Ultimate space simulation software

markdenson
Observer
Observer

New Members Introduction Thread

07 Jan 2021 19:11

Hello! Nice to see a community here with all the same interests! I've had Space Engine for a while, and just recently started creating my own custom objects (real objects that have not been included in the base Space Engine). Basically I'm trying to catalog anything I find that is interesting to me and isn't in the SE catalog. Mostly the most distant known stars/galaxies/black holes/quasars, brightest/hottest known stars etc.. This is actually what brought me to this forum for the first time. Recently, I've added the most massive known quasar (TON 618). I noticed that it doesn't have any Relativistic Jets. Is it possible to manually add them? It's in a fairly dead area of space (I used the wiki coordinates), as opposed to Sagittarius A*, could this be a problem? 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you, and nice to meet you all!

Stollysoft
Observer
Observer

11 Jan 2021 22:49

Hi all, I am Marco from Rome. Joined the forum for a technical question too: when marking in VR a star, info text appears very small, almost not readable. I have managed to make the labels bigger in the config file, but this do not affect the grey font text used on what appear to be a rendered bitmap plane (it rotates with head movements sticked to the marker) for target information not the label)... only want this font being doubled. Any way to set this in the config file and/or to use some bigger font? In this second case, can you indicate me which font file is used for the gray information text of marked objects?
Moreover, the setting of: max magnitude of displayed stars/planets/nebula etc. and the value of stereobase in vr mode config panel are not saved, turn back to 7 and 1 respectively, and have to set them back at each session start. Thank you so much, guys! This is an amazing piece of software, A+++++!

Steppa
Observer
Observer

16 Jan 2021 04:06

Greetings, everyone. I purchased Space Engine to help out with a novel I'm working on that includes some interstellar world-building and fleet battles that span entire systems. I'm hoping to use the excellent tools in this software to spark some inspiration and let me see obvious things I would have missed without the visual clues.

Max Hatchet
Observer
Observer

10 Feb 2021 12:27

Hi there. Max here.

Rufust
Observer
Observer

13 Feb 2021 08:23

Hello all,
Just joined the forum.

Looking for guidance on laptops to run SE. Looking forward to having something to learn SE with.

Are there any cloud-based SE public options available for pay by the hour?

Thanks in advance.

Valtoo
Observer
Observer

02 Aug 2021 09:55

Hello everyone) I think this forum is not bad, it is interesting and the topic is this

GodrikUnderscore
Observer
Observer

06 Aug 2021 17:02

Hi there, I am Godrik Underscore! I love anything and everything about space, space travel/ exploration, etc and play mostly in VR. Elite dangerous has been my goto game to scratch my space itch, but frankly I am getting bored with the low res textures and overall performance. Not to mention the grind... which would be more tolerable if the graphical fidelity was more like SpaceEngine.

Please let me know if you know of any other Space Sims that can be played in VR.

alexandreq4
Observer
Observer

21 Sep 2021 23:10

Hello everyone
Congratulations on the design of this software :)
so, I would like to know what the code ''RS'' means...RS 8496--------etc...
I can't find the correspondence with Stellarium, can someone explain it to me ? thank you

techman1
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

04 Oct 2021 05:51

Hello, Universe! Love what I see out there and the game concept in general. It's like Spore (the space part of it) but on steroids and better. Love every part of it! :)

brettt777
Observer
Observer

14 Oct 2021 17:14

New to Space Engine and this site. Hoping to use SE for the obvious, but I would also like to use it to prove a few things to some friends of mine that are, unfortunately, flat Earthers.

WildSirius
Observer
Observer

03 Dec 2021 18:48

Hello everyone. I'm not really a new user, but I lost my old account so I need to have 10 posts before posting anything on the mods forum, so that's the only reason I'm typing this lol. Anyway, If there's a new user reading this, welcome to the forum and always remember your password or else this happens :(

Stardragon
Observer
Observer

01 Jan 2022 20:44

Hello people. New to space engine and am looking foreword to exploring.
I hope to find cool planets and such!

wihiz
Observer
Observer

09 Feb 2022 07:21

Hi everyone! I wasn't a member of an old site, but I hope that you welcome all new members. 

Sledge
Observer
Observer

20 Feb 2022 18:23

Hi folks.  Left Elite Dangerous after they vanilla'd the planetary topology.  Traveling near the edge of the galaxy looking for extreme landscapes for screenshots was my passion and they eliminated it.  I hope I can find that sense of discovery in Space Engine.  Also getting a new system to be released in a month or so: MSI Stealth GS77 12UHS-040, will use it to power up my LG CX 48 OLED.  Looking forward to exploring the game.  

SarahCornel
Observer
Observer

Re: New Members Introduction Thread

28 Mar 2022 07:04

Hey, there. Hey. here.