Ultimate space simulation software

Cronos_99
Observer
Observer

Image Dump

29 Aug 2021 01:41

Wow, Cronos_99, nice intro.

This...

...is my favourite.  But they are all nice.

(Wish they were bigger.)  Did you edit the Shuttle's texture? Or is that just a lighting thing?
this has a very 0.980 feel to it, it's probably from that version of SE?

Honestly, it is version 0.9.7.1, since it is the version that runs more fluidly on my pc hahaha Latin American things ahaha

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

Image Dump

29 Aug 2021 11:37

Why didn't you tell me you were doing this before, I would have asked you, because it's next on my list.  How did you find a ship with rows of windows like that and can you look through them?  I want that ship! 
What? You don't check every new post since your last visit to the forum? Shocking, I tell you. Shocking!  Ship was put together from various parts, mostly ettore_bilbo's parts. Some were modified. Don't know that it has rows of windows...

Does have a view from one of the domes, though. ;)
990-00258.jpg
Hey how do you match the velocity of the ring particles.  I like that you have to go full speed ahead!  Also where did you find the astronaut photographer and can you attach a camera to his head to get his view of space?
Get into a circular orbit around the equator. Fine tune by trying to catch up with the particles.  One could try an autopilot rendezvous with a shepherd dwarf moon, and fine tune from there.

Astronauts are from a NASA/ESA astronauts add-on. I'm sure they are in the workshop.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Image Dump

29 Aug 2021 12:27

Wow thats absolutely spectacular with the dome view!  Nice place to put a camera- does it say "cockpit view" when you switch to it?!  Is there a way to walk around inside the ship while seeing the view from the windows from the side?  Or just walk while looking at the windows and seeing the view shift as one walks?

I have Bilbo's addons, do I have to build the ship myself from them?  I hope you filled it with cameras on each window!

Can you attach a camera to an astronaut's helmet and move them around to see what they see?  An astronaut's perspective!

I want to know what collisions with ring particles are like!  Is this where my Main engines full power might come in handy?

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Image Dump

29 Aug 2021 12:30

And I do check new posts but lately I've been involved with mastering this intergalactic flight thing lol.  Orbits with ring particles is next on my list!

So if I am in orbit around an earthlike planet that has rings on it (like the one's in JD's Tau Ceti add-on), I can focus one camera on the windows to see the rings and the other camera on the surface of the planet, in waterskiing mode?

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

Image Dump

29 Aug 2021 16:02

I have Bilbo's addons, do I have to build the ship myself from them?  I hope you filled it with cameras on each window!
You can, but as you can see, I've used parts from other packs, too. But for this ship, you'll have to build it yourself. (And a couple of parts were modified.) But ettore_bilbo has included many ships ready to go. You might like some of them. Maximum of eight cameras per ship. Put them wherever you want. If you "build" an astronaut as a ship, same rules apply. I generally add the crew as part of the ship model, though.

I want to know what collisions with ring particles are like!  Is this where my Main engines full power might come in handy?
No collisions with ring particles.

myoldfriendsaredjs
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Image Dump

29 Aug 2021 16:45

binary system stars shining through 3d rings

scr00003 - Copy.jpg
Wow you didn't make this system yourself, it's like this by default in .990?
Address is RS 8496-489-6-127437-91 2
Katherine / 19 / Using SpaceEngine since 2017
My screen name is ProfessorOfK3ology now, but I can't change it here :(

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

Image Dump

29 Aug 2021 19:22

Wow this is a beautiful system and great lighting!  Are all your ring screenshots from the same system in .990?
System is 990 — RS 8496-489-8-8256745-46. White dwarfs are my favourite light sources (this is a white dwarf/red dwarf pair).  Planet 4, I do believe, but there are others to choose from in this same system.
990-00384.jpg

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Image Dump

30 Aug 2021 01:17

Thanks, I'm going to check out those planets.  White dwarfs do cast a ghostly light.  And those rings are extensive- far larger than Saturn's!

I'll try the other system too with the rings shining through the stars, it seems like binary system have the most lighting effects, especially if they are stars of different colors.

Do some of Bilbo's ships have a cockpit view so I can see space as if through a window from inside of it?  Also are they combined planetary ship and star ship or one or the other? I have his addon downloaded but haven't tested it out yet.

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

Image Dump

30 Aug 2021 03:54

Some do, most don't.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Image Dump

30 Aug 2021 08:12

Some do, most don't.
I guess I'll have to check them all out, I'm actually looking at them right now in the Hangar, and there must be at least 30 ships in here.  Is there any you would specifically recommend for me? Their names don't really tell me much about them.  I do see one named Frigate, that sounds like a large ship!
Also you never answered my question in the intergalactic thread, can I go straight into hyperjump as soon as the Velocity Vector bug goes positive or do I have to keep the engines running until the Velocity Vector and Boost markers are completely superimposed on each other?  The former happens in 10 minutes or so but the latter takes about 2 hours.

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

Image Dump

30 Aug 2021 13:00

Do you want to fly a ship that you like or one that I might like? Take the plunge! Try one yourself!

Cronos_99
Observer
Observer

Image Dump

30 Aug 2021 13:24

-  Campo ultraprofundo.

Esta es mi imagen favorita hasta ahora en Space Engine. Para tal imagen, intente recrear algunas fotos del Hubble Ultra Deep Field para crear un poco de realismo.

Espero que te guste.
Attachments
scr00160.jpg

myoldfriendsaredjs
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Image Dump

30 Aug 2021 19:47

tried to mess around with camera settings more for this one. the bright spot to the left is another star i think, this planet was in a quadruple system. unfortunately i didn't see it until after i took the picture and changed back all my settings
scr00001.jpg
Katherine / 19 / Using SpaceEngine since 2017
My screen name is ProfessorOfK3ology now, but I can't change it here :(

Cronos_99
Observer
Observer

Image Dump

30 Aug 2021 22:58

Un encuentro cercano con un agujero negro
Attachments
scr00290.jpg

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

Image Dump

31 Aug 2021 02:24

Un encuentro cercano con un agujero negro
That doesn't look like an S.E. black hole. Has something changed? Or am I missing something in the interpretation?