kkerr849
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

Mods and Addons - Requests, suggestions and ideas

08 Jun 2019 10:48

Star 1 is Are Sun

Star 2 K2V 2 light years Planets 4 1 with life

Star 3 F0 IV 7 light years 4 Planets

Star 4 B2V  10 Light Years 5 planets  1 with Life 1 Gas Planet With A ring Is Bigger than Jupiter and a Terra Organic Multicellular Marine/Terrestrial

Star 5 O5IV 9 Light Years 2 Planets All Gas Giants

Star 6 G5VI 5 light Years 6 Planets 2 With life Oceania And terra Organic Multicellular Marine/Terrestrial

Star 7 B5Ia 75 Light Years 3 Planets 2 Gas Giant 1 Dwarf Planet

Star 8 G0V 13 Light Years 5 Planet 2 with Life 2 Organic Multicellular Marine/Terrestrial One Ice Giant

Star 9 K2VI 2 Stars 10 Planet 2 With Life Desert And terra Organic Multicellular Marine/Terrestrial

Star 10 M0VI 1 Ligth year 8 Planets 1 with Life terra Organic Multicellular Marine With Green Water Is the aqua Greens

Star 11 B5III 15 ligth Years 6 Planets 2 with Life 1 moon with Life both terra Organic Multicellular Marine/Terrestrial

Star 12 M2 3 light years 12 planets 3 with life Oceania and desert and terra Organic Multicellular Marine/Terrestrial

Star 13 K3 18 light years 5 planets

Star 14 P 14 moons

Dwarf Star 15 White Dwarf 6 planets 2 with life a smallest planet and Smallest Ice giant

SuperMarioFan126
Astronaut
Astronaut

13 Jun 2019 22:37

I'm using a mod that adds Darwin IV (and its system) to Space Engine 0.9.8.0, and it seems like the only life form I can actually see on the planet is the Amoebic Sea. So, if by chance, will there be a mod that adds some of the animal life (living versions in one category, dead versions in another category) and plant life also?
Some examples of Darwin IV's animal life include arrowtongues (look it up for more info) and eosapiens.
Some examples of Darwin IV's plant life include plaque-bark trees (look it up for more info) and electrophytes.
We always need to add more boosters.

Sascha81
Observer
Observer

15 Jun 2019 05:48

more variety palettes for planets, more colors for planets

jbsheridan
Observer
Observer

Pink planets in 0.990

19 Jun 2019 09:49

My apologies for posting on this thread, but for some reason I can't find a way to post any other way.

I have a question about star ships and cockpits.

I would like to find the latest fantasy models and cockpits. Seems to me that almost all of the models are years old.

Who could I talk to about this?

Thank you.

kkerr849
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

29 Jun 2019 10:54

solar system Part 1

Vega
Sirius Done
Betelgeuse
Rigel
Aldebaran
Fomalhaut
Altair
Deneb
Arcturus
Algol
Canopus
Alnitak
Eta Ursae Majoris
Alnilam
Antares

solar system Part 2

Achernar
Algol
Alnilam
Beta Ursae Majoris
Alnitak
Alpha andromedae
Epsion Ursae
Bellatrix
Acrux
Gamma Pegasi
Delta Ursae Majoris
Thuban
Capella
Pollux
Alpha Pegasi

Schübatamann
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

04 Jul 2019 16:03

does anyone have the iss model that appears in the streams?

shouldn't it have been released along with the 0.990 version?

kkerr849
Space Tourist
Space Tourist

15 Jul 2019 08:40

No This is For 0.980

senuaafo
Astronaut
Astronaut

18 Jul 2019 23:41

How about a way to add Blender 3D objects into Space Engine? Useful for creating things like cities, ships, structures, etc, on planet surfaces....
Maybe even some small patches of custom landscaping. Thx.

astroclu
Astronaut
Astronaut

19 Jul 2019 09:36

You already can do that, not directly from the .blend archive but carefully exporting to .obj first. I've done already several addons (spacecrafts, the ISS) from blender models, check the manual section on "creating a ship" so you can see how to import .obj into space engine
Core i7-8700 [email protected] RAM 16GB GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB VRAM
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom"
Isaac Asimov

Jean203
Observer
Observer

23 Jul 2019 06:55

@astroclu, could you detail the process you use to export your blender files to .obj ? 'Cause I've been trying for two days to do it, unsuccessfully. I always got in se.log :
[00] ERROR: seMesh::LoadOBJ(): Error opening the file "#/models/spacecraft/addons/beluga/beluga2.obj"
[00] No new materials, materials library has not been created
I've been searching all around in the forum, but couldn't find an answer anywhere. How can I export correctly my blender file ? I'm on blender 2.79...

