceEngine addons\catalogs\planets\ folder:

Star "Wormhole 2"
{
   ParentBody "Sol"
   ConnectTo "WormHole 1"
   TunnelLength 2
   Class "Z"

Orbit
   {
   RefPlane "Equator"
   SemiMajorAxis 1.4
   Eccentricity 0.01
   Inclination    2
   }
}

Star "WormHole 1"
{
   ParentBody "Sargas"
   ConnectTo "Wormhole 2"
   Class "Z"

Orbit
   {
   RefPlane "Equator"
   SemiMajorAxis 1.4
   Eccentricity 0.01
   Inclination    2
   }
}

jadenite
Observer
Observer

10 Jan 2023 13:22

Hi everyone,
I recently downloaded Blender and I'm currently working on importing a free ufo model into the game to use as a ship.
While the ship works, I noticed that the textures shown in blender doesn't appear in the game - the ship doesn't have a
metallic and reflective surface. I'm very new to Blender and so it may be an obvious fix, but any help is appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (4).png

TRAPPIST-1e
Observer
Observer

13 Jan 2023 19:01

How to set up planet's effective temperature?

eniojr
Observer
Observer

29 Jan 2023 08:45

Hi, I'm creating a custom system around an intermediate black hole. It has 1000 solar masses and according to Space Engine, it's accretion disk has a temperature of around 5000 K, but I think that it's too low. It should be way higher, maybe a million K? What would be the average temperature of an accretion disk of a black hole with 1000 solar masses? And such black hole is capable of forming gas giants and super earths around it?

Cross961
Observer
Observer

04 Feb 2023 08:37

I want to believe this is a frequent or an easy question but I can't find anything.
Can I add new types/classes of objects? I'm making a map of my and my friend's fictional objects, and quite a few stars have a non-existent spectral class, hence it can't be recreated with SE's usual system.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

04 Feb 2023 13:44

I want to believe this is a frequent or an easy question but I can't find anything.
Can I add new types/classes of objects? I'm making a map of my and my friend's fictional objects, and quite a few stars have a non-existent spectral class, hence it can't be recreated with SE's usual system.
No, the engine does not allow declaration of new objects or classes. It could I guess, in future.