Ultimate space simulation software

zVerox
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

Problem with textures and planet terrains

08 Jan 2017 07:15

Hello, i have since i have this game a problem with the textures. When i fly to a random planet and land on it, the textures look really bad. I already have the graphic settings on the highest. In the Space Engine trailer looks everything so beautiful with the mountains and stuff like that. How do i look my game as good as yours? Hope you can help me. 

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

08 Jan 2017 17:22

Hi, could you please attach your se.log which is located in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder, as requested in the topmost message of the Troubleshooting and bug reports - 0980 thread?
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

sino200
Observer
Observer

09 Jan 2017 09:14

Hi, could you please attach your se.log which is located in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder, as requested in the topmost message of the Troubleshooting and bug reports - 0980 thread?
hi i have the same problem
i can't see the landscape clear
the quality is so bad not like the trailer or other youtube videos
here is my se.log and my settings
Attachments
se.log
(67.56 KiB) Downloaded 934 times
main-user.cfg
(36.33 KiB) Downloaded 902 times

zVerox
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

09 Jan 2017 13:49

My problem is fixed, you have to put the planet details (or how ever it is called.. i play on german) on the highest. That worked for me. 
Its on the right site from the graphic settings

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

10 Jan 2017 04:19

Changing parameters in config file and tweaking options in graphics menu can give even better results, but the performance drops dramatically, that's why the quality is quite low as default. However, since videos can be recorded at fixed frame-rate (not depending by game frame-rate), who makes them usually tends to set the best graphics possible.  :)
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

wangzixun
Observer
Observer

19 Jan 2017 13:30

Hi everyone,
I also have trouble regarding the procedural planet textures. The textures are really bad without any bumps, mountains. Far worse than what I see in the other players' screenshots. I have browsed all the posts on this issue and try everything that was told in those posts, but it still remains the same. 
Here are what I did:
1. the cpu is i7 4860HQ, graphic card is GTX980m (3G RAM) with the latest graphic driver
2. the LOD is set to 1.0, I tried 2.0 but it is still the same
3. the game is forced to run on GTX 980M NOT the integrated card
4. I land on procedural planets not solar system planets, tried many different procedural planets already
5. Nothing happened even though I changed the settings according to Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0
6. I reinstalled SE several times
I tried everything I could but in vain. Please help me on this. Thank you all in advance !

cjbutl
Observer
Observer

22 Feb 2017 17:19

Hi everyone,
I also have trouble regarding the procedural planet textures. The textures are really bad without any bumps, mountains. Far worse than what I see in the other players' screenshots. I have browsed all the posts on this issue and try everything that was told in those posts, but it still remains the same. 
Here are what I did:
1. the cpu is i7 4860HQ, graphic card is GTX980m (3G RAM) with the latest graphic driver
2. the LOD is set to 1.0, I tried 2.0 but it is still the same
3. the game is forced to run on GTX 980M NOT the integrated card
4. I land on procedural planets not solar system planets, tried many different procedural planets already
5. Nothing happened even though I changed the settings according to Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0
6. I reinstalled SE several times
I tried everything I could but in vain. Please help me on this. Thank you all in advance !
Hey wangzixun,
I think we are having a similar issue in Space Engine, my specs are similar to yours and I've attempted the same suggestions as you. In fact, I even rolled my driver three months back, but have yet to find a solution.

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

23 Feb 2017 07:00

wangzixun and cjbutl, can you please attach your se.log file in the system subsection of the SpaceEngine folder?
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

LordKvasir
Observer
Observer

23 Feb 2017 11:24

My advice. Upgrade your graphic card if you have the money.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.

cjbutl
Observer
Observer

23 Feb 2017 13:44

wangzixun and cjbutl, can you please attach your se.log file in the system subsection of the SpaceEngine folder?

Attached is my SE log.

I've narrowed down the problem, at least what I suspect it to be. During the initialization of the engine phase, just after ([MT] Loading  shader "data/shaders/Shaders0980.pak/tg_terra_color.glsl")
and just before ([MT] Saving   shader "cache/shaders/NVidia_378.66_4.5.0_4.50/bin/tg_asteroid_glow.bin")

I get a string of errors during the loading of shaders. I'm going to do a clean uninstall and reinstall to see if that solves the problem. But, after inspecting wangzixum SE log - who seems to have a similar issue as me - he doesn't have the same initialization issue that I do, so who knows.  

LordKvasir,My card is a gtx 1080, so I don't believe that to be the issue. 
Attachments
se (5).log
(528.66 KiB) Downloaded 794 times

thel
Observer
Observer

25 Feb 2017 23:50

uh can someone help me? Whenever I move near a selena and only a selena the game crashes. does anyone know how to fix this?

Xoran
Pioneer
Pioneer

26 Feb 2017 05:32

uh can someone help me? Whenever I move near a selena and only a selena the game crashes. does anyone know how to fix this?
Can you please attach your se.log, which is in the system subfolder of the SpaceEngine folder (not the game :) )
You use Add files button in the bottom left of the thing you use to make posts :)
Space is too big to understand, so do not try to understand.

monkeymagoo
Observer
Observer

27 Aug 2017 16:57

I think I'm having the same problem. Surfaces are completely flat. Stars in the distance look like very flat discs too. I've attached a screenshot and also my log. 
se.log
(53.52 KiB) Downloaded 889 times
This is a fresh install with the latest NVidia drivers, Windows 10. 

Please help.
Attachments
spaceengine.png

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

27 Aug 2017 18:38

I think I'm having the same problem. Surfaces are completely flat. Stars in the distance look like very flat discs too. I've attached a screenshot and also my log.
You're on the surface of Mars, which uses real textures and is not a procedural planet. See the FAQ, troubleshooting session, "Planets flat and blurry".
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

monkeymagoo
Observer
Observer

28 Aug 2017 08:03

Thanks Mosfet, new to SE so I should have read that first. I can see terrain on other things now I've had a chance to play around with it a bit more and get out of the solar system.