Ultimate space simulation software

Khorrah
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

List of Mods for Space Engine 0.9.8.0e

20 Nov 2019 18:10

Julian wrote:
This is another repost of the addon for animated Jupiter clouds moving at 1000x speed, with textures I extracted from 0.9.7.1, that I originally posted on the old forum. Click the picture for a 210 KB mp4 preview (at 30x time acceleration):

Download the .pak file (29.3 MB)

On the old forum, JackDole also posted scripts which should go in the addons\catalogs\planets directory for Jupiter clouds moving at normal speed and 10000x speed.

I loved this, It is possible to do with saturn, uranus and neptune and other created gas/ice giants?

Julian
Explorer
Explorer

21 Nov 2019 23:01

Khorrah wrote:
I loved this, It is possible to do with saturn, uranus and neptune and other created gas/ice giants?

It would take a lot of work in Photoshop to break up the textures into different layers, and the clouds of the other giant planets have so little contrast compared to Jupiter's that it may not be worth doing. It may be a more interesting job to turn the current high-res textures for Jupiter into layers, but it would take up a lot of disk space, which was why SpaceEngineer discontinued these animated clouds after 0.971.

Khorrah
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

22 Nov 2019 00:39

Julian wrote:
Khorrah wrote:

It would take a lot of work in Photoshop to break up the textures into different layers, and the clouds of the other giant planets have so little contrast compared to Jupiter's that it may not be worth doing. It may be a more interesting job to turn the current high-res textures for Jupiter into layers, but it would take up a lot of disk space, which was why SpaceEngineer discontinued these animated clouds after 0.971.

I know it would not be easy, also it could be a little bit possible with saturn, or at least I think so

Khorrah
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

22 Nov 2019 00:43

I found this one 

N0B0DY
Explorer
Explorer

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

03 Dec 2019 12:34

NGC 7822 is missing from SE 0990.