Ultimate space simulation software

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Topic Author

Mosfet Space-y Mods

24 Jun 2017 06:08

does your skylone cockpit work with jarschel's tuned skylone mod from his space flight school?
Skylone with cockpit posted in OP it has indeed warp 8, retro and hover engines. Compared with jarschel's Skylone it lacks a bit of power, though.
Fortunately, in order to reach the same maneuverability there are only few numbers to change, so here's a small .pak file to be placed in addons/ folder. It will add a Skylone w/cockpit with the same specifications of Jarschel's training version.
It's a fix, so it still needs the Skylone w/cockpit pak in the opening post.

Edit: See the other patch
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

SpaceNer
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Mosfet Space-y Mods

26 Jun 2017 14:14

I have a bug, when i try to land the habitats on with tracking, it doesn't go on the ground all the way, it floats right above the ground. it only goes down a bit when spawned. And when the planet rotates, as it rotates the ship floats up a little and flops a round.
Also where did you get the ship model of the space engineer astronaut?

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Topic Author

Mosfet Space-y Mods

27 Jun 2017 04:52

I have a bug, when i try to land the habitats on with tracking, it doesn't go on the ground all the way, it floats right above the ground.
Unfortunately it's not a bug, it depends on how terrain generation is done in SE 0.9.8.0. Sometimes goes also underground a bit.
And when the planet rotates, as it rotates the ship floats up a little and flops a round.
Hence my advice of stopping time once the habitat is placed as intended.
Maybe I should expand a bit the instructions.
When the habitat stops above the ground, floating, in order to make it touch the surface you have to press Shift-F2. This will open the Ship Editor window to the right. Then you can operate with position and rotation buttons until you have the habitat placed correctly.
Once you've done, hit space bar to stop time.

This is only an exercise to get the impression of "Space Engine with buildings" in 0.9.8.0 version, but they behave like ships anyway, so they unfortunately move away with time.
In the next version SE code will be better equipped to maintain structures in orbit or at ground level.

Also where did you get the ship model of the space engineer astronaut?
I answered you here: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=80#p9021
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

Mosfet Space-y Mods

29 Sep 2017 14:49

Some scribbles that could become something, or maybe not...
Your ARCA II work-in-progress looks interesting. Any progress on this project?
-Alex

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Topic Author

Mosfet Space-y Mods

30 Sep 2017 04:30

Any progress on this project?
I was trying to fix some issues I had with docking ports (docking corridors are not visible), but it's all there. Except for some gigantic remote manipulator "à la" Canadarm I was drawing last year but probably I'll start again.
A reference to O'Neill Cylinders from DoctorOfSpace recently made me explore the idea, so I'm also working on that.

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

Mosfet Space-y Mods

30 Sep 2017 12:59

Any progress on this project?
I was trying to fix some issues I had with docking ports (docking corridors are not visible), but it's all there. Except for some gigantic remote manipulator "à la" Canadarm I was drawing last year but probably I'll start again.
A reference to O'Neill Cylinders from DoctorOfSpace recently made me explore the idea, so I'm also working on that.
I remember building an O'Neill cylinder for Orbiter. I used Falcon 4.0 terrain tiles on the inside. :)
The problem I have with docking corridors is I think the offset position should be defined by the docking ship, not the ship being docked to, i.e., they should line up with the cockpit of the ship you are flying.
But hey... would love to see either of these projects.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Topic Author

Mosfet Space-y Mods

24 Oct 2017 18:25

MannedSpace Corp O'Neill Station

Based on the concept of O'Neill cylinder, this is a space station that proved to be a bit of a challenge for my computer (9-10 FPS), so I include three different versions with a variable number of structures. There's also a shuttle included for evacuation purposes, 16 docks for CloseSpace Corp Skylone class ships and 6 CS Corp Shuttle class.
It needs ePayload SE 0.31 modules addon.
Place the .pak files under addons/.
By using this addon in the next SE version, you'll find a station placed in Earth-Moon Lagrangian point L5 (not exactly, but...).

MannedSpace Corp O'Neill Station addon download - tested with SE 0.980+

MTL and OBJ files for the objects included in this addon are available as a separated download.
Suggestions are welcomed.
Attachments
scr00040.jpg
O'Neill Station
scr00038.jpg
Internal Structures
scr00042.jpg
Shuttlepod docks
Last edited by Mosfet on 27 Oct 2017 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

ePayload
Observer
Observer

Mosfet Space-y Mods

27 Oct 2017 08:13

I hope all these things can be done in spaceship Spacecraft editor. And without low fps.
I continue to work on supporting the libraries of modules in the editor.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Topic Author

Mosfet Space-y Mods

27 Oct 2017 09:19

I continue to work on supporting the libraries of modules in the editor
Thanks, custom libraries will open up an entire universe of possibilities!
As for the low fps, I'm testing a different type of tree that hopefully will result in a lower number of faces without being too much Minecraft-like.

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Topic Author

Mosfet Space-y Mods

26 Nov 2017 18:32

Space Flight School Skylone with cockpit - Jarschel Edition
I added a small logo to the hull of a Skylone, and altered a bit colors to make it look slightly different from the default Skylone. It's an elaboration in substitution of the patch I previously made few posts ago as a companion for the Jarschel's Space Flight School manual.
scr00065.jpg
Slightly changed colors
scr00061.jpg
This patch, like the other one, needs ePayload SE 0.31 modules addon and Shuttle cockpits pak.
Attachments
MSC-SpaceFlightSchoolShuttleCockpit.pak
to be placed in the addons/ folder
(689.15 KiB) Downloaded 661 times

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Topic Author

Mosfet Space-y Mods

29 Nov 2017 20:00

Added the Arca 2 Colonizer to the MannedSpaceCorp pak in OP. Needs ePayload modules.
Attachments
scr00067.jpg
Arca 2 Colonizer

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

Mosfet Space-y Mods

02 Feb 2018 00:00

Ive been patiently waiting for more of your mods lol

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

Mosfet Space-y Mods

10 Feb 2018 04:43

Space Engine Screensaver for Windows:

A simple screensaver in .scr format with a selection of Full HD images from the Universe section of the website. Now with smoother transitions, 10s between images.
Download SpaceEngine.scr (9.3 MB) for Windows XP/7/8/10
Can you make a tutorial for how to instal because double click doesn't install the screensaver but start it.
► Information

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Topic Author

Mosfet Space-y Mods

10 Feb 2018 14:03

Sure!
Installation instructions for the screensaver (for MS Windows 10)

Step 1:
Download the screensaver file. (If it's a zipped file, extract the .scr file)

Step 2:
Place the file in C:\Windows\ folder.

Step 3:
Open the contextual menu from the Desktop by using the right mouse button and choose the "personalize" tool as in Fig.1.

Step 4:
Use the searching field to the left to find the Screen saver options tool like in Fig. 2.

Step 3:
Choose the SpaceEngine screensaver from the drop-down list. The screensaver will start right away but ignore it, just close it by hitting the "Esc" key on your keyboard. Click on the "Apply" button. See Fig. 3.

Enjoy your Space Engine screensaver!
Attachments
Fig.1.png
Fig. 1
Fig.2.png
Fig. 2
Fig.2.png (37.61 KiB) Viewed 8891 times
Fig.3.png
Fig. 3
Fig.3.png (17.31 KiB) Viewed 8891 times

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Topic Author

Mosfet Space-y Mods

25 Jul 2018 15:02

I prepared a Jupiter surface map mod with the 14K map by Björn Jónsson, with a slight bump map effect.

Download for Space Engine 0980 (102 MB)

Place the pak file under /addons folder.
scr00022.jpg