Ultimate space simulation software

Arturo100
Explorer
Explorer

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

30 Apr 2020 18:35

Could this be recreated for 980 and 990?
NGC2020-2014.jpg
NGC2020-2014.jpg (18.78 KiB) Viewed 7141 times
With the amount of bizarre creatures on Earth, I doubt aliens would look like humans with skull deformations or skin conditions.

spacenginesimulator
Observer
Observer

A Tall Ship and a Star to Steer Her By

04 Jul 2020 17:09

Hello! I've been using Space Engine for my science fiction world I'm writing for some time now, I find it to be very good for these kinds of things. I have a request to ask of anyone who'll listen. I'm sure that many people have asked this before, and I probably won't be the last. I would like to fly the U.N.S.C. vessels from the Halo franchise. I find them much more aesthetically pleasing than most other ships, especially the Stalwart-class frigate In Amber Clad.
this is impressive

claudeir2323
Observer
Observer

29 Aug 2020 10:01

Tenho uma ideia que gostaria que fosse possível realizar no "SPACE ENGINE". Sobre o "UNIVERSO OBSERVAVEL"... Existe um livro chamado "O LIVRO DE URÂNTIA" que apresenta uma visão interessante além do universo observável, gostaria que expandissem mais as fronteiras do mesmo segundo o livro de URÂNTIA... Vejam como é apresentado o "GRANDE UNIVERSO" segundo o livro no link abaixo (Modo completo)... https://www.urantia.org/pt/o-livro-de-urantia/documento-15-os-sete-superuniversos Porém Irei resumir aqui (Caso prefiram assim)... De acordo com essa grande revelação chamada de O Livro de Urântia, este universo que contemplamos não é mais que uma ínfima e quase ridícula fração de todo um Universo-Mestre, também chamado de Universo de Universos, e reúne a totalidade do espaço astronômico criado. O Universo de Universos está conformado pelo que se pode qualificar de Grande Universo, habitado ou habitável num futuro próximo e, por outra parte, do Espaço Exterior, ainda totalmente inabitado. Resumindo ao extremo, este Grande Universo é formado pelo Universo Central chamado Havona, localizado à volta da Ilha Estacionária do Paraíso; e um total de sete superuniversos que giram em sentido anti-horário ao redor de Havona, seguindo uma trajetória elíptica enormemente alongada e plana. Cada um dos sete superuniversos é uma criação inacabada. Surgem e organizam-se, constantemente, novas nebulosas. Orvônton tem um diâmetro de uns 500 mil anos-luz, com um total até o momento, de mais de dez trilhões de sóis. Cada um destes sete superuniversos que gravitam em torno do Universo Central de Havona se acha dividido, administrativamente falando, da seguinte forma: Cada superuniverso é dividido em 10 Setores Maiores.
Os setores maiores, por sua vez, formam 100 Setores Menores.
Cada setor menor abrange um total de 100 Universos Locais (criados ou por criar).
Um Universo Local consta de 100 Constelações (criadas ou por criar).
Cada Constelação é integrada por 100 Sistemas.
Finalmente, cada sistema reúne cerca de 1000 planetas (habitados ou por habitar).
Disposto em números, cada um dos sete superuniversos conta com: 10 (dez) Setores Maiores;
1000 (mil) Setores Menores;
100.000 (cem mil) Universos Locais;
10.000.000 (dez milhões) de Constelações;
1.000.000.000 (um bilhão) de Sistemas; e aproximadamente;
1.000.000.000.000 (um trilhão) de planetas habitados ou habitáveis no futuro.
Cada uma dessas divisões administrativas acha-se regida por uma capital, sede do correspondente Quartel General Administrativo. As imagens se assemelham a isto: Segue links... https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9lN0mQIgYEc/Tw3Sr_5bHpI/AAAAAAAAMyg/-XdcVs5RT6Y/s1600/Master_Universe_Map_by_ANTIFAN_REAL.jpg Image
https://slideplayer.com.br/slide/13764351/85/images/46/Divis%C3%A3o+administrativa+dos+superuniversos.jpg Image

https://www.monografias.com/trabajos109/gran-sistema-universal-y-rebelion-lucifer/image002.jpg

Finalizo expressando que o "Universo Observável" é uma parte do SETOR MAIOR do 7 Superuniverso ao qual nós pertencemos, observando então que existe muito mais além destes. Imaginem só a imensidão grandiosa seria no SPACE ENGINE conseguir tamanha façanha. Minha gratidão pela atenção e compreensão de todos que olharam esta ideia magnifica... Anseio muito ver o Universo Observável se expandir...

