Ultimate space simulation software

miniluv73
Space Pilot
Space Pilot
Topic Author

What are you doing in Quarantine?

15 Jun 2020 07:10

With Covid-19 going on, a lot of people have been locked inside their homes unable to do things such as go to the cinema, eat at a fancy restaurant or meet friends in person as much as usual. However, this is also a good time to try out some new things and find new means of entertainment, which is why I am making this thread, for you to show off what you're doing during these tough times. I'll start.
Cake 30_4_2020.jpg
So me and my family have been baking cakes a lot more often. It's not much, but it does taste nice.
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here."
Arthur C. Clarke, 1996

spacenginesimulator
Observer
Observer

20 Jun 2020 13:37

delicious

Mr. Abner
World Builder
World Builder

21 Jun 2020 22:01

What? No recipes?

triadance
Observer
Observer

22 Jun 2020 04:28

that looks gooooooood ~
dying to know the recipe 

Mickey O'Brien
Observer
Observer

31 Aug 2020 17:30

Awesome :) I prefer to play video games as in the future I hope to win pro gaming tournaments in World of Warcraft. As far as I know they promise great awards for being in top-3. So at the moment I spend tons of time upgrading my char. Also I use the help of other gamers to improve my experience. I noticed that I can easily play WoW 8-10 hours daily and that doesn't bother me at all.
Actually I also dreamt to become a pro gamer and win millions of dollars but then I found out that average gamers can play up to 10 hours a day with no guarantee of getting even into top-50. So I had to quit the idea. Hope you will be more lucky ;)

Konny Bedelia
Observer
Observer

13 Sep 2020 17:12

In quarantine I am mostly reading books (mostly detective stories) and listening to classical music (ostly Mozart).

Matt
Observer
Observer

01 Oct 2020 11:21

I read newspapers, books online, watch Netflix on space-related topic (not all the time) ;)
Except new movie about Holmes' sister (a bit boring), was reading "Orbital today" article about latest rocket launch news (published October 1st, 2020). Funny stuff, Britts (Scotts, in particular) unites 5 spaceports into a new agency or even association. Idk, is it a good step or not, but seems very interesting. I do not have hate towards Scottish people, but it is funny how they are manage to do it ;D 

PeterTubbs
Observer
Observer

13 Oct 2020 13:33

In quarantine, I started having problems with my studies. It is difficult to concentrate when you are closed in four walls. Do you understand what I'm talking about. And distance learning at our university is very poor. Collected a bunch of debts and almost flew out of the university.And apart from studying, I do nothing as usual. I watch all sorts of videos on YouTube, I read Azimov. The last I read - The End of Eternity. Great book.
Anyone suggesting good science fiction novels, I'd appreciate it.

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

14 Oct 2020 07:27

Asimov- The Foundation Series, The Gods Themselves.  The Stars, Like Dust, The Robot Series, Nightfall, many others.

edgibson
Observer
Observer

25 Jan 2021 02:01

That looks good.
run 3

Salvo
Pioneer
Pioneer

25 Jan 2021 09:08

The last I read - The End of Eternity. Great book.
My favourite!

I am basically just working, then playing videogames, developing a game and watching YouTube. Unfortunately all these things are through a monitor so I'm very worried about my eyes!  :D
The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 RAM: 8 GBs

A-L-E-X
Galaxy Architect
Galaxy Architect

27 Jan 2021 03:05

The great thing about The End of Eternity (and The Beginning of Infinity) was the entire future being changed after we'd already gone down the road of one future and it reached its logical conclusion and then went back and took the other road......

Challenger
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

08 Feb 2021 07:47

I read Frederick Buckman and Jonathan Stroud during quarantine. Very interesting and easy books by one author and by the second. I just swallowed the books, read everything in one breath. Perhaps these are very good products among the overwhelming amount of rubbish called "modern literature".

Charlotte Bridge
Observer
Observer

07 Jun 2021 02:41

For me nothing really changed during quarantine as before I was able to work from home too. It always was better for me than working from affice as I save time on the road and choosing outfit for the office  :D But I also aquired a new hobby - growing greens, which I add to salads. Yes, it sounds like your grandmother's hobby, but I enjoy it :) 
“Across the sea of space, the stars are other suns.”
― Carl Sagan