Ultimate space simulation software

fmb1992
Observer
Observer

Problem with textures and planet terrains

03 Sep 2017 23:31

Hello:

First of all, thanks to the developers for making this awesome software. Second, i'm having some issues related with the textures: the texture of saturn's surface doesn't load and only appears white. The other issues that i'm having are black spots that appear in gas giants when i am at certain distance: if i am too far or too close to the planet, those spots dissappear. I attached the images of the issues and the se.log file. I hope that someone can help me, thanks :).
 ImageImageImage
Attachments
scr00003.jpg
Black Spots
scr00004.jpg
No surface texture on saturn
se.log
(86.76 KiB) Downloaded 569 times

SpaceEngineer
Author of SpaceEngine
Author of SpaceEngine

14 Sep 2017 06:11

This is probably because 0.980 and 0.980e have different Saturn texture specified in the SolarSys.sc.

quarkburger
Observer
Observer

21 Oct 2017 18:54

I'm having texture problems as well. I understand procedural textures on other planets will look better, and they do. But on Earth, the textures I have are not as good as I've seen on the forum. I do have the SolarSysHD and SolarSysUltra directories in my addons. They only slightly improve the textures from stock.

The first picture is a picture of the grand canyon I've seen on the forum. Then is a picture of the grand canyon on my installation. Then is a screen shot of my graphics settings and the log file. 

Thank you
Attachments
grandcanyon.png
mygrandcanyon.png
graphicssettings.png
se.log
(66.18 KiB) Downloaded 564 times

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

21 Oct 2017 19:35

The first picture is a picture of the grand canyon I've seen on the forum. Then is a picture of the grand canyon on my installation
That Grand Canyon is the result of Klud's work on specific areas of celestial objects, you need to download the addons from here.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

quarkburger
Observer
Observer

21 Oct 2017 20:17

The first picture is a picture of the grand canyon I've seen on the forum. Then is a picture of the grand canyon on my installation
That Grand Canyon is the result of Klud's work on specific areas of celestial objects, you need to download the addons from here.
Oh yeah. Klud's work looks very good. Thanks

ultim809
Observer
Observer

21 Nov 2017 14:01

Hi, I have the same problem with no landscape and bad textures. I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan with last drivers. I tried to reinstall the software and change settings, but nothing work. Do you have an idea?
Attachments
se_screenshot.jpg
se.log
(192.66 KiB) Downloaded 550 times

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

26 Nov 2017 17:36

All of my gas giants are just one solid color all of a sudden [img]file:///C:/Users/howar/Desktop/Capture.PNG[/img]any idea on how to fix?
"You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.”- Carl Sagan

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

26 Nov 2017 17:40

aFinapple, use the "add files" button under the text input area if you want to upload an image. Also, please attach your se.log file, it's in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder.
Use F11 or Ctrl-F11 to capture a screenshot from Space Engine.

I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan with last drivers
Is this the first time you see the issue? Did you try by reinstalling your graphic drivers?
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

26 Nov 2017 18:19

here
Attachments
scr00000.jpg
scr00001.jpg
scr00002.jpg
scr00003.jpg
se.log
(57.24 KiB) Downloaded 535 times
"You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.”- Carl Sagan

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

26 Nov 2017 18:29

aFinapple, use the "add files" button under the text input area if you want to upload an image. Also, please attach your se.log file, it's in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder.
Use F11 or Ctrl-F11 to capture a screenshot from Space Engine.
here look at my above post

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

26 Nov 2017 18:52

here look at my above post
Check if you have clouds disabled in the right menu. Procedural gas giants in this version are visible only with clouds and atmosphere layers enabled.

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

26 Nov 2017 19:06

Check if you have clouds disabled in the right menu. Procedural gas giants in this version are visible only with clouds and atmosphere layers enabled.
Thats what it was...woops

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

20 Dec 2017 19:36

I installed the Grand Canyon mod with no problem and love it!! I wish that there were more high res. areas on Earth to download. Esp. in the U.S. If there is I am not aware of it but am new. So if so please someone let me know who or where to go to get other Earth related mods that are high res.. I think that it would be awesome to work on a project starting with the U.S. that you can download sections about the same size as his Mod so people can view their towns and areas. With a little bit of help learning I would not mind helping on a project like that if anyone is interested but someone will have to help me learn a bit to get started.. I would love to have Northern West Virginia in that res. or where I am from. Anyway please let me know if anyone can help or if some more of those already exist, and if anyone would be interested in helping to put together a high res. U.S. model. Thanx for the mod.????!!!!!!!!!

rjracer007
Observer
Observer

21 Dec 2017 18:39

[img][/img]

Since installing the patch 0.9.8.0e the textures are bugean as well.
Intel I5 3.2 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 760 2GB VRAM

Mr.Magnus
Observer
Observer

29 Apr 2019 04:42

I have a problem with literally every texture in the game, on some solar systems and stars and planets, when i turn or look at a specific angle everything glitches out like you've been staring into the sun for 5 mins and you still have the circle in your eye for some time except this is permanent. I really need your guys' help with this everything is just static