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

29 Aug 2020 19:49

claudeir2323, this is an English speaking forum. If you can, please write your posts in English or use an online translator. Please also don't replicate your posts in other threads. This did not belong in the science and astronomy questions thread.

For your suggestion, the Space Engine universe is based on scientific understanding and data of the real observable universe. It has a realistic distribution of galaxies and stars within those galaxies. The idea you present here does not appear to be based on any data, so it is not something we could implement. If you would like to make it as something like a fantasy mod or add on, you may certainly do that, however. Instructions for how to make add-ons can be found here.

Welcome to the forums!

Kashi-Kukku
Observer
Observer

10 Nov 2020 22:43

I have no idea if anyone has even made this for SE, but I really want to see Space BattleShip Yamato as a mod.
Attachments
1024x576.jpeg

SuperMarioFan126
Astronaut
Astronaut

17 Nov 2020 00:31

I'd love to see Among Us mods for SE, honestly

And yes, for both 0.980 and 0.990
We always need to add more boosters.

CJYarborough
Observer
Observer

17 Nov 2020 12:41

I would be blown away if someone would create the Viper fighter and the recon Raptor from the Battlestar Galactica series (the newest series); not JUST the ships though but also the cockpit views.  I have a close friend who is a 3-D animator and artist who could probably do this, but he doesn't play video games hardly at all (except for obscure JRPGs).  He would probably be willing to create the assets needed for this, but because I haven't the slightest idea about creating mods and 3-D assets and what not, I would need to be able to convey to him exactly what format would be best for importing into Space Engine as a mod.  So, if anyone is interested in the above suggested mod(s)/addons, please comment so, and I will try to get that ball rolling.
I love me some f****** space.

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

26 Nov 2020 16:35

EARTH 512k and EARTH 256k      Hi everyone. I was wandering what is the highest earth texture download anywhere available? Also I noticed an old celestia post of someone wanting to make an Earth 512k res texture. So I started to search and found that there is 2 mondels available on turbo squid  one of and Earth 256k and another of an earth 512. Does anyone have access to anything like that on that scale personally, or know where to get it for free and if not could either of those models work and be adapted to space engine since its textures? Also would any of you be interested in either starting a project to make a 256k or a 512k, or if not, maybe we could put together a fund me page, or somehow pitch together, or one of us somehow gain access to those. In any case after looking at what is possible for either the idea is very exciting to me at least. Thanks
Attachments
a134a30911e9ce03b076e55df11b7c08.png
a134a30911e9ce03b076e55df11b7c08.png (981.46 KiB) Viewed 5867 times

Roy
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

26 Nov 2020 17:25

tornadotodd, if one makes Earth mod of 512000 px wide it will have be so huge that entire hard drive would go to place it. Such a project is meaningless. There needs another solution as procedural refinement.

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

28 Nov 2020 17:24

tornadotodd, if one makes Earth mod of 512000 px wide it will have be so huge that entire hard drive would go to place it. Such a project is meaningless. There needs another solution as procedural refinement.
Im confused as that's not procedural? Also I asked Space Engineer and he seemed to this SE would handle it just fine, it would simply be a lot of disk space. Thought?

Roy
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

28 Nov 2020 17:36

No, procedural planets are detailed and they take almost no space. And real planets use large image-maps and not detailed. There already exists a HD-mod for Earth and it takes like 15 Gb and what you advice is make an even larger map. Like 20 times larger. Do you have a free hard-drive for this? I already told my thoughts, it needs not a larger map, it needs the engine to "draw" procedural landscape above a texture map.

miniluv73
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

10 Dec 2020 11:06

We can always make addons to upscale certain parts of Earth such as the Grand Canyon mod and the recent Hawaiian Islands mod (plus Gale Crater for Mars and Apollo 11 Landing Site for Moon)
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here."
Arthur C. Clarke, 1996

Mohitvermaji51
Observer
Observer

05 Jan 2021 11:23

While the Bedrock Edition does have add-ons, it features more paid content to add to the game, whereas the Java version lets you install mods (such as texture packs) for free.

Mohitvermaji51
Observer
Observer

05 Jan 2021 14:25

I would need to be able to convey to him exactly what format would be best for importing into Space Engine  mybk-experience.onl mc-d.uno 

miniluv73
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

08 Jan 2021 11:12

While the Bedrock Edition does have add-ons, it features more paid content to add to the game, whereas the Java version lets you install mods (such as texture packs) for free.
Excuse me, uh, this is a SpaceEngine discussion, not a Minecraft discussion
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here."
Arthur C. Clarke, 1996