Ultimate space simulation software

miniluv73
Astronaut
Astronaut

Photoshoped Image Dump

09 Apr 2021 09:53

Made a quick mockup showing what the new volumetric clouds could look like once completed
SpaceEngine Future.jpg
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here."
Arthur C. Clarke, 1996

TheMarkness
Observer
Observer

Photoshoped Image Dump

30 Apr 2021 09:55

I spent my week off working on this Star Trek fanart project. Every image is either a modified space engine screenshot or uses Space Engine elements (even the first one - the craters are copied from a shot of Mars I made, but the desert itself is a shot of the Tadrart Rouge)

Here's the full set :) if you like Space Imagery (and I think all of us here do) check it out!
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/0nK5V4

And since the one rule is a before and after shot...
Attachments
SE before.jpg
SE after.jpg
Hail Sagan :)

FastFourierTransform
Pioneer
Pioneer
Topic Author

Photoshoped Image Dump

01 May 2021 06:13

TheMarkness wrote:
I spent my week off working on this Star Trek fanart project. Every image is either a modified space engine screenshot or uses Space Engine elements (even the first one - the craters are copied from a shot of Mars I made, but the desert itself is a shot of the Tadrart Rouge)

Here's the full set :) if you like Space Imagery (and I think all of us here do) check it out!
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/0nK5V4

And since the one rule is a before and after shot...

Outstanding gallery. Bravo!

TheMarkness
Observer
Observer

Photoshoped Image Dump

01 May 2021 14:34

FastFourierTransform wrote:
Outstanding gallery. Bravo!

Thank you! I tell any fellow concept artist I meet to consider utilizing space engine because it's a fantastic way to blockout your shot and quickly get a foundation to build upon, or just get individual elements (like the moons and suns in the blue sky image). Especially with the planet editor tool, which is super handy for black holes and planet rings.
Hail Sagan :)

Arturo100
Explorer
Explorer

Photoshoped Image Dump

03 May 2021 16:39

Made in GIMP
awesomeplanet explosio.jpg
The end for that planet.
scr00128.jpg
the original
With the amount of bizarre creatures on Earth, I doubt aliens would look like humans with skull deformations or skin conditions.