Ultimate space simulation software

Leyo
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Space Exploration Bot V8

19 Jan 2022 01:27

Space Exploration Bot (SEB) is a tool made both for automated exploration and relaxation. It reveals all the beauty of this game and also the variety you wouldn't have seen by yourself.

You can download the add-on from the Steam Workshop : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2689038344

It is a Autohotkey script that generates SE scripts in live, providing smooth camera moves.

-you can choose to make the game plays all alone undefinitly without your intervention, or to keep control of the destinations choosen.
-you can choose to visit fully random places (to discover new ones) or your saved locations (for the most beautiful scenes).
-you can choose to focus your travels inside a single galaxy.
-you can choose what kind of places will be included in your travels. It goes up to the planets surface.
-you can define several parameters of flight speed and display options.
-other things i forgot.

All details are explained in the readme file of the add-on.
Last edited by Leyo on 18 Feb 2022 01:25, edited 1 time in total.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Space Exploration Bot V7

19 Jan 2022 06:58

Question- why do you keep having to make new ones?  Do the old ones stop working?  Also, if I download it will it automatically update to the newest one or do I have to keep downloading new ones manually?

Also, two other questions, specifically because I want to make 12 hour movies.  Does it model flight simulation mode and cockpit views, there are a couple of ships I really like to use (they have 8 cameras each with lots of cockpit views), can I make this add-on use those ships specifically and will it automatically calculate trajectory or speed to the planet or star or through the galaxy (if I want to do a galaxy tour rather than land on a planet) or do I input those numbers myself?  And let's say I want to fly over a planet at a specific distance (for example 1 km above the surface) for 12 hours, do I have to set the numbers for that myself in my ship or will the add-on do it for me?  Thanks!

Leyo
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Space Exploration Bot V7

19 Jan 2022 12:03

1)Question- why do you keep having to make new ones?  Do the old ones stop working?  Also, if I download it will it automatically update to the newest one or do I have to keep downloading new ones manually?

2)Also, two other questions, specifically because I want to make 12 hour movies.  Does it model flight simulation mode and cockpit views, there are a couple of ships I really like to use (they have 8 cameras each with lots of cockpit views), can I make this add-on use those ships specifically

3)and will it automatically calculate trajectory or speed to the planet or star or through the galaxy (if I want to do a galaxy tour rather than land on a planet) or do I input those numbers myself? 

4)And let's say I want to fly over a planet at a specific distance (for example 1 km above the surface) for 12 hours, do I have to set the numbers for that myself in my ship or will the add-on do it for me?  Thanks!
1)I've kept making new ones because i've kept upgrading it each time, with new features or optimisations/changes. Since V6 you don't have to re-download a new add-on each time : all new updates will be on the same steam page, and you'll be proposed to update automatically when you will launch the script.

2)Sadly, scripts are not usable on ships in Space Engine.

3)It all calculates everything recursively depending on the kind of your destination and depending on the speed parameters. You just have the possibility to modify speed factor of certain stages in the travel, but absolute numbers will be calculated each time.

4)for surface tours, things are pretty locked, because script cannot use surface height, but it uses sea level...  The height relative to this sea level is hardcoded at 10km, to avoid hitting mountains. It is not possible to change this value. Also surface tour are not designed to stay for hours on the surface, since it horizons just once, so you'll be slighlty getting off the surface within time. Those tours are mostly made to appreciate a sunrise.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Space Exploration Bot V7

20 Jan 2022 00:30

1)Question- why do you keep having to make new ones?  Do the old ones stop working?  Also, if I download it will it automatically update to the newest one or do I have to keep downloading new ones manually?

2)Also, two other questions, specifically because I want to make 12 hour movies.  Does it model flight simulation mode and cockpit views, there are a couple of ships I really like to use (they have 8 cameras each with lots of cockpit views), can I make this add-on use those ships specifically

3)and will it automatically calculate trajectory or speed to the planet or star or through the galaxy (if I want to do a galaxy tour rather than land on a planet) or do I input those numbers myself? 

