Mosfet wrote:Hi, could you please attach your se.log which is located in your SpaceEngine/system/ folder, as requested in the topmost message of the Troubleshooting and bug reports - 0980 thread?
wangzixun wrote:Hi everyone,
I also have trouble regarding the procedural planet textures. The textures are really bad without any bumps, mountains. Far worse than what I see in the other players' screenshots. I have browsed all the posts on this issue and try everything that was told in those posts, but it still remains the same.
Here are what I did:
1. the cpu is i7 4860HQ, graphic card is GTX980m (3G RAM) with the latest graphic driver
2. the LOD is set to 1.0, I tried 2.0 but it is still the same
3. the game is forced to run on GTX 980M NOT the integrated card
4. I land on procedural planets not solar system planets, tried many different procedural planets already
5. Nothing happened even though I changed the settings according to Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0
6. I reinstalled SE several times
I tried everything I could but in vain. Please help me on this. Thank you all in advance !
Xoran wrote:wangzixun and cjbutl, can you please attach your se.log file in the system subsection of the SpaceEngine folder?
Attached is my SE log.
I've narrowed down the problem, at least what I suspect it to be. During the initialization of the engine phase, just after ([MT] Loading shader "data/shaders/Shaders0980.pak/tg_terra_color.glsl")
and just before ([MT] Saving shader "cache/shaders/NVidia_378.66_4.5.0_4.50/bin/tg_asteroid_glow.bin")
I get a string of errors during the loading of shaders. I'm going to do a clean uninstall and reinstall to see if that solves the problem. But, after inspecting wangzixum SE log - who seems to have a similar issue as me - he doesn't have the same initialization issue that I do, so who knows.
LordKvasir,My card is a gtx 1080, so I don't believe that to be the issue.
thel wrote:Source of the post uh can someone help me? Whenever I move near a selena and only a selena the game crashes. does anyone know how to fix this?
monkeymagoo wrote:Source of the post I think I'm having the same problem. Surfaces are completely flat. Stars in the distance look like very flat discs too. I've attached a screenshot and also my log.