Ultimate space simulation software

 
Leyo
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 May 2021

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

19 Oct 2021 23:59

Well if one day you're interested in making your tool to generate randome names of planets or asteroids, try to cactch me, i've been working on generating random names and already released some mods with it.
 
User avatar
DiR3C7_H4CK
Observer
Observer
Posts: 3
Joined: 17 Oct 2021
Location: M 100
Contact:

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

21 Oct 2021 08:04

Leyo wrote:
Well if one day you're interested in making your tool to generate randome names of planets or asteroids, try to cactch me, i've been working on generating random names and already released some mods with it.

¡Nice! Had not chatting with anybody many years ago. So, count on me :mrgreen:
 
User avatar
soldies502
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 76
Joined: 02 Jul 2018
Location: Missouri, USA

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

29 Oct 2021 01:34

I suggest somebody make an addon for COCONUTS-2b and its parent star. COCONUTS-2b technically exists already as WISEPA J075108.79-763449.6 but its catalogued as an individual object and as a Y-type brown dwarf instead of a planet. The parent star, COCONUTS-2A, does not seem to exist in-game. If somebody could make an addon to fix this I would be grateful.

And for those who are uninformed, I am not joking about the name. It is really called COCONUTS-2b. Look it up.
 
AstroBrian
Observer
Observer
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Dec 2021

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

20 Dec 2021 01:37

I request an easy way to add comets? Currently im trying to add Leonard Comet but not successful.
 
User avatar
ittryn
Observer
Observer
Posts: 1
Joined: 31 Dec 2021
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

31 Dec 2021 17:24

Hello fellow explorers,

I don't have any experience with coding, video game production, or with modding games. So unfortunately I dont't think I can provide much value to the discussion regarding this specific request. Regardless, when playing Space Engine lately I've been very impressed with the volumetric rings added in the most recent update. I've been wondering if it would be possible to add other volumetric objects such as circumstellar discs and debris rings such as protoplanetary discs around young stars with no planetary bodies in their orbit. Or perhaps large collections of gas and debris to form protostars. I suspect this would be rather easy to implement considering how volumetric dust lanes were implemented in on galaxies within Space Engine (see also, the Volumetric Orion Nebula mod by user DaniilMaks in the Steam Workshop). Do you think this is feasible?
 
User avatar
Khorrah
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Posts: 134
Joined: 11 Nov 2019
Location: Earth

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

31 Dec 2021 19:38

ittryn wrote:
Hello fellow explorers,

I don't have any experience with coding, video game production, or with modding games. So unfortunately I dont't think I can provide much value to the discussion regarding this specific request. Regardless, when playing Space Engine lately I've been very impressed with the volumetric rings added in the most recent update. I've been wondering if it would be possible to add other volumetric objects such as circumstellar discs and debris rings such as protoplanetary discs around young stars with no planetary bodies in their orbit. Or perhaps large collections of gas and debris to form protostars. I suspect this would be rather easy to implement considering how volumetric dust lanes were implemented in on galaxies within Space Engine (see also, the Volumetric Orion Nebula mod by user DaniilMaks in the Steam Workshop). Do you think this is feasible?

That "can" be "done" making a custom nebulae but to really add a real volumetric object like that it's up to the developers, so in short answers, you can add a nebula with a protoplanetary disc form, but is still a nebula. 
Hello, I LOVE lasagna and Space Engine. ♥

My Specs: Intel Core I3 8100 4 cores 3.6 ghz, 8GB Ram 2133 Mhz, ECS Elitegroup H310H5-M2, Graphics Intel UHD 630, 1000 GB HDD.
 
Toast433
Observer
Observer
Posts: 17
Joined: 29 Apr 2018

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

06 Jan 2022 19:22

How can I remove the planet Barnard's Star b? It's not working when I try to remove it
 
Toast433
Observer
Observer
Posts: 17
Joined: 29 Apr 2018

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

12 Jan 2022 17:05

Also I'm trying to add objects to Tau Ceti, but when I do it increases the mass of the four exoplanets there. If I create new addons to replace the exoplanets, it just creates copies of them instead of replacing them.
 
Toast433
Observer
Observer
Posts: 17
Joined: 29 Apr 2018

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

15 Jan 2022 16:55

Can anyone help?
 
User avatar
Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer
Posts: 1572
Joined: 24 Oct 2016
Location: Italy
Contact:

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

16 Jan 2022 01:57

Toast433 wrote:
How can I remove the planet Barnard's Star b? It's not working when I try to remove it

Can I see the script you use to remove it?
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests