Ultimate space simulation software

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer
Topic Author

Colaboration Possibility?

10 Jul 2021 15:22

Most probably no. But this game has striking similarities with SE and although its graphics are outdated, too simplistic and basic by today's standards, it has more detail and depth than any other similar project out there. Without further delays, ladies and gentlemen I present you my recent YT/Steam discovery/purchase: Megaton Rainfall:

[youtube]VJ0LVDZWO3o[/youtube]
It was on sale on steam and I purchased it for 5.91€ and for what it offers I think its the best value for money steam purchase I've ever made. Maybe I am carried away by initial excitement but on the above video am I seeing a fully procedural universe with millions of stellar objects as in SE? And with the ability to go to earth and destroy whole cities (with quite basic but accurate photogrammetry) with superman-like superpowers I am totally blown ayway..
Just imagine if SE merges with this..
Edit PS2: That is another video illustrating the scale of the Megaton Rainfall Universe down to Earth and its cities, with destructible buildings btw:
[youtube]9uUcwFESGw8[/youtube]
MSIX299MB,[email protected](8C/16T),[email protected](CL16),GTX1080Ti@11GBGDDR5X,OS:WIN10x64@2xSSDSATA3RAID0

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Colaboration Possibility?

10 Jul 2021 16:29

Well known but most likely uses entirely different systems to SE and is designed in a very different way,

It does seem similar to what future goals of SE will include, but it is pretty much not going to be a merger or partnership.  Conversion from D3D to OpenGL is also a pain in the poopchute.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

gold333
Observer
Observer

Re: Colaboration Possibility?

03 Mar 2023 13:28

You really want SE to include an atom bomb simulator to destroy stuff?

Why? Why not go and play with some matches instead.