4)And let's say I want to fly over a planet at a specific distance (for example 1 km above the surface) for 12 hours, do I have to set the numbers for that myself in my ship or will the add-on do it for me?  Thanks!
1)I've kept making new ones because i've kept upgrading it each time, with new features or optimisations/changes. Since V6 you don't have to re-download a new add-on each time : all new updates will be on the same steam page, and you'll be proposed to update automatically when you will launch the script.

2)Sadly, scripts are not usable on ships in Space Engine.

3)It all calculates everything recursively depending on the kind of your destination and depending on the speed parameters. You just have the possibility to modify speed factor of certain stages in the travel, but absolute numbers will be calculated each time.

4)for surface tours, things are pretty locked, because script cannot use surface height, but it uses sea level...  The height relative to this sea level is hardcoded at 10km, to avoid hitting mountains. It is not possible to change this value. Also surface tour are not designed to stay for hours on the surface, since it horizons just once, so you'll be slighlty getting off the surface within time. Those tours are mostly made to appreciate a sunrise.
It looks like this could still be usable for my videos....4) is what I am most interested in right now.  How long would you say it would stay 10 km above the surface of a planet?  Enough to cross a few mountain ranges, for example?  Also can I make a tour last for 12 hours, visiting several planets and going to different galaxies all in one tour that lasts that long or do I have to sequentially set a new destination each time it leaves a planet?  Since you said it is programmed to view sunrises and sunsets does it mean it will automatically approach a planet on its daylit side?

Leyo
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Space Exploration Bot V7

20 Jan 2022 01:25

It looks like this could still be usable for my videos....4) is what I am most interested in right now. 
1)How long would you say it would stay 10 km above the surface of a planet?  Enough to cross a few mountain ranges, for example?

2)  Also can I make a tour last for 12 hours, visiting several planets and going to different galaxies all in one tour that lasts that long or do I have to sequentially set a new destination each time it leaves a planet? 

3)Since you said it is programmed to view sunrises and sunsets does it mean it will automatically approach a planet on its daylit side?
1)It will always depends on the radius of the planet, but yeah, you will stay at least several minutes before getting off the athmosphere... we talk about an angle of 1 or 2 degrees here... (in Manual Mode only. In all other modes, the camera will fly to another destination after some seconds).

2)you can let the script runs undefinitly and chain  different planets as long as you want, changing galaxy or staying in the same one for the next 200 planets to visit, all of that  without your intervention. The script will define by itself the destinations. As it is now, it is totally comptabile with streaming videos. The main goal of this scirpt is to let the game travels all alone, and takes you to places like if you were a tourist in a bus tour ;) .

3) It will approach the planet in an random way, but then it will position on the equator and orbit before getting down to the surface at the sunrise. To have a precise idea, you can check this video, the planet tour is the first example : https://youtu.be/TJe-SvzQdh0

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Space Exploration Bot V7

20 Jan 2022 16:35

It looks like this could still be usable for my videos....4) is what I am most interested in right now. 
1)How long would you say it would stay 10 km above the surface of a planet?  Enough to cross a few mountain ranges, for example?

2)  Also can I make a tour last for 12 hours, visiting several planets and going to different galaxies all in one tour that lasts that long or do I have to sequentially set a new destination each time it leaves a planet? 

3)Since you said it is programmed to view sunrises and sunsets does it mean it will automatically approach a planet on its daylit side?
1)It will always depends on the radius of the planet, but yeah, you will stay at least several minutes before getting off the athmosphere... we talk about an angle of 1 or 2 degrees here... (in Manual Mode only. In all other modes, the camera will fly to another destination after some seconds).

2)you can let the script runs undefinitly and chain  different planets as long as you want, changing galaxy or staying in the same one for the next 200 planets to visit, all of that  without your intervention. The script will define by itself the destinations. As it is now, it is totally comptabile with streaming videos. The main goal of this scirpt is to let the game travels all alone, and takes you to places like if you were a tourist in a bus tour ;) .