I've linked my .sss file, but I'm pretty sure that's not the problem...
Attachments
BelugaShip.sss
(345 Bytes) Downloaded 380 times

astroclu
Astronaut
Astronaut

24 Jul 2019 11:42

Well, thanks for sharing the .sss file, as I'm pretty sure that's part of the problem. If you read carefully the manual for "creating a ship" you need 2 folders in your addon:  models/ and textures/. The link to the .cfg file in your .sss file doesn't include the models/ folder so I guess that's one reasons it's not working, 

In the models folder you put the .sss file and the .obj you are importing. SE will create the .cfg you are pointing to in the .sss and the .sm file
In the textures folder should go the .mtl files with the materials and the textures files. SE will create the .sml file

From blender 2.79, when exporting to .obj I use these parameters (make sure you select only the object (with all its components) , but no cameras, no lights, nor scene elements tha could be around. )
blender2obj.JPG
blender2obj.JPG (27.07 KiB) Viewed 6221 times
[/font]
Once you get your files created by SE, and if you get a white model with no textures, o an "invisible" object, check the .sml and make sure the texture files are correctly pointed to their location. 
Core i7-8700 [email protected] RAM 16GB GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB VRAM
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom"
Isaac Asimov

Jean203
Observer
Observer

24 Jul 2019 14:57

Don't worry, I carefully read the "Creating a Ship" manual, all my folders are created. Indeed, in the .sss file I linked, I tried to replace "addons/eden/models/beluga/beluga6.cfg" by "addons/beluga/beluga6.cfg" because, in the manual, that's what is written ! Tried both... None worked !
Module  “Main”     { “addons/Odyssey2001/DiscoveryHull.cfg” (-1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 -1 0 5 15 0 1) }
And I tried export with the parameters you recommanded, I can create a ship - I already could, i forgot to precise it - but it's an invisible object and no .cfg and no .sml files are created !

In the se.log, it says :
[00] Loading  model "#/models/spacecraft/addons/eden/models/spacecraft/beluga/BelugaShip.obj"
[00] ERROR: seMesh::LoadOBJ(): Error opening the file "#/models/spacecraft/addons/eden/models/spacecraft/beluga/BelugaShip.obj"
[00] No new materials, materials library has not been created
So what's wrong ? 

Here is my new .sss file :
Attachments
BelugaShip.sss
(371 Bytes) Downloaded 393 times

Jean203
Observer
Observer

24 Jul 2019 15:00

EDIT : I found !

In the .sss file, that's not ""addons/eden/models/beluga/BelugaShip.cfg" I needed to write, but only "beluga/BelugaShip.cfg" ! 

That's strange, that's not what the manual said, but it worked... Only a filepath problem, that's frustrating...

So the only question I'll ask : is that a bug, or is the manual not updated ?

Well, thank you very much @astroclu !

Erick Faick LH
Observer
Observer

30 Jul 2019 22:13

I would like to suggest somebody to make the USS Discovery from Star Trek's last TV series. I think it would be interesting to see it. I have been searching here in the forum if somebody has already made it, but it seems like it doesn't,
Attachments
USS_Discovery.jpg
I'm sad almost all time, because I'm a failure of person at my 17's. But thinking about space, planets, and astronomy in general, makes me a little bit happy and it helps me to scape from my sad reality...

DoctorOfSpace
Star Engineer
Star Engineer

31 Jul 2019 00:04

Erick Faick LH, join the Discord, the Trek pak file is available there with an absurd amount of ships contributed by dozens of people, I spent a lot of time making them work.

Until we get workshop it will be a Discord exclusive.
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @5Ghz - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 - GPU: MSI RTX 40​90 GAMING ​TRIO 24G
Quando omni flunkus, moritati