Ultimate space simulation software

PopplioUser3674
Observer
Observer

Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.990

15 May 2020 08:00

I forgot to mention this, it happens sometimes: Some planets go completely dark even though their SMA is only a few AU, tried looking into the known bugs but I couldn't find anything on it. 

Jonahrf1999
Observer
Observer

16 May 2020 00:34

Im not sure,  I believe the problem might be i just need more ram, but i believe i fixed the problen by setting my graphics to my lowest settings. the game is not even crashing or very slow at startup anymore!

I am having one problem with black patches on the clouds, primary when looking up at a hurricane but thats basically it!
Attachments
scr00009.jpg

Pyrpyr
Observer
Observer

17 May 2020 04:38

Hi, I am having a problem and I can't find a solution for it. Sometimes, Solar System just disappears, and it can be gone for a long time. Often, just PC restart works, sometimes just game restart. But now, it's just gone for 5 weeks now. When I search for example, Earth, it says "Object "Earth" not found". Yesterday, Sun was Sirius, even with Sirius B orbiting around it [standard Sirius didn't changed]. But today, from around 1.65 ly you can see a dot, in yellowish color [just like our Sun] but from 1.64 ly there is nothing [sometimes it's even 5.5 ly, i think it depends on your speed]. Our "Sun" is just not loading. Earlier, when star was loading and I was clicking on it, to see what's that star, tottaly different star was tracked [Sirius, 44 Orionis etc.]. When I click on that dot, from far away, it says Solar System, but when I search "Solar System" the game is crashing. I really don't want to reinstall, but when it's the only solution, I can do that. Attached files are 3 days old, now there's nothing.
Attachments
view1.png
Im from Poland, so info about object is in polish.
view2.png
closer look

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

18 May 2020 11:02

Jonahrf1999 wrote:
Im not sure,  I believe the problem might be i just need more ram, but i believe i fixed the problen by setting my graphics to my lowest settings. the game is not even crashing or very slow at startup anymore!

I am having one problem with black patches on the clouds, primary when looking up at a hurricane but thats basically it!

How do you find hurricanes to land under like that?  Can you do the same with tornadoes?

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

18 May 2020 21:29

Pyrpyr wrote:
Source of the post Hi, I am having a problem and I can't find a solution for it. Sometimes, Solar System just disappears, and it can be gone for a long time.

You should post your 'se.log'. It is in the 'system' directory of SpaceEngine.
You can use Pastebin for this and post the link here.

But you could first remove all addons you may have! One of them may be buggy.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

PopplioUser3674
Observer
Observer

19 May 2020 06:51

I have posted this message on the forum, but it was on the last page so I suppose no one really saw it. I'll post it again: I have 3 problems: First, I was exploring planets around a black hole in a procedurally generated galaxy, but I couldn't focus on the black hole without everything else dimming. To fix it, I tried toggling things in settings, but none of it seemed to work. After I was done exploring the area, I moved to other places but I couldn't see any stars or galaxies, save the black hole and stars around the galactic center. Does anyone know any solutions? I tried setting all the Graphics, Display, and Objects settings back to default, but it didn't work. My third problem is that planets are often dark even though their Semi-Major Axis is only a few AU. I have solved it by turning the exposure up, but it wasn't as good as it used to be as I had to keep changing the exposure for every planet I went to.
Attachments
se.log
(114.51 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

Pyrpyr
Observer
Observer

19 May 2020 13:23

JackDole wrote:
Pyrpyr wrote:
Source of the post Hi, I am having a problem and I can't find a solution for it. Sometimes, Solar System just disappears, and it can be gone for a long time.

I don't use any addons. I found something weird in log, it looks like that's the problem
[MT] Deleting atmosphere model "Neptune"
[MT] Deleting atmosphere model "Jupiter"
[MT] Deleting atmosphere model "Sun"
and later:
[MT] Deleting atmosphere model "Earth"
idk why only 4 objects, whole solar system is gone
link to full se.log: https://pastebin.com/che3py5w

PopplioUser3674
Observer
Observer

19 May 2020 18:54

Pyrpyr wrote:
JackDole wrote:
Pyrpyr wrote:

I don't use any addons. I found something weird in log, it looks like that's the problem
and later:
[MT] Deleting atmosphere model "Earth"
idk why only 4 objects, whole solar system is gone
link to full se.log: https://pastebin.com/che3py5w

I've seen that in my log too, I'm pretty sure it just means the game exiting when you close it. I've seen "Deleting Universe" on mine. I'm not entirely sure, just a guess. Don't take it from me. Better wait for JackDole to respond.

