Ultimate space simulation software

fxmodels
Observer
Observer

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.990

23 Jul 2021 20:18

ahhh wonderful rings.. I see its very thin as you said and as long as you move in slow you can see it... Well done!!!!
Join SkyTour LiveStream on Youtube for clear night deep sky tours LIVE from our research grade remotely operated observatory
Listen to SkyTour Radio on KGRAradio.com Sunday Nights 20:00-22:00 ET ... Your Astronomy ONLY show!

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

24 Jul 2021 09:01

Ok will do... I thought I read that Saturn had 3d rings as well.. So I only went to Saturn...
Well it does have 3D rings.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

24 Jul 2021 12:24

I have this add-on but I have no idea where to put it or what it does.  Downloaded it a long time ago but never used it, what does it do and where should I put it?
clouds.jpg

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

24 Jul 2021 13:35

I have this add-on but I have no idea where to put it or what it does.  Downloaded it a long time ago but never used it, what does it do and where should I put it?

clouds.jpg
You literally just move your addon into the addons folder...

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

25 Jul 2021 03:05

clouds.jpg
You literally just move your addon into the addons folder...
Oh I was wondering if I have to make a new folder inside Addons because it's 4 files rather than just 1.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

25 Jul 2021 10:49

Oh I was wondering if I have to make a new folder inside Addons because it's 4 files rather than just 1.
Given the file name and other info from that folder, there's a high chance that's 4 files because someone downloaded or copy-pasted the same file four times.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Green Bean Machine
Observer
Observer

25 Jul 2021 14:45

Whenever I go into the rings of a planet and see the particles, the ring particles are traveling really fast and are also very pixelated. Any idea what could be causing this and how I can fix it?

Khorrah
Explorer
Explorer

26 Jul 2021 01:16

Whenever I go into the rings of a planet and see the particles, the ring particles are traveling really fast and are also very pixelated. Any idea what could be causing this and how I can fix it?
They are pixelated because I think they're in low resolution in your graphics settings, and they´re really fast because they travel at that speed, you can stop the time. 
Hello, I LOVE lasagna and Space Engine. ♥

My Specs: Intel Core I5 12600K, Corsair Vengeance Pro SL 32GB, MSI Z690-A WIFI DDR4, GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER 8G.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

26 Jul 2021 02:49

Given the file name and other info from that folder, there's a high chance that's 4 files because someone downloaded or copy-pasted the same file four times.
I think you're right.  The weird thing is I remember hitting download only once I don't know how 3 duplicates ended up being downloaded along with the original file.  So I went into my add-on folder and I didn't know if I should put it in the main folder or the subfolder that has my Earth textures, so I put it in both.  Would it matter if I have it in both places?

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer

26 Jul 2021 08:04

I think you're right.  The weird thing is I remember hitting download only once I don't know how 3 duplicates ended up being downloaded along with the original file.  So I went into my add-on folder and I didn't know if I should put it in the main folder or the subfolder that has my Earth textures, so I put it in both.  Would it matter if I have it in both places?
I don't mean to be a negative nelly but your questions are getting trivial in nature. You put the addon in the addons folder. The other files are duplicates so it follows that you can ignore them. Thus, the answer is to just put one of the files in the addons folder since we never specified anything else.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

26 Jul 2021 08:06

I don't mean to be a negative nelly but your questions are getting trivial in nature. You put the addon in the addons folder. The other files are duplicates so it follows that you can ignore them. Thus, the answer is to just put one of the files in the addons folder since we never specified anything else.
It's okay I was confused by it because I downloaded one file so I dont know where the others came from.  And in the root of the add-on folder there are no Earth add-ons, just extra planets and stars but I put it there but also, just in case, I also put a copy in the Earth textures files folder (where my HD add-ons are).

Green Bean Machine
Observer
Observer

26 Jul 2021 10:01

They are pixelated because I think they're in low resolution in your graphics settings, and they´re really fast because they travel at that speed, you can stop the time. 
According to my graphics settings, the volumetric rings quality is set to "high", but they're still pixelated. I also can't change it and set it higher

Green Bean Machine
Observer
Observer

26 Jul 2021 10:04

According to my graphics settings, the volumetric rings quality is set to "high", but they're still pixelated. I also can't change it and set it higher
Also, forgot to note, they only look pixelated when moving fast. When moving slow or standing still they just look kinda blurry

fxmodels
Observer
Observer

26 Jul 2021 15:56

Thank you for the tips... It all worked great! I set keys for accelerating and decelerating time but when I use it, it just says "Time Scale 0x" and doesnt change... It seemed to work for a bit and I could set the time scale but it stopped working and I cant get it to work any longer... Did I somehow turn off time? I didnt see a time disable function in the help...
Join SkyTour LiveStream on Youtube for clear night deep sky tours LIVE from our research grade remotely operated observatory
Listen to SkyTour Radio on KGRAradio.com Sunday Nights 20:00-22:00 ET ... Your Astronomy ONLY show!

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

26 Jul 2021 16:53

Thank you for the tips... It all worked great! I set keys for accelerating and decelerating time but when I use it, it just says "Time Scale 0x" and doesnt change... It seemed to work for a bit and I could set the time scale but it stopped working and I cant get it to work any longer... Did I somehow turn off time? I didnt see a time disable function in the help...
I believe there is a "pause" button. Perhaps you clicked on that?