Ultimate space simulation software

Swizzy
Observer
Observer

New Members Introduction Thread

29 May 2018 02:40

Hello everyone, I'm a long time Space Engine enthusiast and amazed by how far the project has come so far. I'm really glad there are people out there who manage to put this together, it's so endlessly intriguing.

Maetrik
Observer
Observer

29 May 2018 18:41

Hello! been following this project for a few years, first time on the forum :P 

Downloading new features after a year or so of not having pc.

Cheers
“The universe doesn't allow perfection.”

RelativisticTony
Observer
Observer

31 May 2018 11:29

Hello everyone; I've always been a big fan of astronomy and for me space engine, since I discovered it in 2011, it was a dream come true. Since then I have been constantly following the software development and I am really happy to see how much progress has been made over the years.

prtaylor56
Observer
Observer

14 Jun 2018 14:48

If I select a random star from the screen, I can find information about it (by pressing "I" key), but that information does not include what galaxy the star is in.  How can I find that?

Propulsion Disk
Space Pilot
Space Pilot

15 Jun 2018 10:44

prtaylor56 wrote:
If I select a random star from the screen, I can find information about it (by pressing "I" key), but that information does not include what galaxy the star is in.  How can I find that?

What? Do you mean the star browser? Because if you do, then the star you selected will be in the radius that the star browser says, you can change the size of the radius by typing it in on the top left of the tab. If you mean that you just selected a star just by clicking on it, then that star will be in the galaxy your in because spaceengine only renders 100,000 stars at a time and every galaxy has more than 100,000 stars in it, so if you click on a star, then you are clicking on a star that is in the galaxy your in. To find the galaxy your in, just zoom out and click on the center of the thing that looks like well, a galaxy. Sorry if I misunderstood your question, but that's what seems to be what your asking. (PS) the "I" key brings up the "wiki" feature so it pretty much only gives you the information for THAT object.
I'm good when it comes to Physics, Algebra, Relativity, Space, and SpaceEngine. But I could still use a LOT of help on the things I still don't know. So I hope I get a lot of help on how all that works, here!

Orion
Observer
Observer

19 Jun 2018 06:00

Heyo folks, like so many others long time lurker over here. I decided to get a bit involved with the SE community, so here I am. At the moment I'm most interested in the possibilities SE offers as a game engine, and I'll be trying to explore that in the gameplay section. Greetings from Holland!

MinimusMaximus
Observer
Observer

20 Jun 2018 10:46

Hello, 
Total new person here. Just discovered SE the other day while reading Gizmodo! 
All I can say is WOW!