Ultimate space simulation software

xavier
Observer
Observer

General suggestions for SpaceEngine

12 Nov 2019 01:28

OK
Thank you for this answer. And thank you for the link, as a newcomer i didn't see the topic yet. Now i'll check it regularly.

I need another information, well I sould say another way to display the eye-fish. We own a planetarium with a "little problem", that is our videoprojector has 90° orientation, that mean that the audience is watching the ceiling like they were watching the screen with the portrait orientation.

Is there a possibility to rotate the eye-fish by 90° ? is it already possible in a script ? or maybe this would be a part of a next update ....

Mr. Abner
Pioneer
Pioneer

13 Nov 2019 10:20

xavier wrote:
OK
Thank you for this answer. And thank you for the link, as a newcomer i didn't see the topic yet. Now i'll check it regularly.

I need another information, well I sould say another way to display the eye-fish. We own a planetarium with a "little problem", that is our videoprojector has 90° orientation, that mean that the audience is watching the ceiling like they were watching the screen with the portrait orientation.

Is there a possibility to rotate the eye-fish by 90° ? is it already possible in a script ? or maybe this would be a part of a next update ....

Have not tried it myself with the new version, but I used to run .9.8.0 all the time in portrait mode. You may have to set it for windowed mode first, then input the window dimensions in portrait mode (i.e., 1080 wide by 1920 high), then you can switch back to full screen mode.

xavier
Observer
Observer

13 Nov 2019 11:57

hiI've tried it. I set the screen in portrait in windows 10 screen parameters. I didn't tried it with our planetarium with duplicate screen. I have to try.
I'll tell you, if this intersting you.

Mr. Abner
Pioneer
Pioneer

13 Nov 2019 23:56

xavier wrote:
hiI've tried it. I set the screen in portrait in windows 10 screen parameters. I didn't tried it with our planetarium with duplicate screen. I have to try.
I'll tell you, if this intersting you.

Yes, obviously you need to set your operating system and/or graphics driver to use portrait mode, but I was talking about this setting in Space Engine:
Setting-Display.jpg

If it doesn't look right, and you don't have your particular resolution available under "Custom Display Resolution", click on Windowed (Apply), edit the resolution numbers if necessary (click Apply again). Then you can click on Fullscreen and Apply again. Should be good to go.

xavier
Observer
Observer

14 Nov 2019 10:23

Yes, that is a way to manage a portrait display. You can go further by creating in the video card driver a virtual screen like 1080x1080, choose portrait (or reverse portrait) in windows, and so you can use the full screen option in SE to display the fulldome correctly.

FiunchClick
Observer
Observer

17 Nov 2019 00:59

Hello everyone, I'm FiunchClick from Spain, new to the forum.
Here goes my suggestion: how about a star or a solar system comparison feature? The idea is to have a visual comparison of sizes, colours, distances, etc. and a side to side view of other, less visual, parameters (such as mass, spectral type, temp...) I am referring to a comparison between two unrelated systems, not between the elements of a system (thar already exists).

By the way, Space Engine is great, I'm really enjoying it! Congratulations

xavier
Observer
Observer

27 Nov 2019 05:09

Hi
I have a suggestion ... and a question, so I post both here:
1- my question is very simple, and maybe the answer is in the manual (but didn't find it till now), is there a way to "pause" a script with a command and resume it with another (the same?) command? or an keyboard action?
2- My suggestion is you 'd think about a random functionality in SE to generate random flight, and you should add filters to sort them: radius from seeing point, from earth,..... select only planets, stars, moons, nebulea, speed travel etc, duration of flight, possibility to choose several options (planets + nebulea .... ),  go back to the starting point and play it again....

A-L-E-X
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

27 Nov 2019 13:43

A simple suggestion, place compass cardinal points (N, S, E, W) on the surface of each planet so we know what direction we are traveling when we move around!

iteachvader
Observer
Observer

28 Nov 2019 00:26

Might I suggest bringing back colored diffraction spikes? I've noticed that the diff. spikes in 0.990 no longer match the color of the host star, always appearing their default color (usually a plain white) no matter size/type/brightness. Changing the saturation only changes the saturation of the default color of the spikes. Perhaps there could be a slider that changes the saturation of diffraction spikes to match the host star's color?

I added a comparison of the Antares system (one red and one blue star) between 0.980 and 0.990 using the Classic diff. spikes, as well as a screenshot of Beta Lupi (a blue giant) in 0.990 using the EVEolution spikes with saturation set to maximum. Appears as a garish orange instead of a striking blue. It looks blue in 0.980 with the same settings.

(I didn't know if this is a glitch or not, and opted to post it as a suggestion. If this is the wrong place, let me know!!)
Attachments
DiffractionSpikesColor.png
Antares system comparison.
BetaLupi.png
Beta Lupi, which should be a blue star.

xavier
Observer
Observer

30 Nov 2019 05:51

I found a way to "pause" the script, so don't care about that request. But you should think about a random tour with filters to create unique flight.
So long....

ShiVishnu
Observer
Observer

02 Dec 2019 19:12

I see transparent/see-through planets and stars, please help, no textures, no details, its just transparent and in stars its just dispersed light like a nebulae.
Attachments
scr00000.png
scr00002.png
scr00003.png
scr00004.png

xavier
Observer
Observer

02 Dec 2019 21:22

hi
I'm also a new member, but i think you've posted in the wrong place. Anyway, hope you'll find a way the fix this weird thing ....

JackDole
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

02 Dec 2019 23:20

ShiVishnu wrote:
Source of the post I see transparent/see-through planets and stars, please help, no textures, no details, its just transparent and in stars its just dispersed light like a nebulae.

You should not post your question in three different threads. All it takes is one thread.
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.990 would have been the right thread for it.
JackDole's Universe 0.990: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=546
JackDole's Archive: http://forum.spaceengine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=419
JackDole: Mega structures ... http://old.spaceengine.org/forum/17-3252-1 (Old forum)

ShiVishnu
Observer
Observer

03 Dec 2019 00:36

alright, sorry.