Ultimate space simulation software

Xephorix
Observer
Observer

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0

06 May 2021 09:09

I haven't checked all of the reply pages, but I couldn't find any documentation of this issue elsewhere. I'm running a laptop with fully updated drivers and that (barely) exceed minimum requirements.

I have a bug where ~10 seconds after opening the program, the entire window will become a glitchy mess that blinks very rapidly (It will be fine for one frame, glitchy the next, then fine, glitchy, etc.). 

(Screenshot is not full screen resolution, just enough to get the gist of the problem :) )
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-05-06 0734245.png

Xephorix
Observer
Observer

06 May 2021 09:17

Edit: I fixed the issue with Graphics Card Issues #2. But I felt It would be helpful if this were documented.

Daniil
Observer
Observer

03 Jun 2021 05:56

Hello! Is there a way to find (or re-generate) procedurally generated planetary system by part of its name?

For example, I found a system of red dwarf with 5 planets in Milky Way, somewhere in Scutum-Centaurus Arm, on peripheria of galaxy. When re-installing Windows, I (of course!) forgot to backupplaces-user.cfg, and lost all places I visit. But I saved a part of name of this system. I.e., now I have last part of name - "7-598414-666". So, the full name must be kind of "RS-8474-???????-7-598414-666" (I don't know number of galaxy sector for this place).

What numbers of galaxy sectors corresponds to Scutum-Centaurus Arm, and could the SpaceEngine re-generate planetary system by its name?

Daniil
Observer
Observer

05 Jun 2021 09:08

Hello! Is there a way to find (or re-generate) procedurally generated planetary system by part of its name?

For example, I found a system of red dwarf with 5 planets in Milky Way, somewhere in Scutum-Centaurus Arm, on peripheria of galaxy. When re-installing Windows, I (of course!) forgot to backup places-user.cfg, and lost all places I visit. But I saved a part of name of this system. I.e., now I have last part of name - "7-598414-666". So, the full name must be kind of "RS-8474-???????-7-598414-666" (I don't know number of galaxy sector for this place).

What numbers of galaxy sectors corresponds to Scutum-Centaurus Arm, and could the SpaceEngine re-generate planetary system by its name?
Space Engine has no ability to find system by part of name. Found a solution - generate all available RS names for Milky Way with this octree, and then visit all them via script using a GotoFast command. Qty of system in result was 33, and I found what i seek.

zb1024
Observer
Observer

09 Jul 2021 15:19

Got new g/card and just installed 0.9.8 again and found it not working because of the drivers and so found this thread but that discord link does not work no more, the discord messages never load? Is there a copy of the solution? Do you know the solution?
For me the link works.

But I made a copy of the post here: [hr] WumboWise  20.04.2020

0.9.8.0. FIX FOR NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.
First of all, you need a program called NVIDIA profile inspector. I am including a link to the program.

https://nvidiaprofileinspector.com/down ... inspector/

The Program will look like this.

You will then go to the drop down menu near the top left and search for Space Engine. Click the profile that says SPACE ENGINE.
In the SPACE ENGINE profile, enable this setting for the Extention Limit in the dropdown menu. Pick the setting that says "Growtopia" Press Apply changes in the top right to finalize your settings.  This worked for me. Not sure if this will work for everyone. But it worked for me and worth sharing.
If anyone tries this, let me know the results. [hr]
I did so, but in NVidia Profile Inspector I did not have the "Growtopia" function available, only "Off" or "On" and an error pops up: "Could not find critical extensions:
GL_ARB_vertex_program
GL_ARB_fragment_program
GL_ARB_shader_objects
GL_EXT_framebuffer_object
GL_ARB_texture_float
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
Update your graphics drivers or install hardware that meets the program's requirements
Attachments
se.log
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

yakienS
Observer
Observer

16 Jul 2021 16:41

Hi, Im problem not running game SE 0.9.8.0 
Here's se.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y0lpAU-Sdb3_j8TdkKwWx9kNbdyBovCj/view?usp=sharing
Please reply quickly :) Thanks you

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine
Topic Author

20 Jul 2021 07:14

You need older driver version. Or upgrade SE to 0.990.

Messier 33
Observer
Observer

03 Aug 2021 09:24

Hi,
I have a problem in SpaceEngine when I enter full screen mode. When I enter full screen mode the cursor disappears and it is very hard to use since I have no idea what I am clicking on as I can't see the cursor. It's not as immersive to just use windowed mode and I would like to be able to use full screen mode. 