3) It will approach the planet in an random way, but then it will position on the equator and orbit before getting down to the surface at the sunrise. To have a precise idea, you can check this video, the planet tour is the first example : https://youtu.be/TJe-SvzQdh0
Thanks it's very interesting!  Is it possible for the add-on to select the best planets to visit within a given radius or galaxy?  Sometimes I have trouble finding interesting planets to tour and would like an add-on to automatically find the most visually pleasing planets to visit!  Can I set a time limit of 12 hours for the script to run and it will find as many interesting planets as it can find in that time?

Wow I loved the video, Jean!  It reminds me I want to tour nebulae, globular clusters and galaxies too.  Is there a way to do a tour of all Messier objects for example?  How about all NGC/IC objects?  Just select an entire catalog rather than individual objects?  Or how about an entire class of objects (like all emission nebulae, or all planetary nebulae, or all globular clusters, or galaxies or even black holes?)

Leyo
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Space Exploration Bot V7

21 Jan 2022 01:36

-How a script would know that a planet is the most visually pleasing ? Best workaround i see is to to test the class of planets or composition but still, that would make the wjhole process way too fragile. No, it is not possible , to be honest.

-there's no such functionnalities for limiting the running time. But i guess it can still be done with windows task scheduler or something similar, just like you program your computer to turn off.

-Going deeper in object filtering would complexify a lot and i don't think it is technically possible. But, there is an absolute way to control the content of your tour : the saved locations. On my side i made several saved locations files that i switch depending on what i want to visit. You could have one file made of Messier locations, another with NGC objects, etc... and just  switch the places-user.cfg file.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

Space Exploration Bot V7

21 Jan 2022 15:07

-How a script would know that a planet is the most visually pleasing ? Best workaround i see is to to test the class of planets or composition but still, that would make the wjhole process way too fragile. No, it is not possible , to be honest.

-there's no such functionnalities for limiting the running time. But i guess it can still be done with windows task scheduler or something similar, just like you program your computer to turn off.

-Going deeper in object filtering would complexify a lot and i don't think it is technically possible. But, there is an absolute way to control the content of your tour : the saved locations. On my side i made several saved locations files that i switch depending on what i want to visit. You could have one file made of Messier locations, another with NGC objects, etc... and just  switch the places-user.cfg file.
Oh that sounds good, I already do that with music, so I could just have different files of saved objects and just swap them back and forth.
I use the built in task scheduler in OBS to limit videos to 12 hours so I suppose I could do that for making the videos.
For the type of planets I want to exclude certain types, so they would have to have an atmosphere of at least 0.1 atm but not more than 100 atm.  My main interest is bringing out the vivid sky colors during sunrise and sunset (which you said the program is good for) so I was thinking if this one limit could be applied it would help a lot-- if the atmosphere is too thin the colors are faded and if the atmosphere is too thick, it looks a bit dirty.

Leyo
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Space Exploration Bot V7

22 Jan 2022 02:21

I see, yes, that could be a workaround, but not for SEB as he can't read that far in the game. But i Heard there's someone working on a ESI 1 finder, i guess this kind of tool would be more able to find a planet with precises parameters.

centri3
Observer
Observer

Space Exploration Bot V7

22 Jan 2022 12:04

I see, yes, that could be a workaround, but not for SEB as he can't read that far in the game. But i Heard there's someone working on a ESI 1 finder, i guess this kind of tool would be more able to find a planet with precises parameters.
that's me, "sadly" ive lost motivation for it and esi hunting in general.
though from what ive read here it wouldn't do exactly what you want it to (mainly automating the starbrowser, cataloging finds, etc. not really touring specific planets it finds and such)
 i don't think what you're looking for is even possible to create with the current scripting system, unless seb is updated to tour a selected planet of your own rather than a random planet, that's probably the only way to get that to work tbh without a complete overhaul of se scripts

Leyo
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Space Exploration Bot V8

18 Feb 2022 01:28

Version 8 is up!

Main new feature is randomisation settings : you can specify what type of galaxie/star/planet to find ! results are not guaranteed but chances of success are greatly improved .

Several new options alongside, like smooth departures and orbit lanes displays.

CN_SE_USER
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Space Exploration Bot V8

24 Apr 2022 04:57

Is this addon based on AutoHotKey program?