Ultimate space simulation software

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Your SpaceEngine Videos

31 May 2021 02:36

Also got a question about making videos while flying over planets.  Is there any way to do it in "autopilot"?  So say I leave the computer running for 12 hours while making a planetary flyover video, do I need to stay at the computer or can I leave it without crashing into the surface or flying off into space?  Basically I want to be able to maintain a fixed distance over a planet's surface while making a video, is this possible for up to 12 hours?

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

Your SpaceEngine Videos

04 Jun 2021 03:53

Two new videos, made with 0.980, involving my favorite custom planet in orbit around Delta Trianguli :)

[youtube]gEA7MHZ6hfI[/youtube]

[youtube]qe6zgac2-FU[/youtube]
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Your SpaceEngine Videos

04 Jun 2021 12:16

I love the colors on the planet!  Is that planet in 0980 by default?  Also, have you found a way to do a fly over of a planet without constantly having to man the controls?  If I'm not constantly adjusting altitude and direction I find that I'm either crashing somewhere or flying off into space?  I want to make a long 12 hr planet fly over video like I do with space videos, but with space videos I can set a course and direction and speed and not crash into anything....not so much with planet videos.  In other words, is there some sort of autopilot setting for planetary fly overs where I dont have to adjust the direction and altitude and can be away from my computer for hours and just let the thing fly itself like I can with interstellar and intergalactic voyage videos?

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

Your SpaceEngine Videos

04 Jun 2021 21:03

It is a custom planet from my TPE Universe mod, Belle Hades.

There is no autopilot for aviation mode, unfortunately :(
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Your SpaceEngine Videos

05 Jun 2021 01:29

Thanks, I just submitted that as a feature request.  One would think it would be fairly easy to accomplish (along with a directional compass for when flying over planet and moon surfaces.)

WastReal
Observer
Observer

Re: Your SpaceEngine Videos

01 Nov 2022 12:54

Hello Everyone! I'm Karol and I'am a music producer called "WastReal" I will want to show You my work that i made with music video created in Space Engine onto one of my released works. Please Enjoy and comment me what You think. Image

KNWCW

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

22 Dec 2022 03:52

I love the colors on the planet!  Is that planet in 0980 by default?  Also, have you found a way to do a fly over of a planet without constantly having to man the controls?  If I'm not constantly adjusting altitude and direction I find that I'm either crashing somewhere or flying off into space?  I want to make a long 12 hr planet fly over video like I do with space videos, but with space videos I can set a course and direction and speed and not crash into anything....not so much with planet videos.  In other words, is there some sort of autopilot setting for planetary fly overs where I dont have to adjust the direction and altitude and can be away from my computer for hours and just let the thing fly itself like I can with interstellar and intergalactic voyage videos?
Just wanted to update this and thank the developers at Space Engine who have now made the flight simulator so stable and easy to use.  I just did a 9 day flight over the planet Pandora (and back in 2021 I was trying to get to 12 hours haha) and I'm now on my second flight, and this one is already at 7 days!  The new autopilot is amazing and automatically goes into hover mode (while still flying forwards) to keep the ship from crashing into the ground and when it is high enough the hover engines automatically turn off, so there is no crashing or flying off into space (unless one wants to!)  Great work guys, this new version is amazing for making videos and I don't have to be at my computer to constantly keep adjusting the engines anymore!

JustDreaming
Observer
Observer

24 Aug 2023 04:16

New Video Premiering in around 45 minutes!

From the surface of the sun to Pluto, this is a journey where the only sounds you'll hear are the Celestial Body's Magnetosphere sounds.
Each planet have its own voice, and they will probably speak to you.
This can give off a sensation of Cosmic Horror, but to some others, it may be a sensation of awe.

It's pretty personal: Universe can be Terrifying and Beautiful at the same time!
Enjoy! 

I don't sleep, i just dream