Ultimate space simulation software

stewartIM
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Poster Dump

27 May 2018 11:46

I thought that it would be interesting to create posters using SpaceEngine images, as that isn't something I had seen before. Below are several of the posters that I have finished. All of these are 8K resolution or higher - open the image in a new tab for full size.

Post your SpaceEngine posters below!

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

Poster Dump

28 May 2018 05:07

Wow I like the last one! Wanted to do similar myself :)

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer

Poster Dump

28 May 2018 21:50

I was going to share these in Photoshoped Image Dump but they fit here more. This was a collaboration with a friend, who gave me the idea and the "logo" for the project while I worked on the Posters

Lunar Astrophotography was a brief mission that took photographs of the Earth, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn with modern equipment, taking advantage of the Moon's lack of atmosphere to achieve unprecedented detail.

Earth Rise 3.0

Long Exposure Image near Andromeda

South America

North America

Mars

Jupiter and Io

Saturn, Enceladus, Thetys and Dione

The bloom, glow, blur and noise are aesthetic choices to imitate real photographs
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

HarbingerDawn
SE Team Member
SE Team Member

Poster Dump

29 May 2018 18:31

Great work tRetro-Visor!
Ryzen 7 3700X, 64 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, RTX 3090 24 GB VRAM
Posts on old forum: 8717

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Poster Dump

02 Jun 2018 14:06

I don't really come on here anymore, I used to! a lot. but now Its kind of just for news and stuff. I don't talk anymore :/

stewartIM
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Poster Dump

02 Jun 2018 22:57

@the photo guy, awesome!

Fictitious system that I found:

Stars:

I also have another, very large image that imgbb keeps rejecting - I'm not sure how else to share the image.

stewartIM
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Poster Dump

03 Jun 2018 11:44

Never mind, I found a solution.

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Poster Dump

03 Jun 2018 11:44

@the photo guy, awesome!

Fictitious system that I found:

Stars:

I also have another, very large image that imgbb keeps rejecting - I'm not sure how else to share the image.
Thank you! you have great ones as well, defiantly poster worthy!  Do you make those ones yourself via Photoshop?
I don't really come on here anymore, I used to! a lot. but now Its kind of just for news and stuff. I don't talk anymore :/

stewartIM
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Poster Dump

03 Jun 2018 11:48

I normally use Paint.NET, which I'm much more familiar with. However, if the image gets too big then I might have to resize it with Photoshop.

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Poster Dump

03 Jun 2018 11:52

I normally use Paint.NET, which I'm much more familiar with. However, if the image gets too big then I might have to resize it with Photoshop.
oh cool, looks a little but like Gimp. I use Gimp a lot for mine. Your posters are really high res and have a lot of clean detail and info on them, have you sold some? if you haven't have you ever consider selling some of them as prints?

stewartIM
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Poster Dump

03 Jun 2018 12:04

I had not considered doing that. I'm not sure what SpaceEngineer's policy on selling prints is, and I'm fairly busy most of the time. However, I would be happy to PM you with links to full-res versions of some of the images for you to download and print.

If you know of anyone else who would be interesting in printing these as posters, please let me know.

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Poster Dump

03 Jun 2018 12:10

I had not considered doing that. I'm not sure what SpaceEngineer's policy on selling prints is, and I'm fairly busy most of the time. However, I would be happy to PM you with links to full-res versions of some of the images for you to download and print.

If you know of anyone else who would be interesting in printing these as posters, please let me know.
I don't think its a big issue, you do after all credit SE for it. ( This collection of images was renders using Space Engine ) but you can message the more in charge people here just to make sure. 
Yes, I would like to download some of these :D

the photo guy
Explorer
Explorer

Poster Dump

01 Jul 2018 19:01

Lujo
Astronaut
Astronaut

Poster Dump

02 Jul 2018 22:34

tRetro-Visor
Explorer
Explorer

Poster Dump

05 Sep 2018 12:42

Round 2
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."