Ultimate space simulation software

Theloic971
Astronaut
Astronaut

New Members Introduction Thread

30 Oct 2019 13:48

Hello, everyone. I'm 20 years old and I have been an amateur astronomer for several years now. I have my own instrument, a Newton 200mm in diameter and 1m20 long. I appreciate astronomy in its entirety, but I am particularly fond of space exploration, orbital mechanics, or even exobiology. I also love being able to create: I am an amateur photographer, video editor, a little bit of 3D/2D animation, drawing, photography, web development. I also did theatre and I like video games like Kerbal Space Program or bin of course Space Engine but also a little Fortnite and Minecraft.
It's a pleasure to be here.
Thank you for your reading :)
Do you want to archive your discoveries in Space Engine ? Use my new website : https://se-archive-project.net/

wombat1940
Observer
Observer

27 Nov 2019 21:21

Hi
I'm obviously new here. I've moved over from another SF Sim: Crossfire 2.0. Why? I've completed its Campaign, visited and mapped every available Space System, 163 of them, and thought it time for a change. SE appeals to me. Why? Principally because it appears to be non-combatant. At CS2.0 I was by choice totally neutral, which allowed me to journey anywhere without the fear of being attacked and having to defend myself. I avoided MP because I could not take the same non-combatant, neutral stance. Hence all my involvement was in SP. 

SE looks perfect for me in my wish to adopted only an exploratory role, and recording, for a least for myself, what I find.

Wish me luck ........  ;)

wombat1940
Observer
Observer

29 Nov 2019 20:54

OH! This is so good! And I've only got to the Free Flight Tutorial!!! And I haven't had to shoot anybody or anything! JUST LOVE IT!!!!

Observer
Observer

02 Dec 2019 11:16

hello. working my way past 10 messages so I can post a question of my own.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

02 Dec 2019 18:07

hello. working my way past 10 messages so I can post a question of my own.
Hi, are you sure that your question needs a new thread? Your question doesn't fit in one of the dozens of existing threads?
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

ShiVishnu
Observer
Observer

02 Dec 2019 21:07

hello...please help, I see see through-planets and stars. everything is transparent, no texture, no detail no nothing.
Attachments
scr00000.png
scr00002.png
scr00003.png
scr00004.png

Fleurrose
Observer
Observer

22 Dec 2019 14:56

hello...please help, I see see through-planets and stars. everything is transparent, no texture, no detail no nothing.
Hey welcome and what do you mean by transparent i don't understand?

Fleurrose
Observer
Observer

24 Dec 2019 04:11

audacity temp mail origin
Hey welcome and what do you mean by transparent i don't understand?
It's because of your telescope try to see if it's clear or not

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

24 Dec 2019 11:22

You should post your 'se.log' here. It is in the 'system' folder of SpaceEngine.
But I suspect you have a graphics card that is not compatible with SE.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

Deoxys_0
Observer
Observer

30 Dec 2019 10:20

Just joined, but not new. Been with Space Engine for at least two years, but I only ever hung out on the Discord. Decided to add the forums in hopes of getting more technical help and troubleshooting that I haven't had luck with on the Discord.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

30 Dec 2019 13:37

Good luck! ;D
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

szymas
Observer
Observer

03 Jan 2020 11:27

Hi New and old.. have used SE for a couple of years. . off and on and now purchased via Steam to help out.. I posted on Reddit, but figured maybe someone can help with a question I have:

Steam Cloud sync.. does not function for SE .9.9.0?

So other games I have sync to the cloud so I can play were I left off in them.. Clearly it does not work for SE? I have cloud sync enabled.. yet two different pc's with my account .. do not sync where I left off.. is that correct? .. I know in the manual it states " Note: SpaceEngine is a portable application. To copy SpaceEngine to another PC, simply copy the program’s folder and paste it there. " But as we know Steam is not a portal system.. can I just copy a certain folder, cfg files etc to move from one pc to another?

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

09 Jan 2020 09:50

Yeah, of course. Everything is saved on .cfg files. Theoretically if you copy every .cfg file (plus eventual addons that are not downloaded with Steam Workshop) into your other PC you've shared settings/joystick configuration/locations/chronology/etc.
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

Wendelinefroger
Observer
Observer

16 Mar 2020 23:18

Hello. My old user was Banana, but I haven't been active in years and I lost my user info. I've been playing SE for four or so years, but I still have to get the alpha off Steam. I can't wait to see what's changed since I was last here.
Wendelinefroger is my favorite asteroid - used to be Banana

IWillhelm
Observer
Observer

16 Mar 2020 23:59

Hi all,

I haven't bought Space Engines yet, as I was looking to ask a question before purchasing. I am currently have a lot more time on my plate to work on my senior thesis, which is about reconstructing the expansion history of the universe, using redshift to find Hubble's parameter. With that timeI wanted to spruce up my presentation with fancy videos to have visual explanations for cosmological expansion due to the stretching of space, red shift of standard candles, and good models for different standard candles. Would these be things I could use Space engine for?

Sorry if this is not the place to ask this. I'm not entirely sure where I would ask this question as I could not make a post yet, and wanted to ask before I buy.

Thank you for your time!!