Ultimate space simulation software

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Your SpaceEngine Videos

31 May 2021 00:36

Also got a question about making videos while flying over planets.  Is there any way to do it in "autopilot"?  So say I leave the computer running for 12 hours while making a planetary flyover video, do I need to stay at the computer or can I leave it without crashing into the surface or flying off into space?  Basically I want to be able to maintain a fixed distance over a planet's surface while making a video, is this possible for up to 12 hours?

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

Your SpaceEngine Videos

04 Jun 2021 01:53

Two new videos, made with 0.980, involving my favorite custom planet in orbit around Delta Trianguli :)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Your SpaceEngine Videos

04 Jun 2021 10:16

I love the colors on the planet!  Is that planet in 0980 by default?  Also, have you found a way to do a fly over of a planet without constantly having to man the controls?  If I'm not constantly adjusting altitude and direction I find that I'm either crashing somewhere or flying off into space?  I want to make a long 12 hr planet fly over video like I do with space videos, but with space videos I can set a course and direction and speed and not crash into anything....not so much with planet videos.  In other words, is there some sort of autopilot setting for planetary fly overs where I dont have to adjust the direction and altitude and can be away from my computer for hours and just let the thing fly itself like I can with interstellar and intergalactic voyage videos?

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

Your SpaceEngine Videos

04 Jun 2021 19:03

It is a custom planet from my TPE Universe mod, Belle Hades.

There is no autopilot for aviation mode, unfortunately :(
Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Your SpaceEngine Videos

04 Jun 2021 23:29

Thanks, I just submitted that as a feature request.  One would think it would be fairly easy to accomplish (along with a directional compass for when flying over planet and moon surfaces.)