I am not sure if this is because my system is weak:
- Intel(R) HD graphics 610
- 4GB RAM
- Intel Pentium 4415U (2 cores/4 logical cores, 2.3GHz

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

03 Aug 2021 10:29

Hi,
I have a problem in SpaceEngine when I enter full screen mode. When I enter full screen mode the cursor disappears and it is very hard to use since I have no idea what I am clicking on as I can't see the cursor. It's not as immersive to just use windowed mode and I would like to be able to use full screen mode. 

I am not sure if this is because my system is weak:
- Intel(R) HD graphics 610
- 4GB RAM
- Intel Pentium 4415U (2 cores/4 logical cores, 2.3GHz
Full screen mode also has some flickering bugs.  Use windowed mode like I use, but let the system set the resolution it will set it to very close to your monitor resolution with just the frame around the edges of the window- in my case my 1280x1024 monitor supports a 1264x985 window.

Efe355
Observer
Observer

03 Aug 2021 12:06

Hello friends i have two problems. First of all when i start space engine the menu looks like this(look at picture).
And second problem is that i cant use version 9.8.0 on my new computer. Please help
Attachments
Space Engine Bug.JPG

Mr_McNuggets_3000
Observer
Observer

15 Aug 2021 12:57

Hi! I have a bug in SpaceEngine which concerns ships. When I create a ship, it starts hundreds of kilometers away from where I am at the time. Also, when I attempt to fly to another ship with autopilot, the ship reverts to its previous position when I turn autopilot off. This has also happened when I undock a ship. The se.log file is attached in case it helps.
Attachments
se.log
The se.log file
(122.46 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

coltsr2
Observer
Observer

13 Sep 2021 16:09

To those people who have tried the NVidia Profile Inspector fix for the extension limit setting but  not have the "0x0000A474 (Growtopia)" function available, only "Off" or "On" and when you select on you get an error pops up: "Could not find critical extensions:
GL_ARB_vertex_program
GL_ARB_fragment_program
GL_ARB_shader_objects
GL_ARB_texture_float
Update your graphics drivers or install hardware that meets the program's requirements

The solution is very simple!
You have to physically TYPE into the extension box the extension limit ie type in :      0x0000A474 (Growtopia)

It then sets this extension...you just apply changes and it works a charm!

Am running an RTX 3090 in 4k....on 471.96 game ready driver!

coltsr2
Observer
Observer

13 Sep 2021 16:12

Got new g/card and just installed 0.9.8 again and found it not working because of the drivers and so found this thread but that discord link does not work no more, the discord messages never load? Is there a copy of the solution? Do you know the solution?
For me the link works.

But I made a copy of the post here: [hr] WumboWise  20.04.2020

0.9.8.0. FIX FOR NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.
First of all, you need a program called NVIDIA profile inspector. I am including a link to the program.

https://nvidiaprofileinspector.com/down ... inspector/

The Program will look like this.

You will then go to the drop down menu near the top left and search for Space Engine. Click the profile that says SPACE ENGINE.
In the SPACE ENGINE profile, enable this setting for the Extention Limit in the dropdown menu. Pick the setting that says "Growtopia" Press Apply changes in the top right to finalize your settings.  This worked for me. Not sure if this will work for everyone. But it worked for me and worth sharing.
If anyone tries this, let me know the results. [hr]
I did so, but in NVidia Profile Inspector I did not have the "Growtopia" function available, only "Off" or "On" and an error pops up: "Could not find critical extensions:
GL_ARB_vertex_program
GL_ARB_fragment_program
GL_ARB_shader_objects
GL_ARB_texture_float

The solution is very simple!
You have to physically TYPE into the extension box the extension limit ie type in :      0x0000A474 (Growtopia)

It then sets this extension...you just apply changes and it works a charm!

Am running an RTX 3090 in 4k....on 471.96 game ready driver!

Saw Biohazard
Observer
Observer

19 Sep 2021 16:40

ı found a solution, open your game folder (go space engine folder, not open it) and turn off read-only.

steveg
Observer
Observer

24 Sep 2021 04:05

I can't get Space Engine to start.  The splash screen shows for a few seconds and then disappears, but that's all that happens.

I have the following system:

Alienware Area-51m R2
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
- 16.0 GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super

I have attached se.log.

= Steve
Attachments
se.log
(10.57 KiB) Downloaded 125 times