Ultimate space simulation software

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

Universe Sandbox to SE File Converter

26 Oct 2020 14:09

Hi
I test your tool, your program maybe work (I see the black window) but in output folder, it haven't output files.
Can you find why ?
Attachments
simulation.zip
The file in input folder
(491.09 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
► Information

earth
Astronaut
Astronaut

01 Nov 2020 06:26

Hi
I test your tool, your program maybe work (I see the black window) but in output folder, it haven't output files.
Can you find why ?
it needs a update

earth
Astronaut
Astronaut

01 Nov 2020 06:28

update it
Have you got anything that's actually helpful to say? Or are you asking for bigger version numbers for the sake of bigger version numbers?
bugs

earth
Astronaut
Astronaut

20 Apr 2021 17:19

The error here has to do with the classification of the white dwarf. The converter is not picking up the star's type, which is causing the rest of the program to fail. There is nothing I can do to fix this with this version of the converter because the code is bad, but in the next version of the converter which I plan on releasing very soon, this will not be a problem. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, but you will have to wait until I can get the code updated for this to work. 
it looks like it is never gonna get release i have the same bug

tikus_kotoran
Observer
Observer

17 Jun 2021 06:07

this doesnt work for me at all, i just get a black screen?
joe mama

longname
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: ∞/The Multiverse/The Universe/Local Cluster/The Milky Way/Orion Arm/Sol System/Earth-Moon/Earth/UK

11 Jul 2021 09:41

9/30/20 - The current version of the converter is not totally accurate, but me and another great developer are working on updating it now. The updated version will be posted here when it is complete. It will be completed soon, so stay posted if you are interested. For now, use the converter linked above as a good starting point for file conversion. 
Oh great! How are things going?
[dah<500,26>dah<180,14>dah<180,21>dah<500,19>dah<180,26>dah<500,21>]

SFGameZ64
Astronaut
Astronaut
Topic Author

Re: Universe Sandbox to SE File Converter

01 Aug 2022 16:47

Image US2 to SE Converter 1.2.zip(509.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
8/1/22
So I kind of forgot about this old project for a while and realized I never did post that update. That's my bad, lol. Life got busy, what can I say. But after a comment on my YouTube video reminded me people might still find this useful, I decided better late than never. The 1.2 version of the converter is leaps and bounds better than the last public version. It turns out that my first attempt at the equations got some things embarrassingly wrong. I'll credit that to my inexperience. Whoops.

That being said, the perfectionist in me is still left wishing the final product was better. There just isn't a 1-1 translation from US to SE. And I haven't tested it a whole lot recently. I just wanted to get this posted. Also, I didn't work on this alone. The very helpful Roshex wrote basically all of the code that "classifies" planets and stars (and then some). It works much better than mine did, and it looks like magic to my eyes, so I left it the way it was. And I'm very grateful for the work he volunteered to put in.

Anyways, this is probably the last time I'll update this. It isn't getting much better than it is (unless someone fixes obliquity, then hit me up). I wanted to add some QoL things, like planet colors, but SE doesn't play nice with colors anymore. Feel free to take a look at the GitHub page (https://github.com/SethFusion/US2-to-SE-Converter), and if you see something you think could be better, you have my full permission to fork and post your changes. Universe Sandbox's file structure changes almost every time they update, so it will likely be necessary for someone in the community to update for compatibility. The groundwork is laid though. 

Glad I could contribute to the community, and I hope a few people find this useful. 
Better known as Seth Fusion
A little generator I made - http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=27881#p27881