If you are interested in exoplanets, you might want to know these little known facts about exoplanets.
- In our stellar neighborhood there might be around 130 potentially (p.) habitable exoplanets, 10 of them being Earth-like.
- The closest p. Earth-like planet is called Tau Ceti e, and it is located only 12 light years away from us.
- So far, we have sent a targeted radio message to 2 p. habitable exoplanets, Tau Ceti e and Luyten b. Any reply would be received as of 2037 and 2041, respectively.
- Amateur astronomers have discovered 2 p. habitable exoplanets: LHS-1140 b and K2-288 B b.
- It is possible to detect exoplanets by using a tele-photo lens with an aperture of less than 50 mm.