Ultimate space simulation software

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0

05 Feb 2018 07:00

Navneet Sharma wrote:
I am not able to see any planet or sun upclose. I have tried in numerous galaxies but they just wont show up. only thing I can see up close are black holes . please help. I cant even see any spaceship when I take control

If you don't have patch e, download it. Since it fixes majority of the problems including yours. If you have it already, then I recommend you to delete cache folder.

If that also doesn't help, your graphics card might not be compatible with SE or you just don't have the latest drivers. Updating drivers fixes majority of the problems. Just in case, post your se.log file that can be found in "system" folder in your Space Engine directory.
Hope this helps. :)
Specs: Ram: 8gb | Vram: 1gb | Graphics card: AMD Radeon | Hard-drive: 1tb | Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750 Quad Core Processor | CPU: 3.40 GHz | OS: Win 10 and XP (lol) |
We use time just to orientate through space.

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

05 Feb 2018 07:17

Benich wrote:
Source of the post I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, updating my graphics card and run as administrator but nothing seems to help.

If this is all your se.log it seems it's stopping right at the start. Try with a clean installation from SpaceEngine 0980 installer, not the 0980e patch, and see if it works.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

Benich
Observer
Observer

05 Feb 2018 08:05

So, I uninstalled it, redownloaded the installer, and it's the exact same result.

I can access a crash report, here it is on [url=https://pastebin.com/BxuG8rNE]pastebin[/url] (sorry it's in french)

Arnotur
Observer
Observer

05 Feb 2018 10:20

Hello, and sorry to bother you for what migth be a normal bug, I'm not excellent in informatic ( excuse me if my English isn't perfect, I'm french ).
The thing is I can't download SE. When I try to do it, sometimes it works, and sometimes not ; I think my computer believes there is a virus or something in SE. But when I am finally able to download it, it tells me the executor isn't safe and asks me to confirm I really want to execute this Software, and when I answer yes, it says : "the setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program". Any idea of what it could be ? I download it again and again, but it never works.
Thank you advance if you can help me

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

07 Feb 2018 16:15

Arnotur, try disabling your anti-virus, and see what that does.
"You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.”- Carl Sagan

Quarior
Pioneer
Pioneer
Location: Local Universe/Laniakea/Virgo SC/Local Group/Via Lactea/Orion–Cygnus Arm/Sol System/Gaia

08 Feb 2018 05:21

Find a bug for the version 0.9.8.0e. When I make a screen with the projection cylindric or when I export the cubemap, the front have a mistake resolution and also the exposition even though it is stated the same seems to be much higher than the persian view mode.
View on a Dome City 3 on the Moon.jpg
View in persian mode

View in cylindric on a Dome City 3 on the Moon.jpg
View in cylindric

Cubemap on a Dome City 3 on the Moon.jpg
View in cubemap

Anyone have this problem and in the 0.9.9.0 it is fixed ?

Arnotur
Observer
Observer

08 Feb 2018 10:29

Thanks aFinapple, I tried, but now when I try executing SE after having downloaded it, it just turns internet off. 
So if anyone had a solution or already had had this problem...

agent_jake
Observer
Observer

08 Feb 2018 21:01

I've been having some trouble adding my ship to Space Engine. The model of the ship is in game, but it only appears as a black silhouette. I've been messing with the .sml file for ages but it isn't fixing it. 
Here's the log:
https://pastebin.com/AnFd3zKb

augursarkum
Observer
Observer

09 Feb 2018 04:07

Hi everyone. My SE version is 0.9.8.0. I cant able to view any planets but their aurora. I checked the graphic settings and yes it is enabled. My system config is Intel i3 8GB RAM windows 8.1. What could be the problem ?
[img]https://ibb.co/g58N1H[/img]

JackDole
World Builder
World Builder

09 Feb 2018 04:39

augursarkum wrote:
Source of the post What could be the problem ?

