3dcal
Observer
Observer

New Members Introduction Thread

17 Jul 2020 03:44

Greetings all, 

I'm a new user of SpaceEngine, and want to explore our local universe, as 
well as create SciFi scenes. 

Since the '80s I've enjoyed using Bryce, Hexagon, Carrara, VUE, C4D, Blender, ZBrush
to create SciFi scenes & animations, and want to integrate them with SpaceEngine.

A few sample scenes
http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=5690
http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=6013
http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=5571

Live long & prosper.  ;)

GloucesterLad
Observer
Observer

28 Jul 2020 06:04

Hello everyone,

I have recently downloaded Space Engine and to explore all reaches of our known universe within game. I really enjoy Space games such as Elite Dangerous even though i am taking a break from it currently. I am glad to be part of this community and sharing my screenshots and ideas with you all.
Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious.

Stephen Hawking

samdanieljones
Observer
Observer

08 Oct 2020 22:04

Sam D. Jones here,

Been using Space Engine for a few months now.  Exploring in it is fun, but I got it mainly to serve as a replacement for Celestia in bringing fictional star systems to life.  The program is gorgeous.

ariquelmer
Observer
Observer

20 Oct 2020 20:52

please help buy this program and it has never worked well for me the mouse cursor is not visible on the interface screen of this game please help

CLtheman1
Observer
Observer

26 Oct 2020 07:48

Hi! I've had Space Engine on another computer a few years ago, and now I have it on this one. I just wish they had wormholes. I also wish I could find some current downloads of Star Trek ships for the latest free version of SE.

Challenger
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

26 Oct 2020 08:57

Hello! My name is Alex. I am interested in astronomy and science fiction (in particular, space travel). There is a lot of interesting information on this forum which, I hope, will help in the development of my hobby. I want to find guys on the forum with whom I can communicate according to my interests.

TheMarkness
Observer
Observer

02 Dec 2020 16:12

Hey I'm Mark! Digital artist from Slovenia.
Been using Space Engine for 5-6 years now. I absolutely adore flying around the universe looking for planets.
Recently I used SE in a music video for my music project The Markness. Trying to make space metal a thing, hehe.

I'm also an aspiring musician for cinematic music and joined this forum because a sort of dream of mine is to get a song into Space Engine one day maybe, I'd consider it a real honor :) 

[youtube]Bj8tO_8rCWM[/youtube]
Hail Sagan :)

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

02 Dec 2020 22:54

Hey I'm Mark! Digital artist from Slovenia.
Been using Space Engine for 5-6 years now. I absolutely adore flying around the universe looking for planets.
Recently I used SE in a music video for my music project The Markness. Trying to make space metal a thing, hehe.

I'm also an aspiring musician for cinematic music and joined this forum because a sort of dream of mine is to get a song into Space Engine one day maybe, I'd consider it a real honor :) 

[youtube]Bj8tO_8rCWM[/youtube]
That's some very nice work. Do you mind me asking what programs were used?

TheMarkness
Observer
Observer

03 Dec 2020 03:15

That's some very nice work. Do you mind me asking what programs were used?
Thank you! The music software is listed in the description. As for the footage itself, I wouldn't know - this was part of a contest by 8dio where one had to score a pre-made video. My guess is it's stock, since the shots are all over the place, for example the one at 1:24 has a different aspect ration even.
Hail Sagan :)

fbacker
Observer
Observer

17 Dec 2020 04:43

Hello everyone,

I'm Frank! System admin from Istanbul.
I'm just curious for space & technology. There are amazing informations this forum.

bearnard bale66
Observer
Observer

24 Dec 2020 03:19

Hello guys)

SpecOps
Observer
Observer

26 Dec 2020 19:09

Hi I joined this forum to ask a question.

I noticed the current time of the program is set at the year 2518. Its running off Steam Gaming network. Any idea how to adjust it to present day?

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

27 Dec 2020 10:09

I noticed the current time of the program is set at the year 2518. Its running off Steam Gaming network. Any idea how to adjust it to present day?
You are using the program in flight simulator mode, wich is supposed to be in that year. Either use Planetarium mode from the main menu, or open the console (tilde key) and use the command TARDIS
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

SpecOps
Observer
Observer

28 Dec 2020 01:32

You are using the program in flight simulator mode, wich is supposed to be in that year. Either use Planetarium mode from the main menu, or open the console (tilde key) and use the command TARDIS
Ok it seems to have worked. Thanks.

SienJoe
Observer
Observer

05 Jan 2021 06:09

Hello! My name is Alex. I am interested in astronomy and science fiction (in particular, space travel). There is a lot of interesting information on this forum which, I hope, will help in the development of my hobby. I want to find guys on the forum with whom I can communicate according to my interests.
This is actually relevant now. I spend Christmas and New Year with my girlfriend. We have never been together for so long under one roof)) it turns out that our interests, besides cinema and outdoor activities, are quite different. she likes everything paranormal, books about magic and such fortune-telling - https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-909-meaning/  I have the practical nature of a real engineer)) It's easier for me to find online friends here for good communication on serious topics.