Ultimate space simulation software

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Your SpaceEngine Videos

03 Dec 2020 06:34

Hi, where do you get the space ship window and how do you install it?

TheMarkness
Observer
Observer

Your SpaceEngine Videos

03 Dec 2020 09:29

Hi, where do you get the space ship window and how do you install it?
I'm afraid it was not captured on the gameplay footage, but was made in post by layering dirty and scratched photos of glass on top of the video clips and setting them to blending modes 'screen' or 'color dodge' or 'linear dodge' (depending on the shot).

...it would be an interesting SE feature though, heh, I agree!
Not sure if it's possible, but if it is and any modders would be interested in a making a 'space windows' mod, I'd gladly provide the texture I used.
Hail Sagan :)

chaitanyakhoje
Observer
Observer

Your SpaceEngine Videos

10 Dec 2020 00:45

Hello everyone!!
I've missed you all! 
It has been a long time since I played Space Engine, almost about 3 years now, I see that it has evolved so much, definitely going to jump in again.
The tutorials, UI changes, beautiful website pages, amazing community, everything has improved a lot!

Here are my videos from 3 years ago;

[youtube]6K0p3-234zU[/youtube]

[youtube]KWSWGtZtd4k[/youtube]
[youtube]TrGUnzFy4vE[/youtube]

[youtube]uQERZVl8YFM[/youtube]

[youtube]0TsTEKQUSXE[/youtube]
[youtube]v22YbRtaVcA[/youtube]
[youtube]7JVkTJvlXHg[/youtube]
Now that Space Engine is officially released [cracks knuckles], I am ready to glide through the cosmos with some new ideas for my upcoming videos!
Space is to place as eternity is to time.
~Joseph Joubert

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Your SpaceEngine Videos

11 Dec 2020 02:17

Did you use OBS to make these great videos?

JKerman
Astronaut
Astronaut

Your SpaceEngine Videos

17 Dec 2020 22:18

[youtube]RV-wub7njD0[/youtube]

FastFourierTransform
Pioneer
Pioneer

Your SpaceEngine Videos

19 Dec 2020 09:52

[youtube]RV-wub7njD0[/youtube]
Wowowow! That was awesome. Congratulations.
For some reason the intro reminds me of some "analog horror" clips like the ones from Gemini Home Entertainment.

VladS
Observer
Observer

Your SpaceEngine Videos

14 Jan 2021 07:25

gardens of the deep
Observer
Observer

Your SpaceEngine Videos

17 Apr 2021 16:02

Hi there, just started a youtube channel exploring the wonderful world of SE.
Never been on a forum before so nice to meet everyone and looking forward to reading through the history of this place.
Planning to do hour+ videos that could be used for screen savers or just to sit back and relax.
Watched quite a few great SE videos but couldn't find super long ones so figured I'd make them myself.
See you in space.

[youtube]iCivGjgQF44[/youtube]

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Your SpaceEngine Videos

17 Apr 2021 19:19

Thanks for this, what software are you using to make the videos?

gardens of the deep
Observer
Observer

Your SpaceEngine Videos

18 Apr 2021 04:42

thanks, using the SE pro version for the camera tool and capturing that way, then using premiere to slow it down to 24 fps and a little bit of color correction, though not much since SE itself looks so good.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Your SpaceEngine Videos

19 Apr 2021 05:14

I have the pro version too, I guess I don't have the hang of the capture tool yet so I've been using cubemaps lol.  What is your SE Pro resolution set at and do you use perspective projection or something else?

gardens of the deep
Observer
Observer

Your SpaceEngine Videos

20 Apr 2021 01:48

oh cool, I've never used cubemaps before. might need to look into that. 

I've only tried the perspective projection so far, though I'd like to test out the other modes for VR videos in the future. I usually have the setting of the graphic quality at medium in 4k resolution, and I try to keep the procedurally generated objects at a minimum. that's about the max my hardware can handle for real time rendering while I figure out the camera path. then I switch to ultra before clicking the capture. it's a slow process though, about two hours of capturing for about 10 minutes of 4k 60fps footage. but if you have the time it'll allow high resolution capture without crazy hardware since it doesn't rely on real time capture with OBS or some other screen capture tool, so that's nice. the H264 files SE outputs are also pretty good and having control of the bitrate is great.

still some downsides to the capture tool though. not being able to edit the camera path later is a little frustrating because I have to remap all the points if something messes up. looking forward to future releases to see how it will evolve. also haven't gotten the hang of going from faster than light speeds to slow orbits in one go, the spline curves are a bit hard to gauge for me and I get weird camera movements from the sudden speed change. just need more practice I suppose.

I know what you mean though, definitely took some time and messing about to kind of get used to it.

Peter C
Observer
Observer

Your SpaceEngine Videos

19 May 2021 01:25

Hi all. Im about to get Space Engine and Im an Ambient Music Producer. I would like to know which version to get. The Standard or the Pro Version. I want to film footage as i fly through the universe to add to my music. Do i need the Pro Version to do this? Or can i just use the standard version. I want a clear screen with no overlays.

Many thanks

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Your SpaceEngine Videos

19 May 2021 17:54

I'm making super long videos for Youtube of voyages to different galaxies and to the center of our own galaxy.  Using OBS.  My screen resolution is 1280x1024.  I have the option to use that resolution or to do a lossless crop at 1280x720 (keeps the same horizontal resolution and just lops off the bottom 304 pixels so the per pixel detail level is the same it's just the bottom part of the image gets lopped off)....for youtube should I choose this or use the original 1280x1024 resolution?  I was told that non 16:9 videos dont look so good on youtube and it wont show at my original 1280x1024 resolution, so should I choose the lossless crop at 1280x720 for the videos?

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Your SpaceEngine Videos

29 May 2021 18:56

Question about uploading videos to YouTube.....what is the maximum length they can be? I see on their site they say it's 12 hours but people say they have been able to upload videos of up to 24 hours recently?  With OBS I've been able to make videos longer than 12 hours at a nice file size (under 20 GB), so I was wondering if they would work on Youtube?

Also is there any way to randomize the music player and have it stick?  Whenever I set it to random play it does not save that setting the next time I start up the program.

Third question is about galactic voyages.  My 12 hour plus videos are journeys through the maximum cross section of galaxies, what's the best way to do this?  I usually just set the program to "Go There" and then set a path for the central black hole of said galaxy and then do a video of that journey and it passing through the other side all the way to the opposite edge of the galaxy.  I set the speed to whatever will complete the journey in just under 12 hours using the diameter measurement of the galaxy in the calculation.  Is this the correct way to do it?