Ultimate space simulation software

trini_gamer
Observer
Observer

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

11 Jun 2017 10:07

I beg for a T-65 X-Wing and TIE Fighter from Star Wars. I know that there is the 'fake' "X Wing" in this already and I would make it myself but i'm busy on other mod projects. It would be a dream to have these 2 in the game.
Dude there are three separate Star Wars paks.  An X-Wing has yet to be made but there are several different models of TIE fighters and some of those are extremely detailed.  You are already in the right sub forum, just look at the sticky.

EDIT:  http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=159
I know of that, didn't know it had a TIE so thanks for that. Still looking for T-65 

Betelgeuze
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

11 Jun 2017 11:36

star flares?.. :(
Star flares/Solar flares are only seen with ultraviolet / infrared not visible human eyes

Look like Sun with visible to human eyes there no star flares

Julian
Explorer
Explorer

11 Jun 2017 12:09

I would love to see a model of the USS Sulaco from the Alien franchise.  Not sure where you'd find a usable model though.  The ship is in the relatively new Alien Isolation game, so maybe there?  

Here is a model of the Sulaco from Aliens: Colonial Marines, which I converted to .obj from an XNALara port at nach77.deviantart.com.

Watsisname
Science Officer
Science Officer

11 Jun 2017 16:46

Star flares/Solar flares are only seen with ultraviolet / infrared not visible human eyes
Not true.  Flares emit over a very wide range of wavelengths including the visible.  On rare occasions they can be intense enough to be seen in projections of the Sun's disk as a brightening at the active region (in fact the first recorded flare observation was made in visible light), and they're even more apparent in Hydrogen Alpha. :)

Erick Faick LH
Observer
Observer

14 Jun 2017 22:33

Hi, my suggest for a mod is a "planet terraformer". Or a post where somebody explain how to terraform a planet (obviously, a procedual planet). This is my suggestion because I'm making a little serie for youtube about the human expanse trough the universe, and I'm in pause doing it because in the next episode, It is supposed that a moon of an already habitable planet will be terraformed. And don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting this just for me, I mean, all of us at some time we've found a planet with a mass/diameter/rotation period (any or all of them) like earth's, but it isn't a terra and it is a dessert, ice planet, titan or a selena. And c'mon, it would be great to permanentlly terraform one of those planets (I say permanently because if you change the parameters of the planet from the planet editor of the game to make it habitable, when u close and open the game again, the planet will be like it was before changing its parameters). 
Oh, and another thing, I know that it is possible to change a planet from the planet's files, but sometimes it could be a little difficult to do it by this way, and in my special case, I don't have idea of how to change a planet by this way.
I'm sad almost all time, because I'm a failure of person at my 17's. But thinking about space, planets, and astronomy in general, makes me a little bit happy and it helps me to scape from my sad reality...

Nighteye424
Observer
Observer

15 Jun 2017 17:18

could someone make the SBURB solar system.Like,Skaia,Prospit,and Derse orbiting a green colored sun!You might have to do some research first though.like, into the planets and the life housed on them.It is from Homestuck and on the Homestuck forums you can find entries on Derse,Prospit,Skaia,and the Green Sun

ProximaCentauriB
Astronaut
Astronaut

15 Jun 2017 17:42

Could someone create addons for OGLE-2016-BLG-1195Lb, the earth-sized ice ball that was announced in late April, KELT-11b, the puffy gas giant announced in late May, and PDS 110, a planet with rings much wider than Saturn's, also announced in late May?

Many thanks.
Space, the final frontier...
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k 4.0 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, 8 GB

ephu
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

16 Jun 2017 09:47

So I am learning 3d modelling, which satellites are in Space Engine? Are there any satellites to be created? Maybe I can try model some satellites?   
Thanks^

Cesare
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

17 Jun 2017 04:16

There should be pool balls added to Space Engine.
Cesare Vesdani

Hornblower
Pioneer
Pioneer

17 Jun 2017 09:48

Cesare, the goal of space engine isn't to replicate Universe Sandbox, but in a mod, sure?
"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams

Stab74
Astronaut
Astronaut

22 Jun 2017 17:13

I would love to see a model of the USS Sulaco from the Alien franchise.  Not sure where you'd find a usable model though.  The ship is in the relatively new Alien Isolation game, so maybe there?  

