Ultimate space simulation software

Joka
Observer
Observer

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

06 Sep 2021 06:50

Space Engine not launching, because always (I tried all ways to fix and nothing helped me) I give me this message:
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).
Click OK to close application.
Please help me.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

06 Sep 2021 09:20

Joka, this question should be placed in Troubleshooting and bug reports - 0990

Try and reinstall OpenAL, be sure to uninstall it if installed already, reboot your computer, download OpenAL from here https://www.openal.org/downloads/oalinst.zip, install it and reboot your computer again. 
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

harmonicGF3
Observer
Observer

12 Sep 2021 21:39

Would be nice to have a "reset to default" option for the settings.
Preferably a reset button for each category in settings.
(For now I'm just deleting the config file to reset).      
Discord : supersonic71#4504

Scienceboy999
Observer
Observer

14 Oct 2021 15:25

Hi. I have found a very --very-- minor bug. I was looking at some historical comets and their locations now, and I noticed that the Great Comet of 1680, AKA Kirch, AKA Newton, AKA C/1680 V1, has the texture of a hot asteroid, rather than a cold one, as would be expected given its great distance from the Sun. Not even remotely an issue, just somehting I thought I should mention. Thanks and have a great day:)

Julian
Explorer
Explorer

25 Nov 2021 12:21

This planet clearly has a nearly 90° axial tilt relative to its sun, but its stats give its axial tilt as 27°, because that's its inclination relative to its orbit around the planetary barycenter. Can barycenters be ignored when calculating axial tilt?

Arigato
Observer
Observer

30 Nov 2021 03:50

Scienceboy999, I've seen this many times. Icy comets somehow often look like molten asteroids though it is even impossible, they would simply melt.

Julian, I doubt this can even exist irl. If it's double planet then it can't have a significant tilt because tidal force.