Ultimate space simulation software

Zero_Industria
Observer
Observer
Topic Author

A Tall Ship and a Star to Steer Her By

28 Dec 2016 17:21

Hello! I've been using Space Engine for my science fiction world I'm writing for some time now, I find it to be very good for these kinds of things. I have a request to ask of anyone who'll listen. I'm sure that many people have asked this before, and I probably won't be the last. I would like to fly the U.N.S.C. vessels from the Halo franchise. I find them much more aesthetically pleasing than most other ships, especially the Stalwart-class frigate In Amber Clad.
All hail the Industrian Empire! May her glory rain down upon all like beams of light!

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

26 Jan 2017 16:10

To avoid problems as in this thread and I apologize for the inconvenience, I create this thread. [hr] This thread is to people send request without spam in thread like User's name's mods.
This thread is the continuity of General Mod requests/suggestions/ideas. [hr] Current version : 0.9.8.0
Information message in the old thread but also applies in this new thread :
Rather than having random threads being made continually requesting mods I have decided to make a sticky for requests.

The point of this thread is for you to post what mods you would like to see done for the current version of SpaceEngine, alternatively you could post it in one of the respective current release threads. You can either wait for someone who knows how to do that kind of mod to do it, or figure out how to do it yourself.

Remember that just because you request something does not mean it will be done. This is simply an ideas/suggestion thread to keep the forums a bit less cluttered.

It is still recommended you search before posting.

Anymore request/idea/suggestion threads will be merged with this thread without warning.
Please respect them.

List of mods compatible in the current version : List of Mods for Space Engine 0.9.8.0
Ressources :
Last edited by Quarior on 27 Mar 2017 05:43, edited 10 times in total.
► Information

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

26 Jan 2017 17:44

Can you pinned this thread please ?
I will pin it if you list current version number and modder resource threads like the previous thread had. :)
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

27 Jan 2017 04:11

DoctorOfSpace, it is correct or you have other suggestions ? And thanks in advance :).
► Information

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

27 Jan 2017 04:40

Looks good, I have pinned it but let me know if you can still edit the main post as there may be an issue with that.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer

27 Jan 2017 07:08

DoctorOfSpace, thank and yes, I can edit the main post.
► Information

Cantra
Pioneer
Pioneer

27 Jan 2017 19:20

I had this dream once, where the Earth orbited an F star, the sun represented weakness and the 2 moons represented strength, everyone was nocturnal. One of them moons looked to be about 3-4 times the size of our moon as it appeared in the sky, it looked exactly like our moon. The other moon looked smaller in the sky than our moon does, had the same color scheme as our moon. With the Mare and stuff. 

The planet itself (Earth in this dream) I'd say was just your regular Earth like planet. 

Now as to the planets... Earth was the 2nd planet from the sun. The first planet was a desert planet, about half way between mars and venus size, there was a planet after Earth, a little smaller than mars and then an Ice giant. Not sure on mass but it was smaller than uranus and neptune. And after that there was a pluto like planet and then a Titan like planet. 

For moons of these planets you have creative freedom. But make sure the orbits, periods and masses are realistic. Is anyone wanting to make this addon?
Just a random user on the internet, nothing to see here.

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

28 Jan 2017 15:58

I'd absolutely love to have more Stargate ships like DoctorOfSpace's awesome port of the BC-304 Daedalus, or X-Universe ones like Ettore_BilBo's. Anyone got models for these?
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

28 Jan 2017 16:25

Anyone got models for these?
I have a bunch of very low poly ones from Bridge Commander and a few from some render sites though they aren't easy to port.
I am currently working on this

It won't look anywhere near as good as a render like this

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

29 Jan 2017 04:52

Still looks good to me! I can't wait for it to be ready!  :D
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

Pluton
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

02 Feb 2017 20:16

I have one crazy idea for a mod but don't know if somebody wants to make this madness. To be short I will just show you.
Replace Earth onto...
► Show Spoiler

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer

03 Feb 2017 02:06

Pluton, there are already mod for the Disc World but for the moment, the map is procedural and haven't elephants and turtles. Look here.
► Information

Roswell
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

03 Feb 2017 20:39

Hi quarior I wonder if the palette software are compatible to windows 10 ?

nadiawendt
Observer
Observer

04 Feb 2017 22:00

I was redirected to post here after posting in the wrong place (oops) but I wanted to make a request.

I have a binary solar system called Alina AB, and I was hoping to use SE to help me visualize certain things, but I am having trouble building the system on my own. I figured there is no harm in asking if anyone would be willing to create it in their spare time.

Information on the solar system can be found here: link

I will continue trying to make it work myself, but I would be very grateful if someone with more knowledge than myself would be willing to create an add-on of this system.

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer

05 Feb 2017 04:47

Hi quarior I wonder if the palette software are compatible to windows 10 ?
Yes, it's work in Windows 10.
► Information