Ultimate space simulation software

Leyo
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

Space Exploration Bot (V4)

09 Nov 2021 04:57

Hi everyone,

You will find here the last release of the Space Exploration Bot script : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2649360147

The goal of this script is to make the game plays alone undefinitly, making smooth travels between saved or random locations.
This can be used as an animated diaporama, an immersion or relaxation support, and is also good at revealing all the beauty of this game.
It also include a little exploration gameplay mode.

The script can apply on any object you have saved. It can also generate random places you never visited before.
You can filter what kind of objects the script will make you visit.
You will land on planets that are landable.
You can set up different speed for each phase of your travel so that it suits perfectly to your own usage.
There is also a manual mode which allow you to trigger a tour with the center function on any object you selected in-game.
And other features.

I hope you'll like it !

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

10 Nov 2021 00:16

Does this set automated warp speeds for space ships and fly over the surface like an airship when you are on a planet, etc-- without crashing or flying off into space? I want to use it for 12 hour automated videos but I'm wondering if it can be set not to repeat anything and run for 12 hours?

Leyo
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

10 Nov 2021 01:57

Hello, 
scripts can't be applied in Flight simulator.
It is usable only in planetarium mode.

Of course if you don't have many locations saved, it will end up repeating them. The more locations you have, the more randomness it creates.

about the surface flying, i tried the flyover descent workaround but stopped after 40 hours+ of trying : there are mechanics bugged with the sea altitude of the planets, and an orbital descent would take real hours considering many other paramaters (sun position/angle of approach * planet radius, that kind of things). 
The planet surface tour is a vertical landing followed by a flyover of the close surface. there is an exemple in the beginning of this video : 

Due to this sea altitude level bug, it cant' be optimised for each planets. But it has been calibrated on terras. That means, on some planet you hit the ground, while on other you'll be 50 km high.

And no, even in manual mode and in a correct situation, the last flyover is not horizoning so youl'be slighlty getting off the surface in time, and in 12 hours yes you'll reach space.
In automatic mode, the camera will fly to a new target after some seconds of flying, so you won't have to worry about that.