Ultimate space simulation software

alfa015
Space Tourist
Space Tourist
Topic Author

These Are The Most Promising SETI Radio Signals

27 Jan 2019 19:35

Hi! 

Just in case someone is interested in SETI, I made a video about the most promising radio signals detected so far. 

Here it is: 

I Hope you enjoy it! 

What is the most promising SETI radio signal for you guys? Do you think we will discover an intelligent civilization with the SKA array? 

Cheers, 
Alberto.

Stellarator
World Builder
World Builder

These Are The Most Promising SETI Radio Signals

28 Jan 2019 01:40

alfa015 wrote:
Source of the post I made a video about the most promising radio signals detected so far.

Umm, any links sourcing the material you are discussing? Preferably papers published in a peer-reviewed journal, since in these matters it pays to absorb the information without the dramatization buffer of news articles and blogs.

alfa015 wrote:
Source of the post What is the most promising SETI radio signal for you guys? Do you think we will discover an intelligent civilization with the SKA array?

I wouldn't bet on detecting a verifiable signal from a still-existing civilization before 2050 or even 2100 AD. The universe is too old and vast for us to have statistical chance of finding something via radio in the fifty-some years we've been at it. More likely is the detection of life via our space telescopes by spectrographing atmospheres.

Anyway, concise video.
Futurum Fusionem