Ultimate space simulation software

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

General questions about SpaceEngine

28 Sep 2021 15:49

Hello,
I'm just comparing it to software like Stellarium. That's what SE lacks, comparable functionality, for example observing from a point on earth, pointing at a star or an object without zooming in. I'm not a developer, but maybe it's possible to make a script. Just a few more features, and SE would be superior to Stellarium for searching
SE isn't made for that. It's supposed to be used for casual exploration on a universe based off real catalogs - real objects are just a bonus I.E. you're looking into the wrong place if you're wanting a digital observatory like Stellarium.
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer

01 Oct 2021 14:11

Sorry if this has been asked before but in settings>camera what is closer to reality? intergalactic vision on or off? i.e what would an observer see if they were in intergalactic space? I think intergalactic vision must be set to off but that is my uneducated guess :(..
MSIX299MB,[email protected](8C/16T),[email protected](CL16),GTX1080Ti@11GBGDDR5X,OS:WIN10x64@2xSSDSATA3RAID0

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

02 Oct 2021 00:34

Sorry if this has been asked before but in settings>camera what is closer to reality? intergalactic vision on or off? i.e what would an observer see if they were in intergalactic space? I think intergalactic vision must be set to off but that is my uneducated guess :(..
Never saw this setting before, what is intergalactic vision? I just use the ultra preset.

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

02 Oct 2021 07:57

intergalactic vision on or off
Off, think how little light reaches you.

techman1
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

04 Oct 2021 06:50

How is your gameplay on a not-good pc? I have my home pc with a good GPU and CPU, but also want to play from time to time outside of the home. Will it be playable on the "gaming" laptop from 2016? On PC it feels very smooth, but I have some doubts about my laptop. 

Wolffe
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

06 Oct 2021 07:36

Как добавить свою музыку в SE? Я пробовал изменить формат mp3 на .ogg, вставил в папку музыку, запустил SE и выбираю свою подходящую музыку, а дальше уже музыка не играет ... Как исправить ???

GOOGLE TRANSLATE: (edit by FastFourierTransform)
How do I add my own music to SE? I tried to change the mp3 format to .ogg, inserted music into the folder, launched SE and select my suitable music, and then the music no longer plays ... How to fix it ???

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

07 Oct 2021 07:35

For Wat or anyone else who knows, I've been reading Quanta Magazine extensively and one of the things I've become interested in are the two point correlations we've found in Hubble deep space images.  Is there any way to see these in SE?  I'm interested in it because it shows how galaxies evolved in the earliest days of the universe from two particles that spontaneously appeared very early on and then inflation and expansion separated them.  Also interested in finding three point correlations and higher, even though none have been discovered yet.

techman1
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

07 Oct 2021 09:30

Как добавить свою музыку в SE? Я пробовал изменить формат mp3 на .ogg, вставил в папку музыку, запустил SE и выбираю свою подходящую музыку, а дальше уже музыка не играет ... Как исправить ???

How do I add my own music to SE? I tried to change the mp3 format to .ogg, inserted music into the folder, launched SE and select my suitable music, and then the music no longer plays ... How to fix it ???
That's a weird error. I had one back in a day, but I just reinstall mods (if need to reinstall the game) and that should be working. I am using my playlist in the game and everything is alright. 

DevGooD
Observer
Observer

08 Oct 2021 11:31

Друзья, нужна ваша помощь!

Как создать такой эффект на космическом корабле ?

На видео не вода а космический корабль погруженный в ландшафт планеты.
Автор видео не желает делиться как он это сделал.

GOOGLE TRANSLATED (Edit by FastFourierTransform):

Friends, I need your help!
How do you create this effect on a spaceship?
In the video, not water, but a spaceship immersed in the landscape of the planet.
The author of the video does not want to share how he did it.

[youtube]YH9tcN7qUzI[/youtube]

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer

08 Oct 2021 13:33

Друзья, нужна ваша помощь!

Как создать такой эффект на космическом корабле ?

На видео не вода а космический корабль погруженный в ландшафт планеты.
Автор видео не желает делиться как он это сделал.
[youtube]YH9tcN7qUzI[/youtube]
This is best suited as a Mods and Addons topic.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

08 Oct 2021 21:22

That's a weird error. I had one back in a day, but I just reinstall mods (if need to reinstall the game) and that should be working. I am using my playlist in the game and everything is alright. 
I deleted all the default music from the music folder and that did the trick for me.

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer

09 Oct 2021 06:11

I deleted all the default music from the music folder and that did the trick for me.
From the SpaceEngine\data\music folder? You should not be touching that. You should be making all changes to the game through a proxy folder in addons.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

09 Oct 2021 23:38

From the SpaceEngine\data\music folder? You should not be touching that. You should be making all changes to the game through a proxy folder in addons.
oh if I want to use different music?  Thanks I didn't know that- I did save the default music into a music2 folder I made as backup but I wanted to do a completely different playlist so I replaced the music there with other stuff.

and0uille
Observer
Observer

25 Oct 2021 04:17

Spacecraft ephermides
Hi everyone,
I managed to import a spaceraft in Space Engine, my goal is to use a NASA ephemeris (like these : https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/horizons/app.html#/ ) to reproduce in Space Engine a spacecraft "real-life trajectory". After reading carefully the changelogs and the documentation, my intuition is that it is not implemented yet (though I'm new to Space Engine and I may have missed something!).
Do you know what the current status for this feature is?
Cheers

Messier83
Observer
Observer

20 Nov 2021 10:53

Uhm its 2022 and im gonna ask for now...
Since most of the Midrange/Top Midrange phones are now more Powerful than 5 years old Loptop/PC..
Can i ask again if there's a chance that space Engine can be developed Cross platform to Andriod/IOS phones...
Since the Other PC developers like Universe Sandbox are now also developing Cross platform of their App..