Here is a model of the Sulaco from Aliens: Colonial Marines, which I converted to .obj from an XNALara port at nach77.deviantart.com.
Well I was excited to get home from work and install this but it doesn't appear to be in a format that SE can use.  Hmm.  What is this?

EDIT: Oh I see I can use this to import into the game using the directions at the "Creating a ship" portion of the wiki.  This might be beyond my capabilities.  I'll check it out.  Thanks though!

Stab74
Astronaut
Astronaut

22 Jun 2017 18:07

Ok so I might be figuring this out.  Followed the steps on importing a obj file and got this so far.  

I dumped all those tga files, I guess those are textures, into the texture folder but looking at other mods texture folders they are all png files.  I wonder if I should convert these to png?

EDIT:  Well I'm stumped.  I converted all the tga files to png and edited the mtl file replacing the tga file extensions with png, reimported the ship, and it still is invisible.  Checking the log file I get a bunch of the following:

ERROR: Invalid texture coordinates index (-10179)
[00] ERROR: Invalid vertex index (-10176)
[00] ERROR: Invalid normal index (-10176)
[00] ERROR: Invalid texture coordinates index (-10176)
[00] ERROR: Invalid vertex index (-10175)
[00] ERROR: Invalid normal index (-10175)

Think I've taken this as far as I can.  Any ideas anyone?

EDIT2: After researching these errors it seems likes it probably caused by whatever export process Julian used.  I actually put the tga files back as in the ship creation wiki it says tga files are fine.  Problem has to be somewhere in the obj file.  Ah well.  Looks like I have a cloaked Sulaco for now.  :)

EDIT3: Going down the rabbit hole.  Installed the XNLA program Julian used to export this ship and exported it myself.  Still doesn't work.   It's incredibly simple though with only export option of "save vertices" and none of the other options the ship creator wiki calls for.  This program was created to pose images of Lara Croft apparently.  Wtf who would write a program to do this?  :D

PlutonianEmpire
Pioneer
Pioneer

25 Jun 2017 01:53

Can someone make a cubemap for this island I have? It is part of my Plutonian Empire worldbuilding, and while I already have it in several other games, I would like to add it to the Earth in Space Engine.

The image is already calibrated for latitude, IIRC. However, it doesn't have undersea elevations, so a gradual transition to the tectonic ridge similar to Iceland will be needed.

pluton_island_se1.png

North latitude: 22° 50' 41.7709'' S
South latitude: 23° 54' 48.0844'' S
West longitude: 14° 04' 13.2872'' W
East Longitude: 12° 39' 00.8635'' W

If possible, I think the island might need to be made visible on all 12 LOD's, due to its modest size. For surface diff texture, just clone-brush parts of Antarctica for the above-sea elevations, since my project incorporates high fantasy in addition to dilation-less FTL sci fi. My attached SimCity 4 screenshot shows where to apply grey-ish colors for the cities.
One thing I completely forgot to specify was the height for the above ground portion was 0 to 635.42 Meters. Everything that is rgb = 0 in the Image I provided is meant for below sea level. I apologize for forgetting to specify this in the original request I quoted.
Specs: STGAubron desktop PC; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 12 GB Vram, Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz, 12 cpus; 32 GB RAM; Windows 11 x64

sdescon
Observer
Observer

11 Jul 2017 07:31

A 4X mod for Space Engine - similar to Master Of Orion or Galactic Civilizations - would that be possible?  

Jackdaw
Astronaut
Astronaut

12 Jul 2017 23:23

Hey there, here's a, emmmm, request for fictional planetary systems mods. 
There's an MMORPG space sim game called Eve Online, and it's set in a galaxy (or star cluster?) called New Eden. New Eden has over 5000 star systems, so I know it's not easy to make a New Eden mod for SpaceEngine. 
Here's the coordinate distribution (see the attached .xls file) of known New Eden star systems (including Jove Empire territory), and data of each systems (planets, stars, asteroid belts, etc.) can be find on DOTLAN :: EveMaps
Looking forward to some diligent guys to turn them into a real New Eden mod for SpaceEngine lol
Attachments
mapSolarSystems.xls
(2.75 MiB) Downloaded 307 times
"...perch`e i nostri discorsi hanno a essere sopra un mondo sensibile, e non sopra un mondo di carta."

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 8G RAM: 32 GBs Storage (of SE): WD SN750 250G