Ultimate space simulation software

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

31 May 2021 18:02

Rulix` wrote:
thanks for the link, Doc is one of my favorite people and he presents some really good ideas about how (what I call omniverse rather than multiverse) would work.

What you call? I've been using that word since 2009 in my series "The Origin of the Omniverse"

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

01 Jun 2021 04:09

A-L-E-X, I banned the spambot and deleted those posts because they were quoting your own posts from 2020.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

01 Jun 2021 18:00

Thanks!  It's hard for me to tell who's spam from who isn't, unless we just go by low number of posts.  I see we've got a lot of people with just 1-2 posts, I wonder if they're all spam?

jjliang
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

02 Jun 2021 17:57

Have every real Earth satellite, space telescope, manned space capsule, space station, and space probe be included. Also, have the entire life cycle of the Solar System, from protostar to white dwarf, be simulated. Special points of interest include the formation of the Moon, continental drift on Earth, and the final destruction of the Solar System as the Sun ages into a red giant.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

04 Jun 2021 23:27

Autopilot for aviation mode!  This should be fairly easy to accomplish.  I like making long 12 hour videos and while this is easy to do in space flight mode (you just have to calculate speed and distance to your destination and just let it run) it can't be done during planetary fly overs because you tend to crash on the surface or fly off into space if you're not constantly adjusting the controls and I am NOT going to be sitting at my computer for 12 hours lol.  There should be an autopilot mode that maintains a specific distance above the surface of a planet or moon while flying over it so that up to 12 hour videos can be made capturing planetary landscapes and day/night transitions.

In addition to that something else that should be fairly easy to do is a directional compass for when flying over planets and moons.

jjliang
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

19 Jun 2021 05:38

Askaniy's True Color Tools should be implemented to make all Solar System objects be recolored to have their "actual" colors.

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer

21 Jun 2021 03:24

Sorry if this has been suggested before - its an old one:
While controlling a ship on the left-hand top side of the screen where the details of the selected object is shown, in this case the ship's details, the nearest body is actually the gravitational influence body. So it should say Influence body as on the top right hand side where the orbital elements are shown. In addition a nearest body indicator could also be displayed for e.g. directly bellow or above the influence body, which would indicate the actual nearest body to the user's controlled ship. Its not a big deal but its been around for a few years now and since SE aims for scientific accuracy I think it could be a nice little tiny fix :):