Ultimate space simulation software

Nebulax
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Update video recording. Doubt Record maximum quality

10 May 2020 10:25

Hello, I would like to know after this new update how to record in maximum quality my videos.

I used to record in avi and the clips had a bitrate of 1492000 kbps. They were of good quality.

Now on h264 I see that the yuya444p16 (64bpp) does not work (I guess it is the best quality).

Yuya 444p16 (64bpp) works for me on h265 and VP9.

That is, we have yuya420 , yuya422, yuya444, I imagine that the best will be 444, although there are two types of 444.

On the other hand I do not understand what you call "Preset#vi" which can be put in ultrafast, fast, slow, etc ... Can someone tell me this last one?

I know that h265 compresses a lot and retains quality but I am interested to know which configuration is the most suitable even if it weighs a lot. I don't care about that.

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

10 May 2020 10:39

"Preset#vi" means "Preset", your localization is simply not updated with a new text added to this update. What is your language?
General rule to acheive the best quality is selecting "Very slow" preset and "Highest" bitrate. Although such extreme combinations may bot work. The pixel format does not really matter that much, dithering do the job, unless you recording with extremely small resolution like 320*200 :)

Matias
Observer
Observer

27 May 2020 03:43

"Preset#vi" means "Preset", your localization is simply not updated with a new text added to this update. What is your language?
General rule to acheive the best quality is selecting "Very slow" preset and "Highest" bitrate. Although such extreme combinations may bot work. The pixel format does not really matter that much, dithering do the job, unless you recording with extremely small resolution like 320*200 :)
Hi
Since the last update, I'm unable to record any video. I don't know why. My laptop has an Intel Core i5-8250U, Intel UHD Graphics 620 and before the update it worked fine. 
Now I get error messages when I use h264, 265. And the software crash when I switch to VP9, so nothing seems to work.
What can I do?

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

27 May 2020 17:34

if you have windows 10 you probably have to install VP9 video extensions from Microsoft Store (it's free) in order to use that software codec.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |