Ultimate space simulation software

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

SpaceEngine TODO

13 Dec 2017 23:05

Cesare wrote:
Please can someone give me an approximate year when will Space Engine be finished?

Theoric a game of software when is finished want to improve more for optimisation and new feature so the year is [math].
But I’m not a expert for validate the theory. Just a note.

Kimb
Observer
Observer

SpaceEngine TODO

16 Dec 2017 11:01

Technically, SpaceEngine will NEVER be complete. There's always new stuff being discovered about the universe; in that respect, SE development will be as a never-ending game of "catch-up".

scruffyhightops
Observer
Observer

SpaceEngine TODO

19 Dec 2017 18:21

Procedural civilizations I think is impossible, but it wouldn't be improbable as add-ons/ mods. At it's simplest and effectiveness at the moment would be megastructures, dyson structures and maybe space faring vessels. I would be more interested in seeing models of things like the ISS, or code to enable adding stations in orbit. 

Procedural life, would that be the same as possibly No Man's Sky? As much as seeing intelligent life as technological would be cool, I would find creatures more interesting. I know NMS use mathematical algorithms to spawn life. Is that something that isn't possible in the Space Engine coding? 

XBrain130
Explorer
Explorer

SpaceEngine TODO

20 Dec 2017 14:22

scruffyhightops wrote:
Source of the post I would be more interested in seeing models of things like the ISS, or code to enable adding stations in orbit.

That is ready for the next version.
SpaceEngine's Italian Discord server: https://discord.gg/NhQbEbC

Cesare
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

SpaceEngine TODO

01 Jan 2018 07:03

The terrain engine upgrade #4 is amazing. I can't wait until the next stage of improvement for mid elevation levels.
Cesare Vesdani

Oqwert
Observer
Observer

SpaceEngine TODO

23 Jan 2018 21:46

This project is so ambitious, it's already incredibly good and you still plan to do so much more. I love you.

tornadotodd
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

SpaceEngine TODO

24 Jan 2018 15:23

I am definitely on the hope Space Engine is never finished bandwagon.. Always more that can be done, new discoveries.. A larger modding community would be nice to see.. But Space Engineer is definitely a perfectionist. Not to mention how the evolution of computers and capabilities can be expanded on over the coming years.. As a Universe simulator, SE's progress I am sure will have a lot of finished mode, but I would hope to see the Engine expanded on for as long as he has the drive and motivation to create. I love it!

SpaceDust
Observer
Observer

SpaceEngine TODO

04 Feb 2018 01:11

I can't wait for the Sloan and Hercules Corona-Borealis Great Walls, Eridanus and Bootes supervoids to be included! :D

Himself
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

SpaceEngine TODO

09 Feb 2018 20:51

The number one thing I'm looking forward to is ringshine. When that is implemented, will rings also be included in calculating the apparent magnitude of a planet?