Ultimate space simulation software

Lujo
Astronaut
Astronaut

Work progress 0.991

28 Oct 2020 06:38

Hey how's progress on those features you announced back in June?
They're coming along, beyond that not much can be said but there are some good things coming "soon".
Are you saying that there will be more new stuff "soon" other than volumetric clouds?

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.991

28 Oct 2020 07:44

You'll find out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Work progress 0.991

28 Oct 2020 10:05

Doc I have added about 80 add-ons from the workshop.  I'm "subscribed" to them.  Does this mean the ones that need to be updated with new versions of SE will be updated automatically and I wont need to visit the workshop again?  And will I need to delete the cache folder when they are updated (automatically or not)?  Like with Rodrigo's Mod and the clouds add-on?  Hopefully these update automatically since I am subscribed to them and I dont need to delete the cache folder again.

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

Work progress 0.991

28 Oct 2020 23:18

Does this mean the ones that need to be updated with new versions of SE will be updated automatically and I wont need to visit the workshop again?
There has been talk of adding a feature to SpaceEngine which will automatically deactivate addons like 'Rodriogo's Mod' when updating SE. Because 'Rodrigo's Mod' no longer works with the latest test update from SE. However, I don't know whether that will really happen.

Because these add-ons are of course not automatically updated when SpaceEngine is updated. How should that be done? These add-ons have to be updated by the authors after the update of SE. (Then, of course, they will be automatically updated.) If they should no longer work. Most addons will probably continue to work normally.

(I don't know if you have to delete the 'cache' because I don't use 'Rodrigo's Mod'.)
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Work progress 0.991

29 Oct 2020 09:06

Oh I see!  What is the "beta" Rodrigo's mod- is that the one that gets updated more frequently so that it will work with the test build?  I guess what I am asking is if I am subscribed to an add-on and the developer of it updates it, then it will be automatically updated for me also?

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

Work progress 0.991

02 Nov 2020 11:31

Does this mean the ones that need to be updated with new versions of SE will be updated automatically and I wont need to visit the workshop again?
There has been talk of adding a feature to SpaceEngine which will automatically deactivate addons like 'Rodriogo's Mod' when updating SE. Because 'Rodrigo's Mod' no longer works with the latest test update from SE. However, I don't know whether that will really happen.

Because these add-ons are of course not automatically updated when SpaceEngine is updated. How should that be done? These add-ons have to be updated by the authors after the update of SE. (Then, of course, they will be automatically updated.) If they should no longer work. Most addons will probably continue to work normally.

(I don't know if you have to delete the 'cache' because I don't use 'Rodrigo's Mod'.)
Maybe it's something about the Steam's library, I mean- there must be!
I found some items to be unsubscribed randomly on other games so maybe it's because of something like that.
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

miniluv73
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Work progress 0.991

11 Nov 2020 11:51

Will Earth still have the regular flat, low-res, kinda ugly textured clouds or will it switch to the new volumetric system? Also do you know if gas giants will have volumetric clouds?
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here."
Arthur C. Clarke, 1996

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

Work progress 0.991

13 Nov 2020 10:55

New update is in the beta branch on Steam. Description is in the blog post:
http://spaceengine.org/news/blog201113/

Lujo
Astronaut
Astronaut

Work progress 0.991

13 Nov 2020 13:50

I had a mini heart attack thinking clouds are out lol. And now 3d rings!! My hype is through the roof!

FastFourierTransform
Pioneer
Pioneer

Work progress 0.991

14 Nov 2020 07:36

Yeah, the 3D rocks in the rings thing just blew my mind. I didn't expected this so soon in the development. I hope to see some screenshots soon! :D

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Work progress 0.991

14 Nov 2020 10:51

Vlad do you think at some point we could get high res images of the CMBR in various wavelengths?  Some of the research I've been reading about finding patterns in it are so intriguing, it would be like being able to examine the early fossil record of the universe and possibly what might happen in the future.

FastFourierTransform
Pioneer
Pioneer

Work progress 0.991

17 Nov 2020 04:05

Vlad do you think at some point we could get high res images of the CMBR in various wavelengths?  Some of the research I've been reading about finding patterns in it are so intriguing, it would be like being able to examine the early fossil record of the universe and possibly what might happen in the future.
You mean having the CMB in SpaceEngine? Why? It is not a visible feature of the universe.
The idea of having multiple bands of the spectrum available in the game is interesting and has been proposed several times. Vlad's answer always showed the extreme difficulty of implementing that in SE (it would be like making several SEs, interstellar medium would have to be modelled, fluorescence in atmospheres, etc..., also the information across the spectrum is very very asymetric to say the least).
If you just want the highest resolution image of the CMB available to humanity you might want ESA's Planck mission results page. Which includes this:

Messier
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Work progress 0.991

17 Nov 2020 10:31

Rocky rings! Nice! Will there be coarse and fine variations?

(Also I tried the beta branch and I'm still getting black brown dwarfs)
The only Astrogriff

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Work progress 0.991

20 Nov 2020 00:08

Okay thats too high a resolution lol.....I meant something more along the lines of what's present in Starry Night Pro Plus.  It actually shows a more condensed version of various wavelengths of the CMBR, the Milky Way, etc. 

Roy
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Work progress 0.991

25 Nov 2020 23:07

It has been said in patch notes that generation of planetary systems has been changed due to new science knowledge. Where can we read about it? Especially my attention was attracted by these words: "Fixed giant-terra-giant-terra meander sequence in procedural planetary systems". That kind of thing doesn't really happen? Why? Can I read some science note about what is possible in exoplanet systems?