I assume you have an Intel graphics card. Probably Intel HD 2000 or Intel HD 3000. SpaceEngine does not work with this graphics card.
Attachments
scr00065.png

Marko S.
Explorer
Explorer

10 Feb 2018 05:33

agent_jake wrote:
I've been having some trouble adding my ship to Space Engine. The model of the ship is in game, but it only appears as a black silhouette. I've been messing with the .sml file for ages but it isn't fixing it. 
Here's the log:
https://pastebin.com/AnFd3zKb

I've had similar problem. The problem is that you, most likely, didn't export the textures of ship correctly. I recommend that you put textures in same program you modeled the ship, because each texture has its own ID that matches with the model. If you put textures that have no relation to the model, the ship will appear as black object. You should try to export the textures from same program you modeled the ship, and I hope it will work.
Specs: Ram: 8gb | Vram: 1gb | Graphics card: AMD Radeon | Hard-drive: 1tb | Processor: AMD Athlon X4 750 Quad Core Processor | CPU: 3.40 GHz | OS: Win 10 and XP (lol) |
We use time just to orientate through space.

aFinapple
Astronaut
Astronaut

11 Feb 2018 12:46

agent_jake wrote:
Source of the post  I've been messing with the .sml file for ages but it isn't fixing it.

The file you use is .sss, not .sml. That might be what is causing it. And also make sure that you have your ship placed under SpaceEngine/addons/models/spacecraft (create it if it does not exist)
"You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.”- Carl Sagan

Armchair
Observer
Observer

15 Feb 2018 15:44

I'm trying to create new objects as an addon, but they aren't showing up in the game. Following the instructions on the "Creating A Star" page, I've created sc files both with my own names and parameters for stars, and with the exact text in the tutorial. I am running Space Engine 0.9.8.0 on Windows 10.

Example: I made a file called mystars.sc in the path C:\SpaceEngine\addons\catalogs\stars, and copy/pasted the following text in it:

[quote]// Creates a new object – a solitary star.
Star    “Mono”
{

RA       16 10 45  // right ascension
Dec     -25 12 11  // declination
Dist     100.0     // distance from the Sun
Class   “G5V”      // spectral class
Lum      0.86      // luminosity, or
//AbsMagn  5.31    // absolute magnitude, or
//AppMagn  10.31   // apparent magnitude
RadSol   0.95      // radius in Solar radii
MassSol  0.91      // mass in Solar masses
Teff     5200      // surface temperature in Kelvin

}
// Creates a new object – a solitary star (black hole) with extra
// parameters (accretion disk) in the planets catalog. Note
// that its name here is “Hole system”, see why below.
StarBarycenter    “Hole system”
{
RA       09 31 14  // right ascension
Dec      64 16 38  // declination
Dist     250.0     // distance from the Sun
Class   “X”        // spectral class – black hole
Lum      150       // luminosity of the whole system (accretion disk)// That’s enough, accretion disks will be described in the planets catalog (see below).

}

// Removes solitary stars from the older catalogs.
Remove “Bin A”
Remove “Bin B”

// Creates a new object – a barycenter of a binary star system,
// which components will be described in the planets catalog (see below).
StarBarycenter    “Bin”
{
RA       19 50 18  // right ascension
Dec      28 18 47  // declination
Dist     251.652   // distance from the Sun

// That’s enough, the StarBarycenter tag doesn’t need the other parameters (see below).

}[/quote]
However, I cannot navigate to the new stars in the game: when I use the search tool on the left sidebar and search for "Mono," I get an "object not found" message. This happens even after restarting Space Engine, and happens whatever I call the new star. What am I missing here?

Mosfet
World Builder
World Builder

16 Feb 2018 00:35

Unfortunately, by copy-pasting code used as example in the manual, your .SC files will have curly quotation marks instead of straight ones ( " ).
Make a substitution and it should work.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
My mods | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 4gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram | IRC freenode.net canale ##SpaceEngineITA

Armchair
Observer
Observer

16 Feb 2018 11:52

Nope, still nothing. I tried manually recreating an example from [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeDhQlaNhcM]this video[/url], making sure all the quotation marks were straight, but even after restarting Space Engine it won't recognize the object.

Here's a screenshot of the SC file and its path.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/mWyZ7QZ.jpg[/img]