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

19 May 2020 22:08

Pyrpyr wrote:
Source of the post I found something weird in log, it looks like that's the problem

That is not the problem. This only means that SpaceEngine removes data that is not currently needed from the memory.
(Incidentally, the names have nothing to do with the solar system, but are only the names for the atmosphere models of certain planet types. They are used for all planets, including procedurally generated ones.)

But I found the following error messages in your log:
[MT] Saving  script "config/save-user.cfg"
[MT] ERROR: Script::Load(): Can't write the file "config/save-user.cfg"
[MT] Loading  shader "cache/shaders/AMD_26.20.15015.1007_4.6.13586_4.60/bin/planet_glow_sun_light1.bin"

and
[MT] Creating planetary system of star "RS 8474-3618-8-9635024-989"
[MT] Initializing planetary system of star "RS 8474-3618-8-9635024-989"

(Actually there are a lot more.)

This means that Windows does not give you write permission.
So you could either start SE as administrator, or uninstall it and reinstall it in a different folder.
Best not on drive 'C:'. If you only have one drive, definitely not in 'C:\Program Files (x86)' or 'C:\Program Files'.

Then we'll see if the problem persists.

(By the way, you are using SE version 0.980. So your problem doesn't actually belong in this thread, but in this: Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0)
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

LizMorvi
Observer
Observer

20 May 2020 10:48

Hola, buenas tardes, estoy intentando realizar una captura de vídeo en SpaceEngine, pero al presionar el botón de "Grabar" aparece un mensaje de error, ¿No sé si debo configurarlo de manera diferente, o es un error de software? 
SpaceEngine.png

Gracias 

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

20 May 2020 14:12

LizMorvi, apparently your graphic card doesn't support h264 hardware encoding, you'll have to use VP9 codec which uses software encoding. It will create .webm files.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Pyrpyr
Observer
Observer

21 May 2020 02:40

JackDole wrote:
Pyrpyr wrote:
Source of the post I found something weird in log, it looks like that's the problem

That is not the problem. This only means that SpaceEngine removes data that is not currently needed from the memory.
(Incidentally, the names have nothing to do with the solar system, but are only the names for the atmosphere models of certain planet types. They are used for all planets, including procedurally generated ones.)

But I found the following error messages in your log:
[MT] Loading  shader "cache/shaders/AMD_26.20.15015.1007_4.6.13586_4.60/bin/planet_glow_sun_light1.bin"

and

(Actually there are a lot more.)

This means that Windows does not give you write permission.
So you could either start SE as administrator, or uninstall it and reinstall it in a different folder.
Best not on drive 'C:'. If you only have one drive, definitely not in 'C:\Program Files (x86)' or 'C:\Program Files'.

Then we'll see if the problem persists.

(By the way, you are using SE version 0.980. So your problem doesn't actually belong in this thread, but in this: Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0)

Oh, I didn't notice this is 0.990 forum. But anyways, thx, I'll try to reinstall then. I have SE on different drive than C: [E:]. Starting SE as administrator doesn't work. OK, well, I'm gonna post on Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0 if it won't work.

hyperbuzzer02
Observer
Observer

21 May 2020 09:12

I dont know if anybody else is gettting this but on Earth theres like this blueish/greyish color near shorelines in almost every continent. In some parts like the persian gulf its so bad it looks like a dried up lake bed instead a body of water and in another UK and France looks like theyre connected shallow lakes. I have attached both files to help you see what I mean. Ive tried playing with bumpheight and sea levels but I just ended up making this weirder on the other side of the planet. So anybody else getting this ? any idea how to fix this  ?

Im using SE 0.990 beta

Thanks!
Attachments
Saudi_patch.jpg
Saudi_patch.jpg (53.7 KiB) Viewed 173 times
UK.jpg

Mosfet
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

21 May 2020 12:52

Everybody gets that, it's a limitation of the current engine in how water masses are simulated against Earth textures. This way every water mass resulting above sea level doesn't cross the intersecting water sphere, resulting grey. It will be changed eventually, for the moment the only way to change this is colorizing the shores in a modified Earth texture. I'm sure someone did that already, the only drawback is that I think it looks good only from orbit.
"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". Douglas N. Adams
| My mods: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80 | My specs: Asus x555ub - cpu i5-6200u, ram 12gb, gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram |

Sabinidus
Observer
Observer

22 May 2020 23:06

I'm getting an error on loading the steam version that says: error loading texture generator shaders. I've tried a lot of the proposed solutions but they don't seem to work. I've even uninstalled and deleted the game and tried reinstalling from scratch but no good. The game was working fine before. Running on a windows 10.